• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hey so...uhh...SIXERS. This is pretty amazing. Even if it is for one year, Bynum for Iguodala? Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't do this deal?

Now our core is so young, if we can just sign Bynum, we could be a top 3 team in the East for yearssss!

Janis Carr: Latest ESPN from Bucher reports that Pau Gasol is NOT in the four-team trade. 1 minute ago
tumblr_m03eajwu9K1r61gsyo1_500.gif

Nelo Ice

Banned
Is Philly taking Bynum without an extension?

Yeah and they or any other team potentially acquiring him will have to since he's not signing for less $$ and years when he could get a brand new contract for even more $$ and years from the team with his bird rights.

Yeah Philly is will likely become a half court team if they get Bynum.

Not necessarily. Hawes is slow as fuck. Brand isn't much faster.

Bynum would actually give us a half-court option tho. We'd also miss Iggy's ability to push the break. He was a threat to dunk on someone...Turner is not.

Is Philly taking Bynum without an extension?

The thought is that Iggy is gonna walk next offseason (He has an option) and we have been offered doo doo for him..

so y not?

I get that, but that's playing him out of position. He's never been a 2.

He had his best season at the 2...with Andre Miller.

he will finally have a true point guard again or at least someone with a brain who can dribble and not cut themselves.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Iggy at the 2
Gallo at the 3/4
Chandler at the 3/4

Randolph on the bench.... Cause a lineup of him and McGee would cause a blackhole of negative BBIQ.

Anyhow iggy and Wilson will bother a lot of Swingmen defensively

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yeah and they or any other team potentially acquiring him will have to since he's not signing for less $$ and years when he could get a brand new contract for even more $$ and years from the team with his bird rights.

Seems like a big gamble. Centers are always in demand and I can see a team like Dallas offering him a max deal.

KingJ2002

Who does everyone receive in this deal? No way the Magic are flipping essentially Dwight for Aaron Afflolol.

considering the magic were entertaining a deal with houston for just a bunch of picks... i wouldnt be surprised.

they are set on recreating the magic to be like the thunder.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Seems like a big gamble. Centers are always in demand and I can see a team like Dallas offering him a max deal.

Team with his bird rights can offer him an extra year and more $$. It's likely one of the reasons Deron chose Brooklyn over Dallas since Nets could offer an extra $25 mil and another year over Dallas.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Iggy at the 2
Gallo at the 3/4
Chandler at the 3/4

Randolph on the bench.... Cause a lineup of him and McGee would cause a blackhole of negative BBIQ.

You can't have a line up starting Gallo or Chandler at 4 and expect Karl not to kill someone..

Zeus Molecules

You can't have a line up starting Gallo or Chandler at 4 and expect Karl not to kill someone..

Wilson can guard against most 4's and Gallo is a stretch 4 at his core....

But yeah you probably right but McGee and Randolph are going to give Karl a heart attack.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Wilson can guard against most 4's and Gallo is a stretch 4 at his core....

But yeah you probably right but McGee and Randolph are going to give Karl a heart attack.

uh.. No?

But regardless their weakness at 4 has nothing to do with the trade.. They will be better with Iggy than without

Iggy at the 2
Gallo at the 3/4
Chandler at the 3/4

Chandler has played tons of SG in his Knicks tenure. It would be:

SG: Chandler
SF: Iggy
PF: Gallo

And Gallo would be destroyed nightly unless he bulks up a bit. Flopping ain't going to save him.

Zeus Molecules

Chandler has played tons of SG in his Knicks tenure. It would be:

SG: Chandler
SF: Iggy
PF: Gallo

And Gallo would be destroyed nightly unless he bulks up a bit. Flopping ain't going to save him.

D'antoni use to have have him guard 4's maybe that corrupted my view of him but yeah Wilson and Iggy are going to be a gold defensive Duo

Lkr

lakers have been quiet since getting nash and i haven't been active here since the whole off season market has been slow. i hate this shit though. i can't get too excited for this, but i want a dwight howard trade to happen. it won't though, so fuck orlando for making me get my hopes up

Iggy Chandler and Gallo should never see a minute at the 4. Not a second.

edit: I'm not getting too hyped just yet, more likely than not this is just Henny's regularly scheduled Howard tug job.

Lkr

apparently nuggets don't think iggy is enough for afflalo? fuck me, i knew a trade for howard wouldn't be happening

Meier

Afflalo and late draft picks. What's wrong with that?

Afflalo is a nothing player. There's a lot of guys who can score 15 points in the NBA if they play 35-40 minutes. He shoots at a decent percentage but he's completely replaceable on every squad he'll ever play on.

apparently nuggets don't think iggy is enough for afflalo? fuck me, i knew a trade for howard wouldn't be happening

They're trading a role player for an all-star and a member of team mother fuckin' USA. What more could they possibly want? I expected this frivolous kind of holdup from Dwight, but not you, Denver...not you.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Afflalo and late draft picks. What's wrong with that?

Aren't you a stat head? Nuggets have always been better with him off the court instead of him on it. One of the most overrated guys in the league.

This rumored deal is beyond putrid for the Magic. I already have no faith in Hennigan, this offseason has been a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

That said I would absolutely love to see Karl and Iggy together. Iggy would be unreal in Denver.

Godslay

Banned
Sounds good to get rid of Harrington, and add Iggy, but I'm not sure I like Dwight coming to the West. I'm not sure Iggy's enough to make enough of a difference.

HenryHSH

As much as I've hated Pau the past two postseasons, I really hope we don't give him away.

This isn't over until it's officially official. No woj, stein or broussard are going to convince me until I see DH laker jerseys on sale on nba store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom