• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh cool, a national team from my country finally gets to compete against a national team in one of the Top 4 North American sports.

:(

Does Team Australia even have a chance?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
<reads the thread>

jobber still hating on the team that represents his country.

Never change, my man.

It's completely despicable and disgusting. So unpatriotic. I remember in '08 when he and others (Brandy was the other clear one) were openly rooting against our country hoping they would "fall flat on their faces".

GTFO OF MY COUNTRY

This has to happen.

Has to.

USA has it on nba2k rookie mode. As a fan of the sport, I'd love to see great competition between 2 teams. That's why I get league pass and watch FIBA tournaments. I rather watch 2 teams like Spain and Russia play each other because they're more on an even playing field than USA playing a team that wasn't suppose to be in the Olympic pool.

Oh cool, a national team from my country finally gets to compete against a national team in one of the Top 4 North American sports.

:(

Does Team Australia even have a chance?

anything can happen. Mr. Mills has blown up the last 2 games.

Shved is the most inconsistent PG in the tournament. John Amaechi nailed it, Shved's game is a repeating cycle of the spectacular followed by the absurd. his game is russian roulette.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nick Young isn't a gunner.

Some gems from a recent interview:

Philadunkia: You have a reputation for being a gunner. Are you working to tweak your shot selection?

Young: I’m not a gunner. It’s more of a confidence. I believe I can make those shots. When it’s in my hands, I believe nobody can stop me. I’m not going to lose that no matter where I go. I just go out there and play the game.

Philadunkia: At this stage of your career, at 27, can you change your game? Are you, effectively, “what you are?”

Young: You learn more every year. I’m just trying to go out there and play my game. I get buckets.

Nick Young has improved defensively a little bit since coming into the league but otherwise he's the same player he was coming in--a very good shooter who shoots a poor percentage because he doesn't play within a system and jacks bad shots.

His shootings been there. If we would have focused all of his training on ball handling, attacking the rim and worked in the weight room a little more he would have had all-star potential. He'll never get it though.

Gaborn

RIP Dan Roundfield

Detroit native Dan Roundfield, who was a star basketball player at Central Michigan and went on to a 12-year NBA career, drowned Monday in Aruba. He was 59.

Roundfield, who died after helping his wife to safety while they swam while on vacation, was to be enshrined in the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame next Thursday at the Gem Theater in Detroit.

"It's horrible, just tragic," said Jim Stark, executive director of the MSHOF. "He was in the prime of his life. I've never met him, but talked to him a few times on the phone during the last couple of weeks and he was really honored and excited to be coming home for the Hall of Fame ceremony.

"He had a lot of fond memories of his time in Michigan and was looking forward to seeing some friends. He was bringing his whole family. We will do something special to honor him."

Roundfield's NBA career included one season with the Pistons, 1984-85.

Roundfield and his wife were swimming off Baby Beach on the southern end of Aruba when they were met with strong currents beyond a protected reef area. Roundfield helped his wife to safety but then the current swept him away. His body was discovered about an hour later, said Aruba police spokesman John Larmonie.

Larmonie said a search team found Roundfield's body underwater about 90 minutes after he was swept away, trapped by rocks.

Roundfield, who had been living in Atlanta, graduated from Detroit Chadsey High School in 1971 before heading to CMU. The 6-foot-8 power forward was Mid-American Conference Player of the Year in 1975, when he averaged 19 points and 11.7 rebounds. He also shot 61.2 percent from the floor to rank fourth nationally. He led the Chippewas to a 22-6 record and their first MAC title that season.

David Ginsberg joined CMU's coaching staff during Roundfield's senior year. Roundfield would later return to CMU to help work in the summer camps.

"Dan was a great guy, a great representative of Central Michigan," Ginsberg said Tuesday. "He graduated on time with a degree in marketing and I think he really used that great athleticism, size and jumping ability with his intelligence for a long, successful NBA career."

Roundfield was inducted into the CMU Hall of Fame in 1985 and his No. 32 jersey is retired by the school.

"It's a tough day for all of us," CMU athletic director Dave Heeke said. "Dan's one of the best overall athletes we've ever had at Central Michigan. He came from an era of basketball that was a pretty special time in the state of Michigan. It's really tragic and stunning."

Eastern Michigan assistant coach Benny White played against Roundfield in high school and in college. White graduated from Detroit Northern in 1972 and played at Michigan State when Roundfield starred at CMU.

"Danny was a Dennis Rodman-type before Rodman made that part of the game possible," White said. "He rebounded, blocked shots, put a body on people. He was relentless. He developed late like most big guys. He gave it his all."

From 1996-2010, White was the boys basketball head coach at Detroit King. White said Roundfield established Chadsey as one of the top teams in the city.

"Chadsey was recognized as a team you had to play with," White said.

Roundfield was the No. 1 draft pick of the ABA's Indiana Pacers in 1975. He played with the Pacers until 1977, through the ABA-NBA merger. He signed with Atlanta as a free agent in 1978.

Atlanta traded Roundfield to the Pistons in June 1984 for Antoine Carr, Cliff Levingston and two second-round draft picks. In his one season with the Pistons (1984-85) Roundfield appeared in 56 games and averaged 10.9 points and 8.1 rebounds.

The Pistons sent Roundfield to Washington the following June for Mike Gibson and Rick Mahorn.

Roundfield played in three NBA All-Star Games (1980, 1981, 1982) with Atlanta. He was named to the NBA All-Defensive team five times.

"Born, raised and educated in our state at Chadsey and CMU before going on to NBA greatness, Dan is a true Michigan Sports Hall of Famer," Scott Lesher, MSHOF chairman, said in a statement Tuesday. "We join his friends, family and the entire sports world in mourning his loss."

After hearing the news, some athletes began sending their condolences via Twitter.

Former Michigan State and NBA player Steve Smith wrote: "Dan Roundfield one of the pioneers of Detroit Basketball R.I.P."

NBA-TV anchor Andre Aldridge also expressed his sadness: "Horrible story and news on the drowning of Dan Roundfield. Great player, greater person. My prayers for his family."

Lakers should trade Gasol if Spain doesn't medal. He's already mentally fragile enough as it is without this failure on his mind to start the season.

Edit: Kirilenko is a beast right now.

Juan Navarro got that hobo look down pat.

I get the sense that alot of these FIBA refs arent going to be able to handle the pace of the better teams

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
alexey-shved-hair.jpg

That's Mike Miller bad. smh

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Aren't you a French mutt?

lol. I can only imagine your spin if the jerseys were switched.

You call Tyson Chandler a piece of shit often for smacking Joel in the wrist, but a closed fist from behind going for the nuts and you dont say anything? Nice.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You call Tyson Chandler a piece of shit often for smacking Joel in the wrist, but a closed fist from behind going for the nuts and you dont say anything? Nice.

I'm just entertained by your completely unexpected reaction.

SamuraiX-

Like most of the big names on Twitter are saying, if Batum did what he did in he NBA --> automatic ejection and 5 game suspension.

No idea where the fuck the refs' heads were.

Batum is a piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom