• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeBron had his own 1-hour ESPN special shitting on the city he grew up in and the team he played for his first 7 years in the league.
"Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4..."
"Iz gon b easy"
etc.

Dwight's just an oversensitive, self-entitled bitch. LeBron showed us his clown shoes on national television on multiple occasions during that summer 2010 debacle.

it was easy for him. last year they made it to the finals and fell short. this year they won and it is realistic to think they will win many more for years to come.

Godslay

Banned
People talked for years about the 76ers having a wing log-jam, but now their wing rotation is Turner-Wright-Young, isn't that the worst wing rotation in the NBA?

They went from being a likely lottery team to a likely playoff team.

Lottery team? LOL. Middle of the road, 1st or 2nd round playoff team. To... a middle of the road 1st or second round playoff team. I guess I'm the only one who is pessimistic about this trade. Sure the team is improved with AI, but you made a key competitor immensely better.

LeBron had his own 1-hour ESPN special shitting on the city he grew up in and the team he played for his first 7 years in the league.
"Iz gon b easy"
etc.

Dwight's just an oversensitive, self-entitled bitch. LeBron showed us his clown shoes on national television on multiple occasions during that summer 2010 debacle.

So two years of "should I stay or should I go," "yea, fire that coach.. uh oh, I love this coach. Stan, what they talking about? -hug-," and "waaaaaah, they blackmailed me.. can the players union save me???"

LeBron didn't shit on anything, he satisfied his contract and made a choice. Dwight said explicitly, "I don't want to play here."

Fun question. How many minutes did Joel get in the Finals?

2 minutes IIRC...in the Game5 massacre. That was the only non-Bosh center that played the entire series.

Kobe can't stay in front of a foreign guard, much less a healthy Wade. Metta has been a non-factor defending Lebron for ages. Who guards Ray? Who guards Bosh? Who guards Battier? Ask OKC how well you can defend that lineup with two bigs. Ibaka, for all his mobility, couldn't do anything about Battier shooting 3s. Bosh drew Perk out to the 3pt line as well, and when Perk didn't follow, made him pay. Unlike other teams, we can field 5 guys that can play both defense and offense.

We're not gonna throw a stiff into the rotation just to play into LA's hands. Why allow Dwight the option of camping in the lane? Rather, it will be LA that has to figure out how to defend out lineup of scorers, because we already used to put Bosh on Dwight in pressure situations. And if not him, we have Haslem who can still hit the midrange. Lebron can guard Pau as well, and since Metta is a bum, we're gonna be able to double Dwight more.

Here's a funny idea. It will actually be easier to guard Dwight on the Lakers than on the Magic, because you're not gonna get punished by 4 3pt shooters camping on the perimeter. Double-teams would routinely result in a hail of 3s, but now we'll be able to rotate better on defense. Miami still has the best team in the league, and a deep bench to boot. Anyone thinking LA are the favorites in the league hasn't been paying attention the last couple of years. PEACE.

None of this post accounts for the fact that Nash is a better pg than anyone on your roster and the 5 guys you mention have never had to guard all-stars at damn near every position. Part of the reason why Nash and Howard could be contained somewhat. Doubling Dwight isn't really an option when when he has three top guys to pass out to for penetration and dishes.

I'd expect the turnovers that you guys live off to decrease as well.

LBJ wins his matchup, and Wade/Kobe cancel each other out, that's not the problem. Pau/Bosh is another wash, but everyone else is at a disadvantage. You're not stopping Nash and Howard with Chalmers, Battier, Haslem, etc.

And Dwight won't be facing those pressure situations in the same way, because he'll have 3 people that can all get him the rock, or are a threat to score themselves. Bron's not guarding 4 people at once.

I'm not saying that we have no weaknesses, we do, but not being able to contain 4 great players at once is a problem for the entire league, including Miami and OKC.

benjipwns

Banned
"Iz gon b easy"
etc.

Dwight jerked around his franchise for two years, lying, pulling bullshit about specific teams.

LeBron's camp tried to monetize something that would have been 24/7 heartbreaking coverage anyway.

Triple U

Banned
"Iz gon b easy"
etc.

The decision was trife(even though he didn't grow up in CLE) but are you really just going to ignore the past season of bitchassedness from Dwight? The way you all constantly try to measure this shit up is baffling to me. Both dudes handled FA horribly. Point Blank.

Dwight jerked around his franchise for two years, lying, pulling bullshit about specific teams.

LeBron's camp tried to monetize something that would have been 24/7 heartbreaking coverage anyway.

No, no. You have to describe everything else.

There's not an NWO style entrance, nor "Not 1, 2, 7, 8" bullshit. The Decision + that + coming up small in the Finals and playoffs in general save for 1 occurance (prior to last year) is what led to the backlash.

Trying to monetize something wasn't the problem, it was everything else.

No revisionist history allowed, he was a dick, and hated for it until he came through on one of his promises.

The decision was trife(even though he didn't grow up in CLE) but are you really just going to ignore the past season of bitchassedness from Dwight? The way you all constantly try to measure this shit up is baffling to me. Both dudes handled FA horribly. Point Blank.

Both were handled badly, but one was much worse. There actually are degrees of bad.

SamuraiX-

The point is: the Magic actually got something in return for Dwight.

LeBron played Cleveland so hard to the point where all they were left with was a trade exception.

As much of a bitch as Dwight is, at least in the end he finally came out and said he wanted out, which gave Orlando the opportunity to shop him regardless of the shitty package they got in return. At least Dwight didn't give off some faux sense of loyalty in the end.

LeBron played Cleveland so hard to the point where all they were left with was a trade exception.

As much of a bitch as Dwight is, at least in the end he finally came out and said he wanted out, which gave Orlando the opportunity to shop him regardless of the shitty package they got in return. At least Dwight didn't give off some faux sense of loyalty in the end.

Wow.

benjipwns

Banned
No, no. You have to describe everything else.

There's not an NWO style entrance, nor "Not 1, 2, 7, 8" bullshit. The Decision + that + coming up small in the Finals and playoffs in general save for 1 occurance (prior to last year) is what led to the backlash.
The trade hasn't even happened yet...

I'd rather have a trade exception than Al Harrington.

giga

Avpo+

Let's go heat?

SamuraiX-

I'd rather have a trade exception than Al Harrington.

The bad contracts are the fault of the GM, nobody is excusing that.

But the slew of 1st and 2nd round picks they're getting are a lot better than a trade exception for a rebuilding team.

There are so many things hypocritical with SamuraiX I don't even know where to begin

It's okay, sweetheart. You guys just chipped. No need to pretend anymore. It all worked out in the end.

He was. But Bron showed unprecedented twatiness.

Wade is a bad influence.

Knux what do you think about acquiring Bynum?

don't know.

My Sixers fan side can only think of the potential Brand prt 2 part of Bynum.

But realistically this was by far the best i expected to get for Iggy.

The future 1st sucks a bit but who gives a shit about the 15th pick at worst.

A lot is up to Turner and Jrue.

Don't know if I'm about that part of this life. Turner is emo and Jrue...is special.

We will see. At least I'm not a magic fan.

thekad

Banned
they might be the favorites but that's just people being in the moment.

no one is stopping LeBron. not Kobe, not MWP, not Dwight. only chance the Miami Cavs lose is if Kobe finds the fountain of youth over in London.

I didn't know we were still pretending one player beat teams.

But maybe there is some sort of magic fountain of youth in Phoenix and Nash's play will fall off a cliff. Otherwise, if top 4/5 SG Kobe shows up there shouldn't be any question who the best team in the league is.

Forgive me because I don't track who the fuck posts what but the last time I checked I'm pretty sure I was reading all up in here "Wow Dwight has managed to become a bigger bitch than LeBron!"

how times have changed

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Forgive me because I don't track who the fuck posts what but the last time I checked I'm pretty sure I was reading all up in here "Wow Dwight has managed to become a bigger bitch than LeBron!"

how times have changed

That'll be the narrative once he leaves the Lakers. Until then, "Dwight is better than Shaq!" will be what you should expect from Lakers-age.

how times have changed

Like I said during the height of Dwight's flip flopping, dudes were caught up in the moment. No one was as big a dick head during their last moments with a franchise and first moments with a team than Bron. I doubt that lesson was lost on people either, we probably won't see stunts like those again.

benjipwns

Banned
We do need to realize that no one would have complained if LeBron had demanded a trade in the summer of 2008 and then blocked everything not to a specific team for a year and half.

It's just because he bolted as a free agent and left Cleveland with nothing.

Also playoff losses, unlike Dwight.

Omega

Banned

lol

nntM3.jpg

thekad

Banned
^lol

We do need to realize that no one would have complained if LeBron had demanded a trade in the summer of 2008 and then blocked everything not to a specific team for a year and half.

It's just because he bolted as a free agent and left Cleveland with nothing.

Stop trying to reason with people over Lebron. It's fruitless.

You guys can seriously bring LeBron into every damn discussion, lol.

LeBron admitted that what he did was fucked up and that he would do it differently.

People make mistakes. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom