• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Kobe Bryant: "The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I'm gone."

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Kobe Bryant: "I have spoken to Dwight Howard already and we are locked and loaded to bring back the title."

edit:full quote from Kobe
https://www.facebook.com/Kobe/posts/10151100857680419
Well, it looks like Superman has found a home. I wish nothing but the best for Big Bynum. I hope he follows what was a great season last year with an even better one next year. I know LA is excited about the deal and rightfully so. The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I'm gone. I have spoken to Dwight Howard already and we are locked and loaded to bring back the title. Wow, what a summer Jimmy and Mitch have had so far. Unreal! I'm focused on our semifinal game vs Argentina but I had to pause for a few to send you my thoughts, in case you were curious..

Pimpwerx

Really don't see the Rockets being that bad, they were a .500 team last year. I think they'll be around there this year as well.

Their best player is Asik.

edit:

Which Nash are you referring to? Are you talking about prime Nash, or the Nash that the Lakers just got?

OKC wins 3 of the 5 matchups on the floor, offensively and defensively. How that translates into a clear Lakers advantage is still yet to be explained. PEACE.

Are you arguing that Harden is better than Kobe or that Ibaka is better than Pau?

My sister is all pissed.

She's like we gave to too much yo.

I'm like the draft pick is going to be at worse a 15th pick..who cares?

Bu-but his knees are bad...

Yeah but if it doesn't pan out...we rebuild. With cap space.

Then why didn't we keep Lou...

wa...

It now makes sense.

KingGondo

Banned
Which Nash are you referring to? Are you talking about prime Nash, or the Nash that the Lakers just got?

OKC wins 3 of the 5 matchups on the floor, offensively and defensively. How that translates into a clear Lakers advantage is still yet to be explained. PEACE.
Because
douche.gif

Doomsayer

Mitch doing work!

I was at a bar when I heard the news. Though originally I had heard Gasol was going to be included.

Needless to say when I found out Gasol was still a Laker I bought beers for 15+ people.

It's like a dream!

Yes, we are still weak on perimeter D outside of MWP. However most of OKCs offense involves reckless driving to the rim where we have Dwight motherfucking Howard patrolling now.

Why? I am not expecting them to win it.

The real REAL prize of this whole situation has been the Lakers getting rid of Andrew Bynum. THAT is the real gift to LakersNation. That we were able to get Dwight in addition is just the cherry on top.

See I wasn't expecting them to win if they had kept Bynum, but Howard, as long as he's back to normal, has the potential to be the most dangerous player against the Heat team. Now he has a franchise PG to feed him easy baskets, and two other all stars in Pau and Kobe to play next to. I mean Howard alone made a team good enough to make the Finals if he played up to his standards, but now he is surrounded by some badass players.

The only thing that will hurt the Lakers would have to be injuries or them just not meshing well together, which I just don't see that happening with Nash. Their bench might not be great, but Jamison can score and Hill really showed a lot last year in the games he played.

Nash/Kobe/MWP/Pau/Dwight; I'm scared of that team.

charsace

My sister is all pissed.

She's like we gave to too much yo.

I'm like the draft pick is going to be at worse a 15th pick..who cares?

Bu-but his knees are bad...

Yeah but if it doesn't pan out...we rebuild. With cap space.

Then why didn't we keep Lou...

wa...

It now makes sense.
This is why you beat a sibling up at times.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

*sigh*

okay, lets compare guys who have different roles and entirely different situations that influence the game in completely different ways with per36 and act like that's the end of the discussion.

:|

When Ryan Anderson and Dwight Howard were on the bench last year, the Magic got outsourced by over nine points per 100 possessions which is similar to the margin of teams that go 15-67

Nelo Ice

Banned
Steve Aschburner ‏@AschNBA
Had to figure w/ new rev-sharing, Lakers would rather blow $ on payroll + taxes than let freeloaders leech directly onto brdcst dough.

Lol Mitch and Buss thought of everything.

Pimpwerx

edit:

Are you arguing that Harden is better than Kobe or that Ibaka is better than Pau?
Westbrook and Durant win their matchups. Like I said, and linked, this isn't prime Nash we're talking about.

As for Harden and Kobe, it depends on what Kobe shows up. Kobe this summer looks like he's done. You can't blame the lack of a PG, because he's playing with the best PG in the league, and still shooting like shit against players worse than Harden. There hasn't been any reason to think he's gonna discover some fountain of youth between now and the season, so I expect that poor play to continue and Harden to be the winner of that matchup. The notion that Kobe is capable of being a Top5 SG, much less a Top5 player in this league is become harder to swallow as time goes by. Allen Iverson could put up big numbers on bad play too. PEACE.

Well, it looks like Superman has found a home. I wish nothing but the best for Big Bynum. I hopehe followswhat was a great season lastyear with an even better one nextyear. I know LA is excited aboutthe deal and rightfully so. The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefullycarrythe franchise long after I'm gone. I havespoken to Dwight Howard already and weare locked and loaded to bring backthe title. Wow, whata summer Jimmy and Mitch have had so far. Unreal! I'm focused on our semifinal game vsArgentina but I had to pause for a few to send you my thoughts, in caseyou werecurious..
-Mamba

bionic77

I won't say that the Lakers are a lock to win, but this trade makes them competitive with OKC and MIA and with some luck I could see them beating them in a 7 game series. We had no shot last year with the team as presently constructed. Bynum is never going to amount to anything. Howard is a game changer for our team. I am still worried about whether Brown is smart enough to take advantage of this roster, but even if he doesn't this is the first time I thought the Lakers were championship material since Lamar left.

And Westbrook is an athletic beast but Nash is going to pick and roll everyone to death with Pau and Howard. That is going to be really tough to defend. Nash is also one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. Lakers still have some issues, but everyone does at this point. OKC was the one team that seemed like they didn't, but when Harden is not balling they look pretty ordinary.

Cipherr

Anyone know what time we are handily beating Argentina tonight? I dont want to miss that.

Teams with a handful of excellent top tier players. Most people seemed to hate the whole Lebron + Wade + Bosh thing, and I expect much hate will be directed at the Lakers for Nash + Kobe + Howard, but I don't give a single fuck. I love watching those games.

oh i'm enjoying this lol

Simmons :

Steve Nash, again "Hmmmmm … what should we do on this play? Should I run the high screen with Pau again? I could always just take a rest and dump it over to Kobe for a play. Or, I could beat my guy, try to draw Dwight’s guy over and throw him an alley-oop that he’ll catch as long as it’s within five feet of the rim. God, this is fun. Eff it, I think I’ll just shoot a 3 — if it doesn’t go in, Dwight will just get the rebound, anyway … "

Cloudy

Banned
As for Harden and Kobe, it depends on what Kobe shows up. Kobe this summer looks like he's done. You can't blame the lack of a PG, because he's playing with the best PG in the league, and still shooting like shit against players worse than Harden. There hasn't been any reason to think he's gonna discover some fountain of youth between now and the season, so I expect that poor play to continue and Harden to be the winner of that matchup. The notion that Kobe is capable of being a Top5 SG, much less a Top5 player in this league is become harder to swallow as time goes by. Allen Iverson could put up big numbers on bad play too. PEACE.

LMAO so a few bad games in London makes Harden better than Kobe? Delusional

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Dragic/Lowry, Scola, Budinger

turns into:

Lin, Asik, Donuts and other young promising players. I believe in Lin though, I really don't think this years team is all that much worse than last years. Maybe a drop off, but I don't see bottom 5 in the league bad.

When Ryan Anderson and Dwight Howard were on the bench last year, the Magic got outsourced by over nine points per 100 possessions which is similar to the margin of teams that go 15-67

Yep. Resigning Jameer to the same god damn money Ryan is making is proof enough that Hennigan has no clue what hes doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom