• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So it took all this time for the Magic to take the worst deal on the table?

Lakers traded Bynum and a protected first round pick five years from now for the second or third best player in the league. After trading two protected first round picks for a top 5 PG.

But David Aldridge said...

Competitive balance at work.

Mothman91

Magic fans will never wake up from this shit. What the fuck is Hennigan doing?

Today is my birthday too. Thanks a lot you incompetent fool. Couldn't wait till another day?

Happy Birthday! Here is your presents from the NBA!!

act_arron_afflalo.jpg

act_al_harrington.jpg

thekad

Banned
Are there still going to be Lakers fans pretending they're not the favorite to win it all?

It's like if the Spurs added Lebron.

HenryHSH

Yeah, after all this shit, how the fuck did Hennigan decide that this is the blockbuster trade he wanted? I think the BKN deal was better, but I'm happy to get Howard so in the end I don't give a fuck about the Magic.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Yeah, after all this shit, how the fuck did Hennigan decide that this is the blockbuster trade he wanted? I think the BKN deal was better, but I'm happy to get Howard so in the end I don't give a fuck about the Magic.

If he wanted better he should've traded Dwight earlier before everyone moved their assets or in say the Rockets case see how well they played during summer league.

I don't know what he was doing.

He literally got better offers from the Nets, and he sure as hell got better offers from the Rockets.

I'm thinking he saw that the longer this went, the less leverage he'd have because Dwight being in Orlando would be a nightmare and everyone knew it. So he rushed at the first semi-decent offer and took it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
From Rudolph
So here is my honest opinion: Why the wait? Nets and Rockets had similar offers that gave draft picks, cap relief and shedding of bad contracts. The Lakers' initial offer was around the same thing. None of the deals were great, but Rob Hennigan waited and didn't get any better. Addition from subtraction, maybe, maybe not. But the the on-court product isn't better. How do you explain this to Magic fans?

But hey gotta wait for that better deal right!

I don't know what he was doing.

He literally got better offers from the Nets, and he sure as hell got better offers from the Rockets.

I'm thinking he saw that the longer this went, the less leverage he'd have because Dwight being in Orlando would be a nightmare and everyone knew it. So he rushed at the first semi-decent offer and took it.

Everyone knew that and him waiting for Dwight to confirm a new destination was the nail in the coffin for any leverage he had left.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I truly believe Houston couldn't get Howard because of his agent Dan Fegan being a complete tool and controlling a lot of shit (including Howard's brain) behind the scenes.

Orlando is now settling for complete garbage. They got bent over badly and Stern is loving it.

Feel badly for Orlando fans and thankful the Rockets are not part of this any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom