• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if my PM box can take that kind of abuse...
tumblr_lysnrxTs0H1qcfba3o1_500.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: 4 Way deal between 76ers Nuggets Lakers Magic is now DONE! #Howard LA Bound / Bynum Philly / Iggy Nuggets

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: 4 Way deal between 76ers Nuggets Lakers Magic is now DONE! #Howard LA Bound / Bynum Philly / Iggy Nuggets

Why does that dude have 158k followers?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If somehow Lakers can get JRichardson and Dwight without giving up Pau then I will a good Friday night.
JRich isn't coming to the Lakers

From what I've read it does sound like they want Houston or Cleveland to up their offer. It's odd that suddenly Orlando wants Gasol and I guess Affalo is valuable since it's so hard to find a good SG...lol.

Not buying that

I would take the deal shipping Pau out too. I know we need to shed salary and he's a huge contract for a deceling player. The aquisition of harrington kind of softens the blow a little. I also like it because I feel like only one 7 footer in the lane will be better for Nash. Harrington can pop and shoot too, also good for Nash.

KingKong

lol would the Lakers really give up Gasol and Bynum for Dwight?

I guess if they're thinking Kobe is done in a few years and they need a star, you get Dwight in any way you can, but that's going to be a very top-heavy roster

Blackace

I would take the deal shipping Pau out too. I know we need to shed salary and he's a huge contract for a deceling player. The aquisition of harrington kind of softens the blow a little. I also like it because I feel like only one 7 footer in the lane will be better for Nash. Harrington can pop and shoot too, also good for Nash.

Pau isn't about that life

Nelo Ice

Banned
JRich isn't coming to the Lakers

Not buying that

Yeah deal is odd though I think if we're involved along with Denver/Philly then it won't be whats currently out there. Coon thinks since the talks leaked early before agents were involved so it's possibly a ploy by Orlando to get other teams like Houston to up the ante.
Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
@MoShady Way early in the process, where lots of deals fall through. And again, I don't know that it's not Orl trying to drive up offers.

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
...early in the process, and the names are fluid. If this ends up being an actual trade, the names will likely be different @HenrySanchez

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
...But a couple comments: 1) More would need to come back to LA; 2) I can confirm that talks have happened, but it's very @HenrySanchez

edit:
Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
Source close to Pau Gasol: Spaniard is not in the proposed 4-team deal that would bring DHoward to Lakers.

thekad

Banned
lol would the Lakers really give up Gasol and Bynum for Dwight?

I guess if they're thinking Kobe is done in a few years and they need a star, you get Dwight in any way you can, but that's going to be a very top-heavy roster

They could flip Kobe for additional pieces. Might be hard to find someone who will take his contract though.

Blackace

Yeah deal is odd though I think if we're involved along with Denver/Philly then it won't be whats currently out there. Coon thinks since the talks leaked so early before agents were involved it's possibly a ploy by Orlando to get other teams like Houston to up the ante.

I like Larry Coon but cannot get past his name!

Blackace

They could flip Kobe for additional pieces. Might be hard to find someone who will take his contract though.

Might be hard to find a team that he allows the Lakers to trade him to

I bet the Lakers would LOVE to have the option to move Kobe if they had to..

I disagree ... I think they want him in a Lakers Jersey his whole career. He brings in A LOT of money to that team. I bet they're upset the new CBA didn't exclude grandfathered contracts though.

Blackace

If they had to but they don't. The Lakers know that Kobe brings MUCH MORE $$$ into the franchise even at his current age and skill level than they would get back by shedding his salary.

To be honest any all star scorer would bring $$$$ to the lakers.... They don't have to trade for Dwight, they have to do a lot of things but they are doing to make their team better...

Meier

Just seeing this Woj story about the Magic being involved in a 4-way deal and getting Pau over Bynum. A 32 year old who is on the wrong side of his career for the best Center of a generation.

Sigh. If we don't get 2-3 1st rounders on top of this.. then I just have no faith in this new GM at all.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
@bcanell: Calling around now. All I'm told is that it's very close.

Well I guess it's better than saying imminent right? lol.

Also
Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher
To be forthright: it's conceivable Pau could get dealt with his camp being told otherwise. Rarely happens, but can't say it never does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom