• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much you think we wind up paying for Lopez? I don't mind giving him a reasonable contract and then trying to flip him for some draft picks at the trade deadline and moving Frye to backup C.

I don't know man, was worried about it but fortunately there hasn't been much interest to hike up the price. All it takes is one team though, how much will Portland offer? I get the inclination it could end up in the 30's for 3-4 years. Hard to gauge when barely a whisper has been spoken on him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kwame's deal isn't so bad.

The player option and Doug Collins though... lol

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Derrick Williams was 248 last season. I know Summer League doesn't mean anything, but I'll be interested to see how he plays now.

Hope Derrick Williams breaks out. I think I hyped him up more than anyone here last year. I really don't understand why its not translating but it was a rookie year and I didn't see many T-wolve games.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
where did you see that? Woj doesnt have anything
"And although peers such as Oklahoma City head coach Scott Brooks, who played for Thibodeau and didn't have an extension after the Thunder's NBA Finals appearance, have received deals, the Bulls coach, who was offered and rejected a contract deemed to be under his market value, according to an individual with knowledge of the negotiations, publicly is unconcerned about the unresolved issue."

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketbal...with-summer-leagu?blockID=738326&feedID=10332

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Hope Derrick Williams breaks out. I think I hyped him up more than anyone here last year. I really don't understand why its not translating but it was a rookie year and I didn't see many T-wolve games.

It didn't translate because his jump shooting his sophomore year at Arizona was unsustainably good and he also came in out of shape (and apparently with messed up sinuses).

I have a lot of faith in the kid. No reason to give up on him now after the weird lockout season. He's lost a bunch of weight, gotten in good shape, he'll get a real summer league and camp this year, a real preseason, let's see how he does with a honest to god offseason.

KingKong

"And although peers such as Oklahoma City head coach Scott Brooks, who played for Thibodeau and didn't have an extension after the Thunder's NBA Finals appearance, have received deals, the Bulls coach, who was offered and rejected a contract deemed to be under his market value, according to an individual with knowledge of the negotiations, publicly is unconcerned about the unresolved issue."

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketbal...with-summer-leagu?blockID=738326&feedID=10332

man, I feel bad for Bulls fans, the organization refuses to act like the big market team that they are. They make so much money, why not get in the luxury tax? why not keep your bench together? if they write off this year, they still won't get a lottery pick so what's the point

DY_nasty

man, I feel bad for Bulls fans, the organization refuses to act like the big market team that they are. They make so much money, why not get in the luxury tax? why not keep your bench together? if they write off this year, they still won't get a lottery pick so what's the point

They still have a shot at getting our pick. But they'd just blow it either way.

Satoranskys playing in SL for the Wiz...rare chance to see an overseas stashed player actually play. Probably the last time we ever see him in a Wiz uniform.

All eyes on Beal in 45 minutes.

Bummed because I won't get to watch Blake Griffin play in the Olympics. :(

Psyched because I get to see Anthony Davis play in the Olympics instead. :)

Mothman91

Satoranskys playing in SL for the Wiz...rare chance to see an overseas stashed player actually play. Probably the last time we ever see him in a Wiz uniform.

All eyes on Beal in 45 minutes.

Yep...his agent made him play for the SL. Said that he needed to give something back, so he said go play in the SL. Also, Vesely has been practicing on his jumpshot....

hopefully he doesn't kill himself out there trying to act like KG out there.

Yep...his agent made him play for the SL. Said that he needed to give something back, so he said go play in the SL. Also, Vesely has been practicing on his jumpshot....

hopefully he doesn't kill himself out there trying to act like KG out there.

Trying to play like vet KG wouldn't be a bad idea for him. Just learn how to set hard screens and knock down the 13-15 foot shots that will no doubt be wide open.

Still taking that pick really hard. I really wanted us to move McGee at the time to grab Enes or D-Will...maybe Val. I feel like we were cheated out of a decent pick. Maybe Ves will prove me wrong but we lost a lot of games for nothing apparently.

Blackface

Banned
Just got back from a long ban for saying "idiots", or at least thats the reason I was given.

Anyway.

be654__bosh-celebrates.png

lol Kwame on the Sixers. Give up Lou, Jodie, and Brand for Kwame.

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Pending passed physical, Bulls have traded Kyle Korver to Atlanta. Could be sign-and-trade w/Hinrich. Details soon at http://chicagotribune.com.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Luis Scola has been officially released today via the amnesty clause by Rockets, sources with knowledge of the move tell ESPN

And here we go.

I'd like to pay the five bucks to watch the Rockets summer league team, which is basically the real team, but of the guys I want to see might not make it to game two.

Knicks Summer League Roster
Code:
 Num 	      Player 	     Position 	Height 	Weight 	   From
 31 	 Brooks, Jeff+ 	         F 	 6-8 	 215 	 Penn State/USA
 14 	 Copeland, Chris+ 	 G 	 6-8 	 224 	 Colorado/USA
 5 	 Farrakhan, Mustapha+ 	 G 	 6-4 	 181 	 Virginia/USA
 54 	 Goldcamp, Kyle+ 	 F 	 6-10 	 250 	 Gannon/USA
 45 	 Nivins, Ahmad+ 	 F 	 6-9 	 207 	 Saint Joseph?s/USA
 52 	 Parakhouski, Artsiom+ 	 C 	 6-9 	 207 	 Radford/Belarus
 3 	 Rivers, Jeremiah+ 	 G 	 6-5 	 210 	 Indiana/USA
 13 	 Russell Jr., Walker+ 	 G 	 6-0 	 170 	 Jacksonville State/USA
 4 	 Smith, Chris+ 	         G 	 6-2 	 195 	 Louisville/USA
 11 	 Thompson, Mychel+ 	 G-F 	 6-6 	 211 	 Pepperdine/USA
 18 	 Withers, Terrance+ 	 G 	 5-11 	 175 	 Arkansas Tech/USA
 25 	 Witherspoon, Wesley+ 	 F 	 6-9 	 207 	 Memphis/USA
There's like 5 names I recognize on the roster, and because of Lin's contract status he can't play Summer League. In fact there isn't a Knick on the team that's on the roster, hilarious.

DY_nasty

I'm actually pretty hyped to see Beal play.

btw, is there a link with all the summer league rosters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom