• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Hey, we got our thread bac.....

wtf

iGgW1pdcD4UBS.png

go new york go new york go... :(

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Why do people here and on Twitter wonder if Chandler or Gallo will play the 4? It's silly, it's going to be Faried with Chandler as the 6th man. I don't see the problem.

Fournier will not get any PT this year, that's for sure.

Your right... Total disclosure here I forgot about Faried because he is 1 year beyond being a rookie but he is the starting 4. The nuggets have a squad.

Puddles

Banned
I can't stop thinking of how unstoppable Prime Raja Bell would make this team. Or Prime Bruce Bowen? Game fucking over.

EVERY SG/SF on the roster had better be shooting 3s in the gym right fucking now.

Kogepan

What. The deal is so laughable for Orlando. I'm 'still banking on Stern nixing it.

MInd bogglingly bad deal. How is Al Harrington and affalo and vucevic + 2nd round picks better than Brooks/humphries + four 1st round picks? Plus the Nets were gonna eat more bad contracts.

pilonv1

Stern is a better GM than Demps.

He's the one the slapped the taste of out Demps' mouth and made him sit the corner while grown folks organized a trade for Eric Gordon instead of Emodom.

Demps was able to dump Okafor and Arizas contracts, he's not all bad.

Puddles

Banned
When I first saw Vucevic, I misread it as Sasha Vujacic, which was incredibly hilarious for those few seconds. In fact, I really wish he had somehow made it into the deal instead.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I wouldn't even credit him with that. Ever since Stern/The League took over for basketball reasons, that ship has been running smoothly - and you know he ain't about that life. He's probably been tied to a chair somewhere in that empty ass arena to help boost attendance.

pilonv1

I wouldn't even credit him with that. Ever since Stern/The League took over for basketball reasons, that ship has been running smoothly - and you know he ain't about that life. He's probably been tied to a chair somewhere in that empty ass arena to help boost attendance.

I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's been a lame duck.

Then I remembered he drafted Austin Rivers.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's been a lame duck.

Then I remembered he drafted Austin Rivers.

He's a visionary. Anthony Davis could easily average 10 boards a game if Rivers shoots 30% on the season.

Puddles

Banned
Question.

Which team has a better chance of chipping?

CP3/2012 Kobe/Metta/Okafor/Bynum

or

Old Nash/2013 Kobe/Metta/Gasol/Dwight?

Assume CP3 stays healthy for the season, and assume a normal single year regression for Kobe and Pau.

chizmiz

Banned
Question.

or

Assume CP3 stays healthy for the season, and assume a normal single year regression for Kobe and Pau.

The second one obviously, the inside duo is disgusting. I want a refund on my 20 years of following the NBA. :(

Pkaz01

Question.

or

The difference between gasol/dwight vs okafor/bynum is way bigger than the difference between cp3 and nash. especially when you take into account how bad the center/pf positions are for the other contenders in the league like the heat and thunder.

The league is so corrupt.

Stern making it so teams can actually make shitty trades.

It's not fair man. He should take away GM's freedom of choice and make all the good moves for them.

He should basically own every team and basketball reason all bad trades, yo.

/jk.

In the end you just can't stop stupid.

The Lakers just seem to be on the good side of it....all de time.

I am just surprised that we didn't fuck up too.

I've never been about this life.

Puddles

Banned
Mitch is just a pretty damn good GM these days.

He was, at best, mediocre in the early 2000's, wasting all of our mid-level exceptions on horrible players and wasting cap space on garbage like Devean George. But he's really improved his craft tremendously since then.

If 2002 Mitch were as good as he is now, the Lakers might have 8-peated.

Seriously, how did the Magic benefit from this? Just cap relief?

they will attempt to out tank the bobcats.

You gotta try to do that because the Bobcats are tanking gods.

other tan tat i guess move on from the Dwightmare...and making other teams better..which helps tanking?

yeah.

I don't even.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

I don't subscribe to the theory that a GM should get credit for cleaning up his own mess. He still traded Collison for Ariza in the first place.

Like, David Kahn should not get credit for flipping Wes Johnson and the Memphis pick for some second round picks.

KingGondo

Banned
because they are.
They have absolutely no bench and will be leaning on Old Snake, crazy Metta, and a 39 year-old PG heavily for perimeter production. They also have nobody to run alongside Nash, so his numbers will be down from Phoenix.

One injury to any of their four main guys and not only are they not chipping, they probably lose in the second round again.

OKC and SA are still great teams, and both have mismatches they can leverage against the Lakers.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Real talk even the rockets package was significantly better for the Magic than this pile of shit.

How much under the table money got handed over here? It's the only logical explanation.

Can't wait for Kobe to freeze out nash/Dwight and sabotage the team.

They have absolutely no bench and will be leaning on Old Snake, crazy Metta, and a 39 year-old PG heavily for perimeter production. They also have nobody to run alongside Nash, so his numbers will be down from Phoenix.

One injury to any of their four main guys and not only are they not chipping, they probably lose in the second round again.

OKC and SA are still great teams, and both have mismatches they can leverage against the Lakers.
This all amounts to wishful thinking from my vantage point.

No one to run alongside Nash? I suppose the best running big man in the game along with arguably the best perimeter offensive player remaining in the league is too paltry for Nash to work with after being carried by Grant Hill and Channing Frye.

Also, outside of Harden, OKC does NOT have a better bench than the Lakers. Jamison is still a potent scorer, and Hill is only improving. Sprinkle in Blake and Ebanks, and presumably a Meeks-caliber SG free agent signing, and I'm not particularly sure that more than a handful of teams have better depth coming off the bench.

SamuraiX-

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Assuming Dwight re-signs, rough math for Lakers' guaranteed commitments for '13-'14, first year of super tax: $92M for six players.
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Based on $75M tax line, Lakers would owe $34.3M in tax for those six players at $92M alone. That's $126M for half a team.

YNOT?

Dragon

Banned

No one to run alongside Nash? I suppose the best running big man in the game along with arguably the best perimeter offensive player remaining in the league is too paltry for Nash to work with after being carried by Grant Hill and Channing Frye.

Kobe and his shooting percentage have gone down in the last four years. Best perimeter offensive player? WTF. The corpse of Paul Pierce outshot him last year on an old C's team. Perhaps you're referring to someone else.

KingGondo

Banned

Also, outside of Harden, OKC does NOT have a better bench than the Lakers. Jamison is still a potent scorer, and Hill is only improving. Sprinkle in Blake and Ebanks, and presumably a Meeks-caliber SG free agent signing, and I'm not particularly sure that more than a handful of teams have better depth coming off the bench.
When I say "run alongside," I mean literally that. If you think the Lakers are gonna have the pace of Nash's Phoenix teams, you're delusional. He also needs the ball in his hands to be most effective, and you're an idiot if you think Kobe is giving the ball up in crunch time.

Also, :lmao at touting Antawn Jamison as some kind of bench monster... and Kobe as the best perimeter offensive player in the league. Pretty sure that guy plays for OKC at the moment.

OKC still has Kobe Kryptonite (Kobenite?) in Sefolosha, KD isn't nearly as affected by MWP as he used to be, and they have no answer for Westbrook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom