• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
What happens when Chicago doesnt match and the Rockets have all that money tied into Asik. Him and Dwight cant play at the same time

thekad

Banned
Teams have 3 days to match.

Rockets have to wait until the Knicks players they traded for complete their physicals to be able to complete the Camby trade and be rid of his cap hold before they can sign Lin and Asik to their offer sheets.

Then the Knicks and Bulls have three days to match.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What happens when Chicago doesnt match and the Rockets have all that money tied into Asik. Him and Dwight cant play at the same time

Twin Towers LOL

I just threw up on my iPad thank you very much...

Could they sign anyone else worth a damn? Maybe OJ?

I think Phoenix is rumored to go after OJ and I think Courtney Lee is being talked to by the celtics. Carl Landry is talking to GS, Bellinelli is talking sex for money/money for sex. Kris Humphries might be available LOL.

The longer this takes the worse off HOU's roster is.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I think Phoenix is rumored to go after OJ and I think Courtney Lee is being talked to by the celtics. Carl Landry is talking to GS, Bellinelli is talking sex for money/money for sex. Kris Humphries might be available LOL.

The longer this takes the worse off HOU's roster is.

Lee is being courted heavily by a few teams..

That's the first I heard of Mayo tho...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
They'd have to, right? Asik would play like 8 minutes a game with Dwight on the team. Good god. No one on that team could create their own shot

No other choice, plus Asik is God and worth every penny. Needs time on the floor.

Fucking hell.

It'll be Duhon / Machado. Why would Orlando want all those forwards anyway? We have to be keeping at least one of them. Idealy we keep one small forward and one power forward.

daryl-morey-2011-4-19-13-30-50_crop_340x234.jpg

Different circumstances. CP3 signed an extension and no one really believed he was/is leaving the Clippers. Nets had two summers to sell Deron on the Nets and superstars who wanted to play for them.

I meant in return for the team losing their star; both CP3 and Deron netted young talent, picks and a former all-star. Dwight isn't fetching a former all-star or a proven prospect like Favors or Gordon but way more young talent overall and more cap relief.

for the record I do hope Dwight stays in Houston, that 5th year is important to him or else he would've just walked in the off-season instead of begging to be traded so you have a chance; not a big chance but a chance nonetheless

Blackace

Well let's see here..

Terrence Williams could come back..

Mayo would be the best pick up they could get..

Vince Carter...lol

Brand (if he didn't sign already)

Shannon Brown..

Mothman91

going to sleep, can't wait to read these next few pages in the morning.

and oh yeah,

watch out bestgaf, Bradley going to whoop that ass tomorrow.

The Rockets would be trying to save their cap space to get CP3 and Smoove in 2013.

That is impossible if Asik isn't matched.

Oh god, please don't match Asik. That would be hilarious.

Houston needs to have other moves up its sleeves because if they're basically Orlando West with Toney playing Neer's role, they're fucked.

I expect D12 to be a Rocket by some time this week unless he is threatening to sit out or something. LOL

Dwight = $18 million
JRich/Hedo = $6 million
Big Baby = $6 million
Duhon = $1.5 million
Motie = $1 million
7 cap holds = $3.5 million

My math says Morey is an idiot.

Dwight's cap hold will be over $20 million I believe.

Matrix

Fuck it, I'm pissed and going to bed....

No way can we be getting rid of everyone for a rental star, scrubs and Asik...

going to sleep in denial mode!

Well let's see here..

Terrence Williams could come back..

Mayo would be the best pick up they could get..

Vince Carter...lol

Brand (if he didn't sign already)

Shannon Brown..

Vince is still on Dallas IIRC. And Brand will be picked up on amnesty before this trade is official, so houston can't really win him.

Mayo wants a multi-year deal which will kill their cap to bring in a much better player to pir with Howard.

I can't wait to see what this team will actually be.

Blackace

Vince is still on Dallas IIRC. And Brand will be picked up on amnesty before this trade is official, so houston can't really win him.

Mayo wants a multi-year deal which will kill their cap to bring in a much better player to pir with Howard.

I can't wait to see what this team will actually be.

There isn't a much better player to bring to pair with him besides Mayo...

By my count Dwight + Duhon (waived) + Baby + JRich/Hedo (waived) is roughly $34 million in cap space after this year.

If they match Asik, it's about $42 million. Plus 7 cap holds, $45.5 million. That's the bare minimum with this deal. I haven't checked to see if they're holding onto any rookies or have anyone else on their roster right now. That's RFA max, but not 7 year vet max money.

They have to approach about $50 mil in salaries to be legal this season due to the floor. So the question is whether someone gets a multi-year deal or not.

Without Asik, it's obviously less, but the same aspect applied about increasing to $50 million.

Will be interesting to see what they do. The FA market has mostly dried up. Maybe they will trade for some expiring or something a team doesn't want?

There isn't a much better player to bring to pair with him besides Mayo...

If they give Mayo and MLE or better deal and Asik isn't matched, goodbye any shot at CP3 or $10 mil + player next offseason to pair with Dwight. So he probably leaves.

They have nothing left to trade

They don't need to. When you have cap space, which they will have, you can trade a fake 2nd round pick to any team for any player that fits under the cap.

With this trade and Asik signing, they'll be at like $40 million with jrich, $46 with hedo leaving them $18-12 million of contracts to absorb. Another $8 or whatever if Asik is matched.

Oh right, I messed up the Asik math earlier. he counts as $8 million the entire time. So +3 to the estimates. PLEASE DON'T MATCH BULLS.

Blackace

If they give Mayo and MLE or better deal and Asik isn't matched, goodbye any shot at CP3 or $10 mil + player next offseason to pair with Dwight. So he probably leaves.
if you deal for D12 you have to give him someone to play with besides promises of getting another next season.l

Pkaz01

So suns are either getting Gordon or mayo depending on if New orleans matches or not? Sounds good to me if mayo gets a good contract somewhere around what beasley is getting paid I would be pretty damn satisfied with this off season.

if you deal for D12 you have to give him someone to play with besides promises of getting another next season.l

I agree which is why Morey puts his team in an insane spot.

Either he grabs guys like Mayo and/or trades for someone like ZBO/GAY if memphis wants to unload (just an example, other teams/players possible) now and hopes it's enough to convince Dwight to stay

or

has a mediocre season with the promise of bringing in players next season ala Deron and Brooklyn.

Only they're not Brooklyn, they are Houston. lol.

Mayo kind of sucks, so I'd pass beyond a 1 year deal. Like I said, Houston would be very interesting. I'm sure they'd be big players at the trade deadline for teams under-performing wanting to unleash contracts.

Best part of this trade:

Dwight will be traded from a team whose 2nd best player is Jason Richardson to a team whose 2nd best player is Jason Richardson.

Jonm1010

Banned
So suns are either getting Gordon or mayo depending on if New orleans matches or not? Sounds good to me if mayo gets a good contract somewhere around what beasley is getting paid I would be pretty damn satisfied with this off season.

We're gonna match at this point.

We can't sign and trade him to you all so there is no way we just let him walk for nothing.

Dwight would have been better off staying and having Orlando be renamed Rockets and give all their future picks away.

Shouldn't have opt-ed in, if he cares about winning he'll have to send a real strong "No Vaseline" type message to Houston to keep them from pulling the trigger.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Dwight went from almost playing in Brooklyn with deron and JJ to playing in Houston with Jason richardson. Amazing. I couldn't have planned it better myself. You deserve all of it, Dwight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom