• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJ2002

i hope this deal goes down just tp end the dwightmare... but lakers need to keep pau if they want another chip.

taking harrington is stupid... might as well have Jamison start and look to bolster our bench... again... smh

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i hope this deal goes down just tp end the dwightmare... but lakers need to keep pau if they want another chip.

taking harrington is stupid... might as well have Jamison start and look to bolster our bench... again... smh

Al would be that bench.. Pretty sure Jamison starts.. You know how well he played for Mike Brown in Cle...

KingKong

Well I believe the Magic need to get a deal done before training camp so whatever

If theyre not getting rid of Hedo or getting some nice picks though, then lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
Pretty sure they get Pau too

I hope if a deal does go down it doesn't involve him since that would just make us flat out ridiculous lol. Would be surprised if he is moved though since I'm sure Mitch/Buss are doing everything possible to keep him so they can pair him with Dwight.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I can't wait until Dwight decides to fuck it up at the last minute.

Like all of the other times a deal was close.

Quick send him to Dodgers stadium and have him be cheered!

And
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Sources: Magic, Lakers discussing many trade proposals including deals allowing Lakers to keep Gasol. Nothing imminent but sides confident

Stephen A Smith ‏@stephenasmith
Barring any last minute snag, D-Howard will be a Laker by tomorrow. Bynum will be in Philly. And we'll all expect a Lakers/Heat Finals.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
If Lakers can come out of this summer with Dwight AND Nash and KEEP Pau ... nothing can top Summer of 1996 but that's ridiculously close

Yeah if this goes down, then this has to be the 2nd most epic Lakers offseason ever.

Stephen A Smith ‏@stephenasmith
Barring any last minute snag, D-Howard will be a Laker by tomorrow. Bynum will be in Philly. And we'll all expect a Lakers/Heat Finals.

i2feBtyr0splR.gif

I just realized that this deal would give us

An emo (Turner), Swag onSwag on Swag (Nick), A cake thrower (Kwame), and a thug (Bynum).

add in Jrue's struggles with giving fucks and Doug will retired by mid-season.

Or murder everyone.

Azzurri

Gold Member
If the Howard trade goes through I think it makes them worst. I could see them leaving with one of the 2, but not both.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
This is an interesting deal a lot of decent to good players are being moved besides just Dwight and Bynum.

Also the nuggets getting Iggy is interesting since he is better than Affalo and maybe could be the leader that team lacks (in my opinion). The Nuggets have a nice roster from the 1-5.

Also Philly getting Bynum puts them back into playoff contention as well. Man I can't wait until next season.

Also if the lakers pulls J Rich and Al Harrington while keeping pau in this deal I will be amazed since they will add depth to their bench and got the best player involved in the deal as well.

An emo (Turner), Swag onSwag on Swag (Nick), A cake thrower (Kwame), and a thug (Bynum).

Or murder everyone.

shame that iggy,meeks and lou are gone. they will be a formidable team with those guys and bynum.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

Or murder everyone.

I pretty much gather by listening to his pbp during the Olympics that he's already in deep depression. The only highlight of his life would be coaching Michael Jordan before Jordan became good.

pilonv1

That's actually a tough call.. Because D12 does play game changing D...

I wouldn't give up two inside scorers on a team with only three scorers for an offensively challenged centre with a bad back no matter how good his defense is. Plus he's going to be in constant foul trouble trying to defend the rim against whoever Jamison is letting waltz into the lane.

Was going to say Philly would be looking good but I forgot they let their best players go and signed some head cases.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

In the most likely scenario, Magic would get neither Pau Gasol nor Andrew Bynum, source says. Bynum would go to Philly if deal gets done.

LOLando if true

Blackace

This is an interesting deal a lot of decent to good players are being moved besides just Dwight and Bynum.

Also the nuggets getting Iggy is interesting since he is better than Affalo and maybe could be the leader that team lacks (in my opinion). The Nuggets have a nice roster from the 1-5.

Also Philly getting Bynum puts them back into playoff contention as well. Man I can't wait until next season.

Also if the lakers pulls J Rich and Al Harrington while keeping pau in this deal I will be amazed since they will add depth to their bench and got the best player involved in the deal as well.

I like Iggy in Nuggets blue...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Optimism is guarded, however, because there are so many parties involved and so many Dwight deals have fallen apart.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
In the most likely scenario, Magic would get neither Pau Gasol nor Andrew Bynum, source says. Bynum would go to Philly if deal gets done.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
There is guarded optimism the deal, which also involves Denver and Philadelphia, could be consummated.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Four-team talks that would send Dwight Howard to the Lakers are "progressing," a league source tells @CBSSports.

Blackace

I wouldn't give up two inside scorers on a team with only three scorers for an offensively challenged centre with a bad back no matter how good his defense is.

Pau AB and Nash are allergic to D

I wouldn't give up two inside scorers on a team with only three scorers for an offensively challenged centre with a bad back no matter how good his defense is. Plus he's going to be in constant foul trouble trying to defend the rim against whoever Jamison is letting waltz into the lane.

everyone knows bynum's knees will explode again before xmas.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Idk its way to early to talk playoffs. I mean even if they have to give up a first and Affalo I think getting Iggy is a good move for them.

He plays the same position as Chandler and Galinari. And getting rid of Harrington means they actually have to play Anthony Randolph.

The Nuggets get way too much in this trade, Afflalo is unbelievably overrated. Kind of hard to believe how much hype he's gotten as a defensive stopper when his teams are always terrible on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom