• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a Space Jam 2 starring the Bobcats would be great, if only because of the millions of casual fans who would find out after the movie that the Bobcats are a real team.

Wolves

In:

Shved
AK47
Stiemsma
Budinger
Roy
Cunningham

Out:

Randolph
Beasley
Darko
Wes
Webster
Wellington

Plus Tolliver might come back.

That is so far from what I expected this offseason...Impressive.

thekad

Banned
Not amount, trying to figure out when the MLE is available to a team. Is that determined by a certain point during the season?

Not sure, but apparently there's a new midlevel for teams under the cap:

Larry Coon said:
Teams with cap room (therefore losing their midlevel exception) get a new midlevel that is for two years and starts at $2.5 million (growing 3 percent annually).

Haven't really noticed until now, but Chicago has had a pretty bad offseason, aside from the news that Deng might start the season. Watson, Brewer, Korver, and Asik were all fairly important to them staying good when Rose was out and they replaced them with cheap knockoffs in Hinrich, Belinelli, and Mohammed.

Or maybe they're going to tank.

Nah we're not going to be awful enough to tank. Looking forward to a 7/8 seed and 1st round exit!

KingGondo

Banned
"We need your help Mike, the Monstars are back. The fate of the universe is at stake."

"I'll help Bugs but I can't play, I've got golfing to do. I'll assemble the Bobcats"
Haha.

But really though, does anyone doubt that a Space Jam 2 with KD and Bron would make unbelievable amounts of money?

It's only a matter of time.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
@paulcoro

Blanks was "very surprised" the #Suns had an opportunity to get a player of Johnson's ability. Babby said WJ is "speechless" about coming.

Yeah, why was this career 39% shooter available?

diehard

Fleer
“@timallenonline: Kahn says he knows that three teams on the first day of free agency made offers to Kirilenko, but all were for the mid level”

“@JerryZgoda: Kahn said Kirilenko still might have taken pay cut to come to Minnesota and NBA because of tax differences”

“@JerryZgoda: Kahn when asked if Love approved signing: "The assistant general manager? I just read his comments. I'm very pleased he's pleased."”
wow

Srsly

Banned
Now Lebron is saying that they would beat the Dream Team? Oh my god.

Of course they could. It's a single game. Teams with lesser talent often beat teams with greater talent in single games. To see who is actually better, you would have to play lots of games. I like how people act like there isn't randomness or chance in sports.

Also, do people remember how terrible the competition was in 1992? It was a joke. Pretty much every other team didn't have a single guy who could create their own shot. We were playing a bunch of untalented stiffs. Now we have to go against teams like Argentina and Spain with multiple players that have NBA talent and even all-stars and HoF players like the Gasol brothers and Manu Ginobili. You only need a roster of NBA talent and an all-star or two to have a chance of winning a single game. Comparing how easy it is for the current Team USA to win a gold versus how easy it was for The Dream Team is ridiculous.

I am confused about the Hornets offeaseason moves so far. They drafted a SG when it was probably the stongest position on the team, they traded their most experienced PG, and then they go out and sign two more PFs that play the same position as Davis. What is the plan here because I don't see one?

I am confused about the Hornets offeaseason moves so far. They drafted a SG when it was probably the stongest position on the team and then they go out and sign two more PFs that play the same position as Davis. What gives?

Rivers is going to play PG in the future according to the Hornets and I doubt he plays much at all in his rookie year. Davis is going to play center.

Jonm1010

Banned
Rivers is going to play PG in the future according to the Hornets and I doubt he plays much at all in his rookie year. Davis is going to play center.
And I'm not sure I like the idea of him playing center right now. He needs to add about twenty to thirty pounds or he's going to get beat up. Not to mention Davis seems to have a pretty good face up game and range and I'm not sure if playing center will hinder that.

Frankly I'm not sure what our lineup is going to look like or how it's going to work.

Weve definitely got more talent but I'm not sure how it's all gonna work out.

kamspy

thought someone in here could help.

playing NBA 2K12 on PC. Amazon version.

Game started crashing between quarters all of a sudden. Only mod I have is NBA TV scoreboard. no new drivers or nothing. Running on a GTX 680 and 6 core Phenom II.

Playing Davis at center is almost as dumb as playing YNR at point. He's got the length and defensive skills to play there, but he isn't nearly strong enough or heavy enough to play there yet.

A4qp9.jpg

Playing Davis at center is almost as dumb as playing YNR at point. He's got the length and defensive skills to play there, but he isn't nearly strong enough or heavy enough to play there yet.

Most centers in the NBA are pretty thin and around 5 can postup. Defensive rebounding could be a big issue in his first year though. Long term, Ryno and Davis should work well.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Look at this kid, he barely has the weight to play PF much less C.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/794/065/hi-res-148332320_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think it'll be interesting... he's more solid than he looks, but that isn't saying much. I don't expect him to play the full 82 at all though.

Nori Chan

Never realize how badly kobe owned the pacific division last season
Phoenix- 38.7 points 7.0 rebounds 4.7 assists 53.8% FG
Sacramento- 33.5 points 6.5 rebounds 4.5 assists 47.9% FG
LA Clippers- 32.3 points 6.3 rebounds 5.3 assists 53.1% FG
Golden State- 36.3 points 4.0 rebounds 5.7 assists 47.5% FG

SamuraiX-

Even after all the horrible contracts handed out this past month, the greatest tragedy of the 2012 offseason still remains:

InsideHoops.com ‏@InsideHoops
Brian Scalabrine, aka White Mamba, aka Drops Buckets, aka Not Michael Rapaport, aka Tigerblood, still unsigned. #nba

I think it'll be interesting... he's more solid than he looks, but that isn't saying much. I don't expect him to play the full 82 at all though.

I'd be really impressed if he played in all 82 games too. Once he puts on another 20 lbs though he's going to be a straight beast. Thankfully though our boy's body is pretty well developed. The fact that he's bigger than Crash is right now at 18 years old is pretty damn crazy.

Omega

Banned
For those who don't know and might care, they're showing classic games on NBA TV.

Knicks vs Pacers - '93 Game 4 is next.
Bulls vs Atlanta '93 Game 3 after

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'd be really impressed if he played in all 82 games too. Once he puts on another 20 lbs though he's going to be a straight beast. Thankfully though our boy's body is pretty well developed. The fact that he's bigger than Crash is right now at 18 years old is pretty damn crazy.

You talking about Biyombo? Because his body is fucking ridiculous.

linsivvi

Question: Why is Yi, a perennial NBA scrub, carrying the flag for the country that won the most gold medal in the last Olympics?

Answer: Because basketball >>>>>> every other sport.

Question: Why is Yi, a perennial NBA scrub, carrying the flag for the country that won the most gold medal in the last Olympics?

Answer: Because basketball >>>>>> every other sport.

Yi is the Ultramagnus of Chinese basketball. Looked the part...was given the matrix of leadership but couldn't open cuz he was a buster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom