• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
So, everybody pick their sides.

Heat
Lakers

You must choose and choose wisely

knight.gif

heat. fuck dwight

hope you guys go 0-82

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
And you all talked mad shit when i posted that tweet from incarcerated bob this afternoon. Fuck every last one of you!

Pimpwerx

they barely escaped being down 3-1 to a then tired with no offense consistency Lakers team last season, I don't see how you say they'll beat us.

You lost in 5. I don't know what part of that is almost going down 3-1, but whatever. Dwight isn't really an improvement over Bynum offensively, and certainly not in late-game situations where he'll just get hacked. Nash is the big difference offensively. Dwight is a big difference defensively.

However, OKC doesn't need to beat you guys in the paint, they killed you from the perimeter. With Nash, that advantage only becomes greater. They also have the kind of guys that can get Dwight in foul trouble quickly.

OKC's 3 best players are still looking at mismatches on the perimeter against LA. Do you think Dwight brings some new dimension offensively that Bynum didn't? Does a Dwight-Pau frontcourt have any greater advantage against a Perk-Ibaka frontcourt than Bynum-Pau? The problem was getting them the ball and keeping Kobe from stinking up the show. That's on Nash's shoulders, not Dwight's.

In a game of matchups, there's still the looming problem of how do you stop OKC's Big3. The reason we beat them was because we excel at perimeter defense.

I've been giving Lakers props on this deal. That is an awesome trade, and they got better with it. However, I've said for a while now that they'll still matchup poorly with the Thunder. I don't care one way or another. Neither team matches up well with Miami. It's not like we didn't see Dwight more than anyone else in the league. If LA finds an answer for OKC, they'll still fall to the positionless Heat. We'll still have the best player on the floor, and the best pnr defense. No fucks to give down here. PEACE.

Lakers get Nash and Dwight for free in the same offseason...unreal.

This must be what fans of teams opposing the Yankees feel like all the time.

So much salt in the Olympics thread...funny how those same people were "ahahahaha"ing us last year during the World Cup Final.

Salty run backs are BEST runbacks.

Mxrz

I also think Bynum would have been an easier sell to the Magic fans next year than this shit.

Ticket-wise

I want to see Hennigan explain this one.

Unless Dwight's back is fucked up way more than anyone knows, he's going to look like a moron of the "Fire asap and bring back Otis ffs" variety.

This deal guarantees that the NBA is no longer a league that I'm interested in watching. The talent parity from team to team is incredibly lopsided. Barring a major injury, Lakers and Heat are a lock for the Finals. At least the regular season makes sense for the NFL.

giga

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

We're talking about a first round pick 5 years in the future from a WCF team that will go 1 or 2 in their conference. Let's not belittle its value.

Puddles

Banned
That would be too crazy! So you think you can just trade MWP for Durant or someone of that quality? No one in the league would want to make you that powerful anyways... actually they did pull off the DH trade, so who knows! LOL

Not even an elite player like Durant. I'm thinking someone like Raja Bell in his prime (though I guess he was technically a 2, but we could run sets with Kobe at the 3).

Someone like Novak would be perfect on this team.

numble

They had to lose Bynum, and more importantly, Lamar Odom, for Nash and Dwight to come.

Odom is a better PG than Nash anyway.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This deal guarantees that the NBA is no longer a league that I'm interested in watching. The talent parity from team to team is incredibly lopsided. Barring a major injury, Lakers and Heat are a lock for the Finals. At least the regular season makes sense for the NFL.

Hey I thought Dwight wasn't going to do shit for us :lol.

And Gasol is staying put. We went from potentially CP3/Kobe/Bynum to Nash/Kobe/Pau/Dwight. Somehow we always win :lol.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

they gave up some talent for D12.. it's just that it didn't go to the Magic

Hey I thought Dwight wasn't going to do shit for us :lol.

And Gasol is staying put. We went from potentially CP3/Kobe/Bynum to Nash/Kobe/Pau/Dwight. Somehow we always win :lol.

If they had to give up Bynum AND Gasol then he wouldn't have done shit. But Orlando's front office is incompetent. You've got Miami and the Lakers fielding all star teams.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just wait till David Stern wakes up in a few hours. He'll announce that the NBA has bought the Orlando Magic and that deal is dead for basketball reasons.

Nelo Ice

Banned
If they had to give up Bynum AND Gasol then he wouldn't have done shit. But Orlando's front office is incompetent. You've got Miami and the Lakers fielding all star teams.

Blame how incompetent the rest of the leagues management/ownership is. Orlando got Shaq and Dwight in successive decades and accomplished nothing.

Don't worry, ThisWreckage.

I know you're all salty and all but remember: The OKC Thunder are still the best team in the West, hands down.

Blame how incompetent the rest of the leagues management/ownership is. Orlando got Shaq and Dwight in successive decades and accomplished nothing.

That's exactly why I can't support the league anymore.

And ryutaro, don't gloat too much. Every streak of luck comes to an end and it could be as something as simple as a season ending injury to turn feast into famine.

JABEE

http://70sixers.blogspot.com/2012/08/iguodala-joins-dwight-howard-trade.html?m=1

The 76ers have been trying to pry one of the Lakers' big men away from L.A. for some time. Finally, that quest is on the verge of happening.
And they got the guy in the prime of his career.
Andrew Bynum, the massive man-child who pivoted his way to All-Star status last season with the Lakers, not only is several player physicals away from being a Sixer, a source said he will come complete with a massive long-term contract that will make sure the organization isn't at risk of seeing him walk away after one season.
According to multiple media reports and confirmed by someone close to the progressive proceedings of the last 24 hours, a massive four-team deal involving three time zones and four All-Star players will land the Sixers Bynum and Magic veteran Jason Richardson, while giving up Olympian Andre Iguodala, rookie Maurice Harkless, second-year center Nik Vucevic and at least one future first-round draft selection.
The trade's details were still being hammered out Thursday night, but reports said it will make disgruntled Orlando center Dwight Howard a Laker. Iguodala goes to the Nuggets, while Denver's Al Harrington and Arron Afflalo, the Sixers' Harkless and Vucevic, and at least three first-round picks head to Orlando.

Dennis Deitch, who is a Sixers Beat Writer for the Delaware County Times is saying that the Sixers are doing this deal knowing that Bynum will resign.

Edit:

Dennis Deitch said:
@Jim_Kaufman I've been told this trade absolutely required the Sixers checking with Bynum about accepting an extension.

https://twitter.com/DennisDeitch/statuses/233798781500530688

Pimpwerx

That's exactly why I can't support the league anymore.

And ryutaro, don't gloat too much. Every streak of luck comes to an end and it could be as something as simple as a season ending injury to turn feast into famine.

There was never real parity in the league to begin with. Don't 2 teams have like half the championships since the merger? I don't see how this trade could make anyone stop watching. The league is the same as it ever was, just with some team names changed. PEACE

There was never real parity in the league to begin with. Don't 2 teams have like half the championships since the merger? I don't see how this trade could make anyone stop watching. The league is the same as it ever was, just with some team names changed. PEACE

Laker fans are gonna show up in droves at American Airline Arena.

Boston,Miami,Detroit,Lakers, San Antonio, and Dallas have all won rings. I have no idea what you're talking about. The parity went from borderline to all star teams.

It's a corrupt league. Stern canceled a trade (I don't even like the Lakers, but that was bullshit). You've got officials betting on games. It goes on and on.

It's not a corrupt league, it's a symptom of a sport where one person has such a large effect. Same thing would happen in Baseball and Football if you could get one player and guarantee you'd be a contender for 5-10 years. Guys like Bron and Dwight are walking 50-60 win seasons. When they have that much impact, they are going to carry a lot more leverage.

Omega

Banned
Don't worry, ThisWreckage.

I know you're all salty and all but remember: The OKC Thunder are still the best team in the West, hands down.

hands down?

but everyone in this thread kept telling me how dwight is so good offensively. if he's as good as everyone says he is then who is going to guard him?

if he's the joke that I think he is, perkins will shit on his chest.

Blackace

Boston,Miami,Detroit,Lakers, San Antonio, and Dallas have all won rings. I have no idea what you're talking about. The parity went from borderline to all star teams.

Boston and the Lakers have like 35 rings between them

Nelo Ice

Banned
It's not a corrupt league, it's a symptom of a sport where one person has such a large effect. Same thing would happen in Baseball and Football if you could get one player and guarantee you'd be a contender for 5-10 years. Guys like Bron and Dwight are walking 50-60 win seasons. When they have that much impact, they are going to carry a lot more leverage.

Yeah Basketball is like the one sport where one superstar can automatically make you a contender and building a really good/solid team is almost never good enough. You pretty much need a superstar to win.

I don't see how anyone could look at Stern canceling a trade under bullshit reasons and watching the 2006 Finals without seeing some trace of corruption.

Blackace

hands down?

but everyone in this thread kept telling me how dwight is so good offensively. if he's as good as everyone says he is then who is going to guard him?

if he's the joke that I think he is, perkins will shit on his chest.

On what planet does Perkins do anything useful?

Yeah Basketball is like the one sport where one superstar can automatically make you a contender and building a really good/solid team is almost never good enough. You pretty much need a superstar to win.

That isn't my point. Look at how many all stars are on the Lakers/Heat. They have more all stars on those two teams than some divisions do. lol

The Lakers went to 9 Finals in a single decade in the 80s. Parity? Never existed in basketball. The only difference is back then the rules and CBA were different. People say "Oh the Lakers/Celtics built those teams it's different!" but they really didn't. Lakers got Magic and Worthy by fleecing other teams who were stupid enough to trade no. 1 draft picks. So many teams were stupidly trading away draft picks was so common back then and fucked over so many teams that the NBA had to put rules in place to stop them from themselves. The rich feeding off the incompetent is nothing new.

That isn't my point. Look at how many all stars are on the Lakers/Heat. They have more all stars on those two teams than some divisions do. lol

Look at how many all stars (and eventual Hall of Famers) the Lakers and Celtics of the 60s/70s/80s had. Is it a coincidence they hogged all the titles?

I don't see how anyone could look at Stern canceling a trade under bullshit reasons and watching the 2006 Finals without seeing some trace of corruption.

Leon Powe shot more FTs than the ENTIRE LAKERS TEAM in Game 2 of the 2008 Finals.

Were you outraged over that or is it ok since it's the Lakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom