• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

McGee was inconsistent coming into that series. He's got 10 million on the line over the next few years if he can lock down and focus for what...5 games? However long that series went on?

McGees always shown flashes. Net sum is going to amount to a complete idiot on the court though. We'll see what happens.

As far as Green and Asik? I'd take Asik in a second over McGee. Green? Admittedly dude is bad and overpaid.

Well, I wouldn't. Again, I'll make an avatar bet with anyone that Mcgee under Karl will become an All-star this coming season. Who wants to take it?

Omega

Banned
I said his GOING TO BE an all-star this coming season. Who wants to take the bet?

EDIT: Looks like we have a suitor LOL. What avatar will you be taking up in march 2013 sir?

..i know what you said

that's kinda why i said "but an all-star?"..as in "but becoming an all-star"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I said his GOING TO BE an all-star this coming season. Who wants to take the bet?

EDIT: Looks like we have a suitor LOL. What avatar will you be taking up in march 2013 sir?

That bet is free money.

I got a good one with adam working right now though.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://www.commercialappeal.com/new...imberwolves-land-guard-sour/?CID=happeningnow

Memphis Commercial Appeal said:
The Grizzlies have engaged the Minnesota Timberwolves in trade talks in hopes of acquiring one of three guards, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions.

Memphis has interest in Wayne Ellington, Wesley Johnson or Martell Webster – each of whom have reportedly been made available.

Ellington likely is the Grizzlies' main target because of his salary. The 6-4 guard will earn a little more than $2 million this season. Johnson will make $4.2 million and Webster’s deal is for $5.7 million.

Take Wes!

squicken

@Lancezierlein

Don't believe the ESPN hype regarding Rockets and Magic trade particulars in potential Howard deal.

Is Orlando playing ESPN like a funky piano?

Radio host in HOU. Pretty connected with HOU teams. It makes sense. The deals being floated were so stupid on The Rockets end

jjasper

Sounds like it is going to be Ellington for Cunningham. I am cool with that. I like Cunningham but I don't think there is a place for him with Arthur back.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
@Lancezierlein

Radio host in HOU. Pretty connected with HOU teams. It makes sense. The deals being floated were so stupid on The Rockets end

Because Houston has been making nothing but smart, calculated moves this offseason.

Because Houston has been making nothing but smart, calculated moves this offseason.

Other that the Scola deal they haven't done THAT bad.
Bud for Terrance Jones
Dalembert and his 8 million to move up for Jeremy Lamb
Lowry for a lottery pick
Camby (who was leaving regardless) for Toney Douglas and two 2nds

The only bad part was those offer sheets, which we probably don't end up with, and amassing the forward army.

So what potentially decent UFA are left now? I've got:

Jamison
Humphries
Scola
Haywood
Brand
Mayo
Oden (potentially)
Felton
Aaron Brooks?
Carl Landrey
Jordan Hill

Did I miss anyone?

Aaron Brooks is RFA.

There's also Grant Hill.

No he's not, we made him UFA.

The services of Robin Lopez are still available though, who wants to give him a max contract? Twins in all facets! He's actually RFA and we supposedly intend to match any offer for him. Portland is the only team I've read interest from.

SUPREME1

Banned

The services of Robin Lopez are still available though, who wants to give him a max contract? Twins in all facets! He's actually RFA and we supposedly intend to match any offer for him. Portland is the only team I've read interest from.

Jarlaxle

How much you think we wind up paying for Lopez? I don't mind giving him a reasonable contract and then trying to flip him for some draft picks at the trade deadline and moving Frye to backup C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom