• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

ClutchFans.net ‏@clutchfans

Since the lockout was lifted, small market teams agreed to trade Chris Paul, Steve Nash & Dwight Howard to the Lakers

my head hurts

no other league do stupid fuck GMs actively try and make one of the top teams better every year. what goes through their minds? what is the reason for bending over and getting swindled each and every time a big name player comes up..stupid fuck league this was an even bigger swindle than kwame for pau since they gave up NOTHING..i guess kwame was a nothing either but whatev

like i said somewhere else i hope the big one strikes the city and staples ends up underground some BS

iPOXdiryLBQ9N.gif

i7MtzbIdR4EYj.gif

bionic77

Westbrook worries me more than Durant with our new beast lineup. But I am hoping that Nash will be able to keep up with his new weapons on offense. A lot to hope for, but like I said I could see some amazing shit between Pau/Dwight and Nash. The pick and roll from Nash to Pau and then the passing options from that are going to be insane if things fall our way. We won't even need Brown on offense with Nash directing things!

Mxrz

Welp.

I'll wait for the full details to land, and see if this one actually goes through first. Not sure why Denver is agreeing to supercharge the Lakers for Iggy, but eh.

squicken

Hennigan was waiting for the best deal and he clearly got teams to up their offers. Just look at the haul they got!

If Morey actually offered that crazy ass deal, he should have been fired. Hennigan too for turning it down. And now we are here? I don't even know what the proper punishment for Hennigan is. Are there enough non-senior citizens in Orlando to go down to the offices and tar and feather the guy?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It sucks our GM knows how to do his job I know it's rough being a Laker fan =(.

One thing our GM can do is pick good draft picks, for once we will actually hold on to them. Exciting times ahead in tank world for us Rockets fan :D

It's just a big wtf at how other gm's let the Lakers gm bitch slap them around. It's so fucking strange.

pilonv1

Welp.

I'll wait for the full details to land, and see if this one actually goes through first. Not sure why Denver is agreeing to supercharge the Lakers for Iggy, but eh.

Saves them $43million in bad contracts. Absolute no brainer for them.

Well, the Jazz now are going to have a murderous race for the playoffs with the Nuggets, Warriors, and Timberwolves and maybe Hornets. 4 or 5 teams fighting for two spots, ehh.

Hey Blackface, if you're reading this

Blackface in 2011 said:
Laker fans think LA is some special place all athletes want to play. They don't, and never have. Lakers do not have a history of picking up massive, young, in their prime FA's all the time. It happens like once a decade if that.

The 2000's really have gone to Laker fans heads. I think it's all going to come crashing down to reality for them soon enough.

If I was Dwight, I would rather go play with the Clippers, or various other teams in the NBA.

Not to mention, the Lakers would have to trade some big pieces to get Dwight, and under the new CBA, maybe even more. The Lakers do NOT have a long-term future, something I assume Dwight is looking for.

You didn't get Pau via FA, and you already had a prime Kobe.

You aren't getting Dwight. I will bet a permanent Avatar on it. You down?

We aren't talking about the Raptors, stop changing the subject. The Raptors are shit, I get it, good one. You are so creative.

The fact is, Players in their prime don't flock to LA, and never have. This is regardless of sport.

You will not get Dwight Howard. He and his agent both know you will have to trade away valuable pieces for that to happen. He will be constantly compared to Shaq, and when Kobe is old and worthless (sooner then later), it will be all on Dwight to lead an entire team, just like with the Magic. Phill Jackson won't be there to bail him out, and the new CBA is going to make it so you can't make lop-sided trades and pay them truck loads of money due to Bird Rights. The Lakers also have no good, young talent.

It isn't happening. I already made my bet on it.
EAD!

Nelo Ice

Banned
If Morey actually offered that crazy ass deal, he should have been fired. Hennigan too for turning it down. And now we are here? I don't even know what the proper punishment for Hennigan is. Are there enough non-senior citizens in Orlando to go down to the offices and tar and feather the guy?

One thing our GM can do is pick good draft picks, for once we will actually hold on to them. Exciting times ahead in tank world for us Rockets fan :D

It's just a big wtf at how other gm's let the Lakers gm bitch slap them around. It's so fucking strange.

He may have been willing to offer that ridiculous deal before Dwight confirmed his choice for LA but I doubt it. He probably offered something along those lines but not nearly close enough to gut the team like that. But in all honesty Orlando should've just taken that or hell Bynum straight up over what they got.

KingKong

Westbrook worries me more than Durant with our new beast lineup. But I am hoping that Nash will be able to keep up with his new weapons on offense. A lot to hope for, but like I said I could see some amazing shit between Pau/Dwight and Nash. The pick and roll from Nash to Pau and then the passing options from that are going to be insane if things fall our way. We won't even need Brown on offense with Nash directing things!

no doubt, I'm kinda excited to see Nash play with elite players and Kobe play with a real PG

Smokey

Lakers need a PG:

*Suns - Herp yeh we'll sign n trade you steve nash. yeh no problem mitch appreciate those worthless draft picks

Lakers "need" a C:

*Magic - Derp yeh we'll trade you Dwight he's only the top Center in the game. what's that? nah we don't want paussy gasol i mean hes alright but nah yall just hold on to him we're good over here. oh did you mention bynum? i guess he could be a nice replacement but nah man we don't need em try cleveland tho. appreciate the offer tho mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom