• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
It actually makes sense to not take Bynum. He's too good to help you tank, but not good enough to help you contend. If Orlando was coing out of this with some good picks and cap relief it would be one thing. But they are actually adding salary and getting worthless picks. It literally would have been better to tell Dwight to go vacation for a year, not play him, and let him walk.

It's really the dumbest thing I've ever seen a sport executive do. I mean some stuff turned out to be awful. Babe Ruth. Jeff Bagwell. But those took a few years to discover how awful they were. Literally the moment it was rumored, hours before it was official, this trade is a historic crap the bed move

Bynum trade only makes sense if Hennigan wanted the 2nd best player in the deal but yeah with what he got fucking :lol. But I ain't even mad!

Unless you're the Lakers org
iYKDKnNLQeKZj.gif

Why did Orlando do this? Straight up Dwight for Bynum trade would have been better for them.

In all honesty I wouldn't want to have Bynum either. Max Contract Bynum is not intriguing at all. He'll put up numbers and that's it. He's Next Gen Elden Campbell. Even if Dwight does go crazy and walk as a free agent next year, I'll still consider this trade a win because it prevents the front office from giving Bynum a max deal.

The Magic's hands were really tied. They wanted picks and young players, but the only teams that could offer that were teams that Dwight scared off by not resigning with. Houston was the only other team on the table, but we don't really know what they offered. Everyone assumes they were ready to give up all their great young players and picks, but for all we know Morey was being stingy and stalling negotiations.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
what you mean wait?

Like any of the Laker fans made the Magic take the Lakers package over the Rockets??

You can't just say fuck you to everybody because of a trade

in his defense i dont think anyone took that personally

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
In all honesty I wouldn't want to have Bynum either. Max Contract Bynum is not intriguing at all. He'll put up numbers and that's it. He's Next Gen Elden Campbell. Even if Dwight does go crazy and walk as a free agent next year, I'll still consider this trade a win because it prevents the front office from giving Bynum a max deal.

The Magic's hands were really tied. They wanted picks and young players, but the only teams that could offer that were teams that Dwight scared off by not resigning with. Houston was the only other team on the table, but we don't really know what they offered. Everyone assumes they were ready to give up all their great young players and picks, but for all we know Morey was being stingy and stalling negotiations.

their hands weren't tied, because the rockets offered them exactly that... maybe not the world but picks and young talented 4s.. better than Affalo

Nelo Ice

Banned
their hands weren't tied, because the rockets offered them exactly that... maybe not the world but picks and young talented 4s.. better than Affalo

It's why we were all wondering why the took so damn long to finally trade him. Hennigan got greedy and wanted equal value for Dwight and it backfired so so badly.

lol

I think we all have wanted Frankman to take a warm glass every now and then :p
I wish you did when Mets nabbed Carlos Beltran back in the day. All the whining and bitching you and Mashing did ... that he betrayed Houston after Astros basically told him " you sit tight while we resign two roided pitchers". Geez.

Branduil

Any time you can help the Lakers win a title you've gotta do it... it's happened so many times at this point that it's hard to argue with conspiracy theorists. The NBA, as a whole, wants the Lakers to win. I think I'm just going to take up wrestling, at least the fixes there aren't always predictable.

Blackace

Yeah, heck I've seen worse meltdowns in the other Sports-GAF over bad deals.
I have seen worse here but that was a different time..
As OT's Jimmer Fredette (the voice of truth, loyalty, and honor in NBA-GAF) I will prepare a strongly-worded letter...

next week.
I will bring it out next you are banned and need a voice to lift it

Jimrpg

i don't get these trades to help a team 'tank'

i mean say orlando tanks and gets the next two no. 1 picks - there's a good chance they'll leave just like dwight, lebron, carmelo, or whoever the player is....

its like the teams would rather sell on hope rather than have a player who can't deliver a championship

Yeah but we don't know exactly what was being offered. And we also don't' know if Morey was getting cold feet about Dwight not signing an extension. Houston had all the pieces to make the move so that tells me something was going on behind the scenes that we don't' know about that caused that deal to never take off.

Blackace

Yeah but we don't know exactly what was being offered. And we also don't' know if Morey was getting cold feet about Dwight not signing an extension. Houston had all the pieces to make the move so that tells me something was going on behind the scenes that we don't' know about that caused that deal to never take off.

the agent saying that D12 would certainly walk from the Rockets didn't help..

Brooklyn loses again

Jimrpg

Any time you can help the Lakers win a title you've gotta do it... it's happened so many times at this point that it's hard to argue with conspiracy theorists. The NBA, as a whole, wants the Lakers to win. I think I'm just going to take up wrestling, at least the fixes there aren't always predictable.

this is what gets media time

imagine if chris paul went to the lakers... for pau

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers need a PG:

*Suns - Herp yeh we'll sign n trade you steve nash. yeh no problem mitch appreciate those worthless draft picks

Lakers "need" a C:

*Magic - Derp yeh we'll trade you Dwight he's only the top Center in the game. what's that? nah we don't want paussy gasol i mean hes alright but nah yall just hold on to him we're good over here. oh did you mention bynum? i guess he could be a nice replacement but nah man we don't need em try cleveland tho. appreciate the offer tho mitch

a91857e500d585fe7c585fa160849c62_large

KingGondo

Banned

True. It looks bad from the outside, but Dwight really did fuck them over hugely with the way he handled this.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Anything the Rockets offered had to be better than this. All they have wanted was a superstar. They tried to get him last year. I'm sure Howard's agent played a huge role in kicking Houston to the curb.

Rockets had to have been truly scared off near the end of this for this to go down the way it did, cause it makes no sense at all. Howard walking from the Rockets must have been a given even with money involved.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I wish you did when Mets nabbed Carlos Beltran back in the day. All the whining and bitching you and Mashing did ... that he betrayed Houston after Astros basically told him " you sit tight while we resign two roided pitchers". Geez.

Never heard of this Astros team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom