• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If the Rockets kept Lowry + Scola and all the young guys and their picks what exactly are they looking at? Will they be title contenders next season? In the next 3 years? The next 5? The answer is almost assuredly no.

If you don't have a real franchise player then you're nothing in this league. Throwing away the chance to be .500 every year for the opportunity to keep Dwight long term makes a lot of sense.

I think the reason Morey is desperate to get it done now is because hes hoping no other GM thinks outside of the box and actually realizes that one of the best players in the league can be had for really basically nothing in the grand scheme of things.

nbafanmap.jpg

BS! Northwest Indiana is Bulls territory.

If Dwight said he was going to agree to an extension with whatever team they traded him to then the Magic would end up doing a whole lot better than that package.

The Rockets could have done nothing this year and had the cap room to go after Dwight + other guys in free agency. They chose not to for a reason. There are going to be tons of teams that have cap room to go after guys and only one team is going to get said guys. Everybody else continues their futility, maybe even entering another decade of irrelevance like the Knicks.

This is the best point I've seen so far to describe what the Rockets are doing, you might be right.

he is really fun to watch.

especially because about half his points come from alley-oops

even in the SL , OKC parades to the line.. smh

Evans, Favors, Kanter, Jefferson, Millsap; what guys do you think you're going to keep?

Mxrz

If this trade goes through, Jameer is our only returning starter? Plus we get all of Houston's drafts picks future & present? All so Houston can become a crappier version of the 2011 Magic?

Sounds fine to me. Time for a new avatar, I guess.

KingGondo

Banned
Hennigan should accept that Rox offer if true.

Decent young talent, good draft picks, plus tons of cap relief. And Orlando is still an attractive place for FAs.

RBH

The Chicago Bulls are expected to “re-engage” the Atlanta Hawks about taking Kyle Korver via trade, according to K.C. Johnson of The Chicago Tribune.

The Bulls had originally hoped to ship Korver to Minnesota, with the Wolves then use the sharp-shooter to bait the Portland Trail Blazers into taking Korver and two first-round picks in exchange for the Blazers’ highly coveted restricted free agent Nicolas Batum.

But with Batum likely either staying in Portland or heading to the Wolves, the latter of which Batum’s agent said his client prefers, the Bulls are now looking to resume conversations with the Hawks about a trade centered around Korver.

Korver made $5 million last season with the Bulls. Despite averaging only 8.1 points in 22 minutes per game last season, he is still widely regarded as one of the better three-point shooters in the league.
http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/12/chicago-bulls-kyle-korver-atlanta-hawks-nba/

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wolves are going to have to offer Pekovic the max next offseason if he's going to stay, aren't they? :(

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So I didn't get any Bulls signings for my birthday yesterday, but I did get one of those newfangled nike fuelbands. Anyone on best-age have one?

Also, what'd I miss yesterday. Scola's getting amnestied? Wtf?

EDIT: yes I double posted from the OT1 because I didn't see we made a new one

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Morey has a master plan. There was no way he was gonna give up the farm for a one-year rental. So Dwight and CP3, scary...

He's trying to copy the NJ/Brooklyn plan.

Didn't work for them with a bond villain owner and a new arena in NY - why would it work in Houston?

Emwitus

Asik is a significantly better basketball player than McGee though because he understands how to play basketball.

Like i said, he practically dominated LA. I'd rather take a guy like Mcgee who i consider more of a gamechanger than 8mil G asik. If that's what you mean by understanding basketball, i can live with that and apparently coach karl and the nuggets agree.Just saying.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqQuB_aPak

Give me this over Asik or Green any day. ANYDAY!!

squicken

@Jonathan_Feigen
Very good comments coming in. Objections seem to be giving up so many kids (they're not) and Dwight leaving after 1 year (he might.)

He's been consistently the same dude for some time.. 13/7 for the last 4 years.

To be fair his minutes have been fairly low for a starting big though. He'd average 17 and 8 for a lot of clubs as a starting PF. And without McGees downsides : Inability to set screens, terrible defensive awareness, brings the collective IQ of a team down, etc.

Like i said, he practically dominated LA. I'd rather take a guy like Mcgee who i consider more of a gamechanger than 8mil G asik. If that's what you mean by understanding basketball, i can live with that and apparently coach carl and the nuggest agree.Just saying.

Asik understands that not every shot needs to be contested and that pump fakes are legal. He also understands where to be on the court to cut off drives and to successfully contest shots and to get rebounds. McGee understands none of this and thus is terrible and one of the worst defensive players in the NBA.

Emwitus

Asik understands that not every shot needs to be contested and that pump fakes are legal. He also understands where to be on the court to cut off drives and to successfully contest shots and to get rebounds. McGee understands none of this and thus is terrible and one of the worst defensive players in the NBA.

Again, Mcgee proved his worth in the LA series. Doesn't matter what you think asik understands or not. Guy isn't close to being worth 8mil per. Seriously. His defense is negated by his liabilities on offense. No superstar qualities and I can bet ya mcgee will be an allstar next year.

Again, Mcgee proved his worth in the LA series. Doesn't matter what you think asik understands or not. Guy isn't close to being worth 8mil per. Seriously. His defense is negated by his liabilities on offense. No superstar qualities and I can bet ya mcgee will be an allstar next year.

McGee was inconsistent coming into that series. He's got 10 million on the line over the next few years if he can lock down and focus for what...5 games? However long that series went on?

McGees always shown flashes. Net sum is going to amount to a complete idiot on the court though. We'll see what happens.

As far as Green and Asik? I'd take Asik in a second over McGee. Green? Admittedly dude is bad and overpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom