• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that Stein is reporting that Dwight isn't signing an extension of any kind.

Interesting...

From what Smith said, it sounded like Dwight's pretty excited to start a new career here.

SAS on ESPN saying he spoke with Dwight an hour ago and that Dwight is "incredibly happy to be moving on to the Lakers".

Dwight said, LA is like his 2nd home and also said "I can assure you that I'm looking forward to being in Hollywood."

Dwightmare 2: Extension Boogaloo

Fantomex

Even if you're not a Lakers fan, you gotta give props to Mitch.

Ay yo Mitch,
ieUzuVmlsQ7Xx.gif

linsivvi

My question is how in the fuck do the salaries work out? surely dwight wasnt getting paid the same money as bynum. How do they have nash, kobe, gasol, and dwight?

You can make any trade as long as it's within 125% + $100K of the salary you ship out.

i thought golden state's team was average going into next season with all their recent trades but its actually not that bad when they line up against the lakers man for man

nash v curry - even
kobe v thompson - kobe
MWP v barnes/rush - MWP slightly
Pau v Lee - even
Dwight v Bogut - dwight but bogut will hold his own

and the bench im going to give to the warriors

kobev.gif

Hey Black MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-UM-BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, when do the Lakers get hit wit dat punitive tax?

Year after next?

After 2013-14 season ends they pay repeater tax for that season.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If Dwight went to Celtics he would be blitzing twitter like a madman, being all humble and shit, sourpuss fist bill simmons very well

Bill "Sourpuss" Simmons

Wow...just wow...

Just when we thought Mitch's voodoo witchcraft was waining, he shows he still has a talent for the dark arts.

Somewhere David Stern is curled up in a fetal position clutching his Hornet's throw-pillow.

Fjordson

:lol can't wait for 2K13 to come out. I accidentally overwrote my My Player save in 2K12 and don't feel like starting from scratch at this point.

Leon Powe shot more FTs than the ENTIRE LAKERS TEAM in Game 2 of the 2008 Finals.

Were you outraged over that or is it ok since it's the Lakers?

I just stated that I felt like one of the reasons why the league was corrupt is because Stern screwed the Lakers out of Chris Paul. I love how you chose to ignore that.

And this pretty much confirms Lebron is only getting his astricks championship. A team of Kobe, Nash, Pau, AND Howard will shit all over busted Wade, under appreciated Bosh, and complacent Bron.

The Lakers biggest challenge will just be keeping the HoF4 healthy. Just sit each one for a quarter of the season and they'll be golden for the playoffs.

Btw, in 2014 Lebron will demand a trade to the Lakers. You can book it... He can only win a championship if he has a 30-45 point handicap, which the Heat will no longer be able to provide him in a year or two.

And this pretty much confirms Lebron is only getting his astricks championship. A team of Kobe, Nash, Pau, AND Howard will shit all over busted Wade, under appreciated Bosh, and complacent Bron.

The Lakers biggest challenge will just be keeping the HoF4 healthy. Just sit each one for a quarter of the season and they'll be golden for the playoffs.

Btw, in 2014 Lebron will demand a trade to the Lakers. You can book it... He can only win a championship if he has a 30-45 point handicap, which the Heat will no longer be able to provide him in a year or two.

I disagree with you big time. The Lakers are going to struggle with backcourt defense and three point defense. Also, Mike Brown. The Lakers are also going to be a slow, old, plodding team. I could see Miami outrunning them every play. Miami will also play better team defense.

squicken

Other stuff aside. 76ers just turned Iggy into Bynum. Good grief.

Rob Hennigan for some reason decided to make 3 other teams much better, and his own much worse. Still can't figure out what he was doing. CBSSports article on it doesn't convince me, either.

What I find funny is media types going gaga over Denver's GM. He definitely made his team better, but to what end? Cap space he'll never use on a superstar and Iggy? And in the process he helped create a superteam he can never beat. He just said to the fans in Denver that they aren't after championships there. Perhaps it's refreshing candor since the Nuggets would never be a title team anyway

Emwitus

I disagree with you big time. The Lakers are going to struggle with backcourt defense and three point defense. Also, Mike Brown. The Lakers are also going to be a slow, old, plodding team. I could see Miami outrunning them every play. Miami will also play better team defense.

Unfortunately, i see this happening.

I disagree with you big time. The Lakers are going to struggle with backcourt defense and three point defense. Also, Mike Brown.

I agree with you on that. Mike Brown is still a huge liability. Unfortunately he won't get bounced unless the Lakers go on a 10 game losing streak or something. He's locked in.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i thought golden state's team was average going into next season with all their recent trades but its actually not that bad when they line up against the lakers man for man

nash v curry - even
kobe v thompson - kobe
MWP v barnes/rush - MWP slightly
Pau v Lee - even
Dwight v Bogut - dwight but bogut will hold his own

and the bench im going to give to the warriors

You can't actually believe this post.... Can you?

chizmiz

Banned
Why do people here and on Twitter wonder if Chandler or Gallo will play the 4? It's silly, it's going to be Faried with Chandler as the 6th man. I don't see the problem.

Fournier will not get any PT this year, that's for sure.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

lol

dabig2

Just heard the news...holy shit. I ain't even mad at you Soulplaya for jumping.

A year ago I would've been furious at this bullshit, but now I don't even care. LAL/MIA for the next several years. Whatever, not even going to front. It's the league the NBA wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom