• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple U

Banned
Bron didn't even talk to The Cavs about his contract and blindsided them by letting them know what was up on espn with everyone else. Said he'd win 7 rings, said it would be easy and then shocked that people thought he was clown shoes. Dwight flip flopped and signed an extension like a fool no doubt, but Bron's bitchassness knows no equal.

Oh please. We can play this game where we post a few things the one guy did while posting everything that the other did to try and prove whatever point you're trying to get across but all it does is goes in circles.

We get it. You don't like Lebron more than you don't like Howard. Just call it what it is and quit BSing.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Didn't we give the Heat our pick? We are Knick-ing it up.

Ricky gonna be back by the start of the season?

Hell be back in late November, followed by 5 months of "what happened to Ricky? He sucks now!" because people forget acls take about a year to completely heal and then hell be fine after that.

They got none of the above.

Hey man. Moe is like 17. Dude's not even legal is some states. And Vucevic is euro...they got that magic non aging shit going on. Plus think of all those mid-late 1st rounders? Role players out the yin-yang,son. Can't top that.

Kahn said recently that he should be ready for camp.

Sweet. Yall were fun to watch last year...
and with Smiley and Supercool gone maybe yall can make some noise.

benjipwns

Banned
Hey man. Moe is like 17. Dude's not even legal is some states. And Vucevic is euro...they got that magic non aging shit going on. Plus think of all those mid-late 1st rounders? Role players out the yin-yang,son. Can't top that.
Plus they can package them all together and get a hall of fame center just like the Wizard!

Srsly

Banned
lol @ Laker fanboys immediately (as soon as he's on their team) defending Dwight's complete asshole behavior over the last two years and acting like it was somehow better than what LeBron did. What a joke.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I like how the picks Orlando gets are like 10 years away. Sixers pick is protected. Denver pick is 2014. Lakers is 2017. Awesome haul.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Yea, but their GM didn't notice that.
It's a fleecing, but I give two shits if someone got jedi mind tricked in their first big deal.

Welcome to LA, Dwight.

And this is what happens when the league screws us out of CP3. They paid dearly for their basketball reasons.

Theres got to be something shady about this...why make this trade? Doesnt make a lick of sense and makes the Lakers amazing again.

Yeah, Im mad. But only because LA is giftwrapped trades like this whenever they start to falter. Complete bullshit. And no it's not because the Lakers FO is smart.

bjb

Banned
lol @ Laker fanboys immediately (as soon as he's on their team) defending Dwight's complete asshole behavior over the last two years and acting like it was somehow better than what LeBron did. What a joke.

Yep Dwight is a selfish egomaniac. He'll fit right in with Kobe.

I just don't understand what the hell the Magic are doing. Amway is going to be a ghost town for years.

KingJ2002

I'm happy for Pau. What a whirlwind this guy has had to go through.

Never have, never will.

seriously.... now he can focus on just playing.

as far as the dwightmare is concerned... it was a complete mess but he didnt have an ESPN special or have a concert where he's dancing on stage promising 8+ rings.

thekad

Banned
Wait the Denver pick is in 2014?

2014 protected pick.
2015 protected pick.
2017 protected pick.
Vucevic.
Harkless.

That's the kind of haul you get for taking on Al Harrington's contract. It's like Dwight was a throw in.

benjipwns

Banned

2014 protected pick.
2015 protected pick.
2017 protected pick.
Vucevic.
Harkless.

That's the kind of haul you get for taking on Al Harrington's contract. It's like Dwight was a throw in.
Hey, if that Sixers pick rolls over they get TWO, that's right, TWO second round picks.

Alrix

I like how the picks Orlando gets are like 10 years away. Sixers pick is protected. Denver pick is 2014. Lakers is 2017. Awesome haul.

What were the picks Brooklyn and Houston were offering? They must have been higher quality picks than what they're getting out of this deal

Not sure why Rockets fans are salty. They've got a chance at getting Bynum as a free agent now and if they tank so hard they might get a nice pick this year as well.

A couple of months later and I'm still stunned about the Nash part of this whole thing though. Literally came out of nowhere. What people thought was a best case scenario that had to be stopped for "basketball reasons" in Cp3/Kobe/Dwight big 3 now looks awful in comparison to what the Lakers have now.

And this is what happens when the league screws us out of CP3. They paid dearly for their basketball reasons.

And this is the great part.

CP3 for Pau and Bynum? No, Fuck off.

Nash + Howard for Bynum + future picks + McRoberts? Yea, sure, here.

Mitch doing work.

Not sure why Rockets fans are salty. They've got a chance at getting Bynum as a free agent now and if they tank so hard they might get a nice pick this year as well.

A couple of months later and I'm still stunned about the Nash part of this whole thing though. Literally came out of nowhere. What people thought was a best case scenario that had to be stopped for "basketball reasons" in Cp3/Kobe/Dwight big 3 now looks awful in comparison to what the Lakers have now.

Because they know, just like we did, that Bynum will look at the 0's at the bottom from all teams and pick the highest number.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

2014 protected pick.
2015 protected pick.
2017 protected pick.
Vucevic.
Harkless.

lmao

is this the worst trade of the decade?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Theres got to be something shady about this...why make this trade? Doesnt make a lick of sense and makes the Lakers amazing again.

Yeah, Im mad. But only because LA is giftwrapped trades like this whenever they start to falter. Complete bullshit. And no it's not because the Lakers FO is smart.

Yep it's not because management once again took advantage of another team.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8254854/mailbag
WINNER: The Lakers Couldn't have played it any more perfectly these past six months: never biting on Orlando's "No, we need Gasol AND Bynum" power play, steadfastly refusing to assume Hedo Turkoglu's lousy contract in any Bynum deal, and pretending they weren't that interested in Howard (even though the league's third-best player was potentially falling into their laps). Once Howard's most likely suitor (Brooklyn) panicked about losing Deron Williams and guaranteed their non-Howard future, the Lakers responded by making their team a little more Howard-friendly with Steve Nash (one of a handful of NBA players that EVERYONE wants to play with), then hoped Howard's extended recovery stint in Los Angeles would nudge him toward saying, "Hey, you know what? Maybe playing in a celebrity-friendly, warm-weather market with Nash and Gasol would offset having to watch Kobe launch 23 shots a game for the next two years."

WINNER: Mitch Kupchak and the Buss family It's a franchise that keeps making big moves — or, NOT making big moves — at the right time over and over again. Picking Kobe over Shaq in 2004. Keeping Kobe in 2007 when just about everyone else would have panic-traded him. Stealing Gasol from Memphis in 2008. Making a 2011 deal for Chris Paul that, in retrospect, would have been a hijacking if it hadn't been vetoed. Not panicking after the CP3 trade fell through and keeping Bynum and Gasol over blowing things up. And now, waiting out this Howard saga until they got exactly the trade they wanted.

rv0Up.gif

Srsly

Banned
I'm happy for Pau. What a whirlwind this guy has had to go through.

Never have, never will.

Obviously my statement didn't apply to every Lakers fan. I would have a lot more respect for someone if they just said, "yeah, I know that superstar on my team is a complete egomaniac, but I don't really care as long as he is awesome on the court."

Nelo Ice

Banned
and when was the last time a superstar left LA?

I dunno Kado, Dallas has a pretty enticing ofer they have Dirk and those guys. It's possible Dwight walks away from an extra year and $25 million just look at Deron.

ah. i can only imagine the luxury tax the buss family is going to pay by next year.
ouch.

Buss thought of that too.
Steve Aschburner ‏@AschNBA
Had to figure w/ new rev-sharing, Lakers would rather blow $ on payroll + taxes than let freeloaders leech directly onto brdcst dough.

Omega

Banned
lmao

is this the worst trade of the decade?

i would say it's easily the worst trade ever.

they made themselves worse and they made every other team a lot better (even if it's just for this season, Sixers are still probably 2nd in the Atlantic)

they would have been better off just letting him walk.

linsivvi

Still isn't it likely that he will shop himself around?

Don't forget about the Bond villein in Brooklyn that will spend crazy money.

You can't shop yourself around when the Lakers can offer a max deal that other teams can't, and they will.

Same reason why Deron is a Net and Bynum will re-up with the 76ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom