• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sounds good to get rid of Harrington, and add Iggy, but I'm not sure I like Dwight coming to the West. I'm not sure Iggy's enough to make enough of a difference.

Nuggets can't even worry about that. There are plenty of other good teams in the West, the notion that the Lakers are some unbeatable juggernauts with Dwight is pretty laughable - the only thing that the Nuggets should be trying to do is improve their roster and honestly they might be upgrading their team the most with this 4 team deal.

I find it unconscionable that the Magic could be in a 4 team deal, one that involves Dwight Howard, and somehow get the least out of this deal out of all 4 teams.

pilonv1

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Names in deal still emerging but sources say ORL definitely getting Afflalo, Harrington, Vucevic & one future 1ST from all three other teams

Where are the "basketball reasons" stopping this trade?

Oh wait the League doesn't own them, carry on

Tomorrow is going to be interesting...
tits and ass, brosefs!
cheeringybu2o.gif

squicken

Nuggets can't even worry about that. There are plenty of other good teams in the West, the notion that the Lakers are some unbeatable juggernauts with Dwight is pretty laughable - the only thing that the Nuggets should be trying to do is improve their roster and honestly they might be upgrading their team the most with this 4 team deal.

I find it unconscionable that the Magic could be in a 4 team deal, one that involves Dwight Howard, and somehow get the least out of this deal out of all 4 teams.

total blowup. I get dumping contracts and not wanting Bynum, but the picks are worthless

Can someone sum up the Dwight deal as we know it since I'm trying to avoid Olympic spoilers on twitter?

Is Pau moving for Harrington like I heard earlier?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Can someone sum up the Dwight deal as we know it since I'm trying to avoid Olympic spoilers on twitter?

Sources tell ESPN trade also calls for Sixers to get Jason Richardson with Bynum, with Iguodala to Denver & Dwight, obviously, to Lakerland

Names in deal still emerging but sources say ORL definitely getting Afflalo, Harrington, Vucevic & one future 1ST from all three other teams

Shit is about to go nuclear cmon get this done!

pilonv1

Lakers: Dwight
Philly: J-Rich, Bynum
Nuggets: AI
Orlando: Vucevic, Afflalo, Harrington & some shitty 1sts

edit: Stein saying maybe Harkless to Orlando. Thats like putting a band aid on an axe wound

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

ORL - Afflalo, Harrington, Vucevic, 3 crappy 1sts
LAL - Dwight
DEN - Iggy
PHI - Bynum, JRich

I can't believe this shit. Theres no way this shit is happening.

Puddles

Banned
If the net for the Lakers is Pau and Bynum for Harrington and Dwight, then DO NOT want.

The gap between Dwight and Bynum isn't nearly as large as the gap between Pau and Harrington, and it's not like Al is younger; he and Pau are both 32.

Edit: No Pau involved? Thank Based-Tebow.

nope. latest reports show pau isn't part of the 4way.

So Lakers get Dwight
Philly gets Bynum and JRich
Orlando gets Harrington, Afflalo, Vujacic, picks
Denver gets Iggy?

Is this the deal? Philly makes out well in this, too.

If the net for the Lakers is Pau and Bynum for Harrington and Dwight, then DO NOT want.

The gap between Dwight and Bynum isn't nearly as large as the gap between Pau and Harrington, and it's not like Al is younger; he and Pau are both 32.

Yeah, I heard the harrington Pau swap earlier and was all DONOTWANT on that. But keeping Pau!? Fuck yes.

Godslay

Banned

I still don't like it. You are bringing the #1 center (arguably) to directly compete against you. It's a massive upgrade for the Lakers.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I still don't like it. You are bringing the #1 center (arguably) to directly compete against you. It's a massive upgrade for the Lakers.

Dwight is most likely going to end up on the Lakers one way or another. Getting a huge upgrade for your team for basically nothing is never a bad thing.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So Lakers get Dwight
Philly gets Bynum and JRich
Orlando gets Harrington, Afflalo, Vujacic, picks
Denver gets Iggy?

Is this the deal? Philly makes out well in this, too.

Yeah, I heard the harrington Pau swap earlier and was all DONOTWANT on that. But keeping Pau!? Fuck yes.

Details are coming in from Stein atm but heres his latest tweet.
Other names likely to emerge. Example: Just heard Harkless to Orlando. But deal that's being submitted for league approval indeed Pau-less

thekad

Banned
BTW, Afflalo is $8mil/4yrs and Harrington is $7mil/3yrs (also he's terrible). Lakers can't trade any first round picks until 2017, Philly has pick obligations with Boston, and Denver's pick will be in the 20s.

The Magic are getting killed.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Package 1-2 of the 1sts in a deal for a better 1st.
????
PROFIT

Also you'll love Moe Harkless.

You know it, I love the moe.

Hilarious how we are going to trade Dwight in a 4 team trade involving 2 other all-stars and are getting neither back!

This is a half-assed blowup too. Shedding only 1 contract and getting back crap picks? And crap players on top of it? Sign me up!

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...rd-los-angeles-lakers-four-team-deal-complete

A four-team trade that would send Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers is complete, multiple sources told ESPN on Thursday night.

A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will get Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will get Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vujecic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.

thekad

Banned
So the Magic are getting Afflalo, Vucevic, a bad contract, a 2017 first, a 2015 first, and a late 2013 first for Dwight.

Oh, and the picks are protected :lol

pilonv1

Also you'll love Moe Harkless.

The only shining light for Orlando if they do this deal is that Harkless/Nicholson/Vucevic could be a very good front line in 3-4 years.

But otherwise this is a slaughter of Baron Davis for Speedy Claxton & Dale Davis proportions

So the Magic are getting Afflalo, Vucevic, a bad contract, a 2017 first, a 2015 first, and a late 2013 first for Dwight.

Two bad contracts, Afflalo's is terrible given his play last year

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Orlando is one stupid as shit franchise and here I thought the Rockets were the dumbest team.

Still waiting for Stern to step in lol yea right.

Glad Morey didn't trade away all the Rockets young players for a selfish bi-polar shit like Howard.

thekad

Banned
So it took all this time for the Magic to take the worst deal on the table?

Lakers traded Bynum and a protected first round pick five years from now for the second or third best player in the league. After trading two protected first round picks for a top 5 PG.

But David Aldridge said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom