• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
35l1j8.jpg

C'mon David. Work your magic.

new page

Blackface 2011 said:
You didn't get Pau via FA, and you already had a prime Kobe.

You aren't getting Dwight. I will bet a permanent Avatar on it. You down?

We aren't talking about the Raptors, stop changing the subject. The Raptors are shit, I get it, good one. You are so creative.

The fact is, Players in their prime don't flock to LA, and never have. This is regardless of sport.

You will not get Dwight Howard. He and his agent both know you will have to trade away valuable pieces for that to happen. He will be constantly compared to Shaq, and when Kobe is old and worthless (sooner then later), it will be all on Dwight to lead an entire team, just like with the Magic. Phill Jackson won't be there to bail him out, and the new CBA is going to make it so you can't make lop-sided trades and pay them truck loads of money due to Bird Rights. The Lakers also have no good, young talent.

It isn't happening. I already made my bet on it.

The M.O.B

Lakers need a PG:

*Suns - Herp yeh we'll sign n trade you steve nash. yeh no problem mitch appreciate those worthless draft picks

Lakers "need" a C:

*Magic - Derp yeh we'll trade you Dwight he's only the top Center in the game. what's that? nah we don't want paussy gasol i mean hes alright but nah yall just hold on to him we're good over here. oh did you mention bynum? i guess he could be a nice replacement but nah man we don't need em try cleveland tho. appreciate the offer tho mitch

Lakers need a bench
*crickets*

Jonm1010

Banned
The Magic are so stupid. They could have had Brook Lopez and they settle for even less.

They could of had Bynum!

This is literally such a bad trade I feel like it will be near or at the top of some ESPN show in five years time when the magic are still garbage and hennigan has finally been fired after making the 2011 bobcats look like an allstar team compared to his eventual roster.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AlexKennedyNBA
The Orlando Magic will receive AT LEAST three first-round picks. Source says they may get a fourth pick as well.

DEAL SAVED.

squicken

He may have been willing to offer that ridiculous deal before Dwight confirmed his choice for LA but I doubt it. He probably offered something along those lines but not nearly close enough to gut the team like that. But in all honesty Orlando should've just taken that or hell Bynum straight up over what they got.

It actually makes sense to not take Bynum. He's too good to help you tank, but not good enough to help you contend. If Orlando was coing out of this with some good picks and cap relief it would be one thing. But they are actually adding salary and getting worthless picks. It literally would have been better to tell Dwight to go vacation for a year, not play him, and let him walk.

It's really the dumbest thing I've ever seen a sport executive do. I mean some stuff turned out to be awful. Babe Ruth. Jeff Bagwell. But those took a few years to discover how awful they were. Literally the moment it was rumored, hours before it was official, this trade is a historic crap the bed move

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
" @Probasketballdraft
Spoke to a Magic executive who gave a big sigh of relief when asked about the trade of Dwight Howard. Says Magic liked the package of picks, prospect, and players. Shedding bad salaries was part of the objective in the deal."

LMAO wut

Shit franchise all around.

" @Probasketballdraft
Spoke to a Magic executive who gave a big sigh of relief when asked about the trade of Dwight Howard. Says Magic liked the package of picks, prospect, and players. Shedding bad salaries was part of the objective in the deal.
"
LMAO wut

GOD YES. This is glorious.

Also

shaquille-oneal-lakers.jpg

Part I

*SAVED SPACE FOR PART II*

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Another classic fucking swindle fuck the Lakers get this goddamn tag off of me Ace this motherfuckers keep pussy gasol and all the lakers gave up was that dumbfuck bynum?

rigged ass league man I am not buying Laker flags fuck them fuck you kado fuck you cb fuck you nelo fuck you cloving fuck you supreme fuck you azn fuck you fmt fuck you force

fuck everyone this league is BS

got ya covered

KingGondo

Banned
Earl Clark -AND- Chris Duhon.

Lakers are gonna be juggernauts.
Yep.

While I agree that the Lakers are much-improved with Nash and Dwight, they have a razor-thin margin of error. Absolutely no bench, so if one of the main guys gets hurt they're fucked.

OKC and SA are much more complete teams, but either could lose to the Lakers in a series now if the breaks go LA's way.

Playoffs are gonna be epic, no doubt.

jman2050

" @Probasketballdraft
Spoke to a Magic executive who gave a big sigh of relief when asked about the trade of Dwight Howard. Says Magic liked the package of picks, prospect, and players. Shedding bad salaries was part of the objective in the deal."

LMAO wut

iMOeV9pOB9k8h.gif

Another classic fucking swindle fuck the Lakers get this goddamn tag off of me Ace this motherfuckers keep pussy gasol and all the lakers gave up was that dumbfuck bynum?

rigged ass league man I am not buying Laker flags fuck them fuck you kado fuck you cb fuck you nelo fuck you cloving fuck you supreme fuck you azn fuck you fmt fuck you force

fuck everyone this league is BS

got ya covered

1091331_o.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
" @Probasketballdraft

LMAO wut

coach4scp8.gif

thekad

Banned
" @Probasketballdraft

Hedo $9mil/2yrs
Afflalo $8mil/4yrs
Harrington $7mil/3yrs
Big Baby $6.5mil/3yrs
Nelson $8mil/3yrs

In 2015, they'll have 4 scrubs taking up half their cap room.

Pimpwerx

No point getting mad at the Lakers. They're stealing Dwight for Bynum and a pick...and the contracts they take back aren't even that bad. OTOH, Orlando seems like the only team getting shafted in the trade. How does that work? Not even Otis Smith would sign off on this shit. LOL! If it's true, congrats to the Lakers. If your team's GM could pull that off, you'd be happy too. That shit just sounds crazy though. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom