• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

The only confirmed game I found is Knicks @ Nets opening night...but that wouldn't work as the Heat are probably going to get their rings opening night. This past season, there was 3 opening night games and 1 of those was on league pass.

My guess for opening night is

Celtics @ Heat for the salty looks of KG
Lakers @ OKC (because the Spurs don't matter until April anyway and I've accepted that!)

if it's a 3rd game

I'd pick Hornets @ Warriors or Wolves @ Blazers

Tony Allen tweeted the Grizz were playing the Clippers.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
"weh weh everyone dogs on Knicksage, fuck lakersage doe."

Be consistent. And most of the shit levied against the knicks is because of shit ownership which is pretty much undeniable.

^^^ this guy is funny and usually informed. No one can deny Dolan is a douche.

And Knicks fans can't take a joke.

I don't get why they can't, I mean, that's what their franchise is.

^^^ good try... good effort.... ok I am lying but still at least you attempted to troll.

I figured "eh whatever don't care" and was about to get food, then I heard Kurt Rambis talk about the Nets

"This team could make some real noise in the playoffs. If everything goes right they could be as good as a 4 seed!"

lmao

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
NBA opening night: Wizards @ Cleveland, Boston @ Miami, Dallas @ Lakers.

WIZARDS AND CAVS. WHAT IS THIS.

lakers Dallas-Blazers b2b to open season (in LA,@ Portland,fuck that)

Anthony Davis makes NBA debut at home in New Orleans against Spurs on Halloween.

Brooklyn Nets open play in Brooklyn on Nov. 1 against Knicks.

SUPREME1

Banned
I figured "eh whatever don't care" and was about to get food, then I heard Kurt Rambis talk about the Nets

"This team could make some real noise in the playoffs. If everything goes right they could be as good as a 4 seed!"

lmao

Kurt Rambis died in 1989.

Your listening to his twin brother Burt Rambis.

pilonv1

XMas Day NBA Games: Boston @ Brooklyn; Knicks @ Lakers; Thunder @ Heat; Houston @ Bulls; Nuggets @ Clippers.

Lame, should have been Houston @ Knicks on Xmas.

Knicks/Lakers is lol.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Bulls vs. Kings on opening night! Rockets Bulls on Christmas Night! ASIK GRUDGE MATCH

we've fallen so far...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

wat

There are NUMEROUS posts of you saying #1 pick of bust and flipping when the Cats didn't get it. Then you called conspiracy even though it'd have to involve other owners conspiring also.

You don't go through THIS w/o getting an Anthony Davis. You pretty much posted that word-for-word.

you can't find a post of me asking for the #1 pick

lol

Mothman91

One thing that was cool about last season was that there was a lot of games to watch everyday. Loved picking between a few games to watch each night.

WIZARDS AND CAVS. WHAT IS THIS.

lakers Dallas-Blazers b2b to open season (in LA,@ Portland,fuck that)

Other than seeing how the new look Lakers look Washington against the Cavs is easily the most interesting matchup that night. We already know how Heat/Celtics is gonna go, seen that matchup a million times.

Wall against Irving will be nice.
Beal against Waiters? Huge matchup.

Will be fun to see the new look Wiz front court up against TT/Bynum if it happens. If not then TT/Zeller against Nene/Okafor is interesting also.

Really looking forward to that one.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Two Knicks vs. Hawks games on ESPN this year......

TUxyC.jpg

I bet the split of Bulls National Games before March and after is huge. No one wants to see Rose-less Bulls.

http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule//index.html another link.

ABC games: Lakers 7, heat 6, OKC 6, Spurs ZERO

nBYEc.png

Other notable games 11/2 LAC @ LAL; 11/11 ORL @ BK; 1/17 MIA @ LAL; 2/10 LAL @ MIA; 2/7 LAL @ BOS; 2/14 MIA @ OKC; 2/20 BOS @ LA

Lakers with 16 b2b this season. Probably one of the lowest.

Miam,OKC,i and LAC with 11 ESPN games, LAL with 10, Spurs 10. (doesn't include espn2)

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
The Grammy trip for LAL is 7 games this year: at PHO, MIN, DET, BKN, BOS, CHA and MIA (Jan. 30 - Feb. 10).

That's not so bad, really. 4 easy wins.

pilonv1

Warriors on National TV (NBA TV doesn't count)

vs Denver
@ Orlando (lol)
vs Miami
vs Dallas
vs San Antonio
vs Houston
vs OKC
@ Portland

That's more than the past 5-6 years combined I think

h3ro

"weh weh everyone dogs on Knicksage, fuck lakersage doe."

Be consistent. And most of the shit levied against the knicks is because of shit ownership which is pretty much undeniable.

I don't see it as dogging on the knicks-agers in here as much as it is on the organization. We can handle it.

We amnestied talisay and lost syphon to free agency when he opted. Replaced him with Zeus who is strong favorite for ROTY.

Solid off-season.

SamAmicoFSO: Somebody in NBA league office must know something. Magic have just 2 nationally televised games.

LOL

When including NBA TV (and fan night), roughly half of LAL, OKC, and Miami's games will be nationally televised. LAC don't seem too far behind.

pb9g8.png

TNT schedule. MLK day is also underwhelming. Lakers vs Chicago without Rose? Spurs @ Philly!?!?!

Why are Lakers and Miami/Boston not playing these dates. And other teams of course. Those 2 make no sense.

Eye on Basketball ‏@EyeOnBasketball
Wow, Magic play a two-game set against the Nets on November 9th and 11th. That's either forcing the issue or mercy in getting it over with

hah.

Eye on Basketball ‏@EyeOnBasketball
Wow. Nuggets open with 7 of 10 on the road. Two of the three home games are against playoff teams: Utah and... Miami. OUCH.

I don't see it as dogging on the knicks-agers in here as much as it is on the organization. We can handle it.

We amnestied talisay and lost syphon to free agency when he opted. Replaced him with Zeus who is strong favorite for ROTY.

Solid off-season.
Not to mention we have 1 more spot to get another Knick-GAF rook and have another guy signed to a non-guaranteed poster deal. Did it hurt to lose Syphon to Free Agency? I won't lie... no. He was here for like the lockout season and did rub some people the wrong way with his constant "beastin" talk. And trollisay was a cancer, he had to be excised.

At the end of the day, both decisions were good for business.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Solid off-season.

zues is the new shump smh

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The #Blazers have a brutal opening to season. They face Lakers, OKC, Dallas, Clips, SA in first 6 games, and 12 of first 19 are on road.

I..!

Can't even

Solid off-season.

Syphon Finsanity is dead, long live Zues Da Gawd.

I..!

Can't even

now that's OUCH.

Can't imagine a tougher opening slate. Rookie PG too!

I want to see which teams the lakers play only 3 times, but no sortable way yet and team pages not updated. :(

All 82 will be on Time Warner Cable SportsNet & Time Warner Cable Deportes. 1st time in NBA history you can watch in English OR Spanish.

wait, so even TNT and ABC games will be on Time Warner's channel? YES! Well, not for TNT, but for ABC.

SUPREME1

Banned
Maybe Dwight will wake up and realize that LA is the biggest stage there is and there's a lot to be gained by joining the Lakers.

Or he could be a pussy and stay in Orlando... and appear nationally for 2 whole games.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Thanks for the love. I don't know about ROTY I just wanna come in and make things happen.... Play some good D when I play defense its infectious, it spreads.

Lakers play Spurs and Jazz 3 times, twice in LA. Grizz and Wolves 3 times, twice in memphis and Minn.

Not bad. At least all 4 are good teams.

LOL Boston never gets a home Christmas game

Smh and also no all star game since the 60's or 70's I think 0_o

Dat racism against Boston. ;)

Nobody wants to be in -10 degree weather on Xmas. Not even Boston players.

Maybe Dwight will wake up and realize that LA is the biggest stage there is and there's a lot to be gained by joining the Lakers.

Or he could be a pussy and stay in Orlando... and appear nationally for 2 whole games.

But Dwight demanded a trade to LAL already (or nets in January). Not much he can do now.

Overall, the schedule is about as favorable as LAL could hope. Few B2B's, softer early and late, with the meat in the middle.

yay!

So do I have to wait for FIOS to get some sort of deal done with Time Warner before I get to watch my Lakers play?

I don't know the details about the channel, yet. I can't find them anywhere. My guess is you don't need FIOS, just regular cable. A lot of LA doesn't have Fios, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom