• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple U

Banned
No, no. You have to describe everything else.

There's not an NWO style entrance, nor "Not 1, 2, 7, 8" bullshit. The Decision + that + coming up small in the Finals and playoffs in general save for 1 occurance (prior to last year) is what led to the backlash.

Trying to monetize something wasn't the problem, it was everything else.

No revisionist history allowed, he was a dick, and hated for it until he came through on one of his promises.

Both were handled badly, but one was much worse. There actually are degrees of bad.
Oh really? Lebron had some of the most dedicated and vocal haters on the planet, mostly in this thread before FA was even in question. For you to act like the decision is what the breaking point was for the backlash is lol. It would have came anyway albeit not to the degree it came then. I can speak from first-person perspective that alot of Ohio outside of CLE doesn't even really care anymore and still show the dude a fuckton of love whenever he shows his face.

There is a laundry list that I don't feel like posting of why Dwights bullshittery is just as bad if not worse. "Much worse" is nothing more than that good old NBA-gaf slant that I can't really stomach anymore.

The point is: the Magic actually got something in return for Dwight.

LeBron played Cleveland so hard to the point where all they were left with was a trade exception.

As much of a bitch as Dwight is, at least in the end he finally came out and said he wanted out, which gave Orlando the opportunity to shop him regardless of the shitty package they got in return. At least Dwight didn't give off some faux sense of loyalty in the end.
lol

thekad

Banned
@johnhollinger
Memo to Magic: $30M in 2014 cap room might impress us if you didn't also have $30M before the trade.

When Vucevic puts up a JJ Hickson double double for the first half of the season, will people (Lakers fans, really) start pretending the Magic got a good deal?

linsivvi

You haven't said it yet, but there will be a contingent of Lakers-age that will make those arguments 6 months from now.

The LLLs don't count. Come on you know very well that the old regulars here are sane enough to not think that.

Edit: AK with 4 fouls. The Russians are fucked.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The LLLs don't count. Come on you know very well that the old regulars here are sane enough to not think that.

The same motherfuckers that argued Shaq shouldn't have his number retired at Staples? The regulars are the Triple Ls son!

benjipwns

Banned
When Vucevic puts up a JJ Hickson double double for the first half of the season, will people (Lakers fans, really) start pretending the Magic got a good deal?
But they got SOMETHING! Isn't that what really matters? What if they had gotten NOTHING?

Like I said during the height of Dwight's flip flopping, dudes were caught up in the moment. No one was as big a dick head during their last moments with a franchise and first moments with a team than Bron. I doubt that lesson was lost on people either, we probably won't see stunts like those again.

LeBron's teams remained in title contention thru the end of his contract and he made one single statement that whole season: I am not discussing my contract till the offseason. He then became a free agent and chose a team. I highly doubt his TV show and mini parade offended you that much.

Dwight has basically given us a new headline every week for 1 1/2 years. Again, I don't care about what Dwight did and I have no opinion, but seeing you post "LBJ was the bigger bitch!" is ridiculous

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Congrats to the Lakers! Should be an incredibly fun team to watch, if nothing else :)

Oh really? Lebron had some of the most dedicated and vocal haters on the planet, mostly in this thread before FA was even in question. For you to act like the decision is what the breaking point was for the backlash is lol. It would have came anyway albeit not to the degree it came then. I can speak from first-person perspective that alot of Ohio outside of CLE doesn't even really care anymore and still show the dude a fuckton of love whenever he shows his face.

There is a laundry list that I don't feel like posting of why Dwights bullshittery is just as bad if not worse. "Much worse" is nothing more than that good old NBA-gaf slant that I can't really stomach anymore.

lol

Then why bother posting?

Also, let me know when D12's decision special is airing, I seem to have missed the update for it.

Dwight isn't as good as Shaq ... who the hell thinks that? Your basketball fan card should be stripped if you claim such things.

He has potential, but I don't see him learning to shoot freethrows, getting a 10-12 foot jumper and with improving his footwork around the rim.

Dwight is who he is ... which is still great for us.

And its official. Dwight is a Laker.

toBas.gif

cheeringybu2o.gif

LeBron's teams remained in title contention thru the end of his contract and he made one single statement that whole season: I am not discussing my contract till the offseason. He then became a free agent and chose a team. I highly doubt his TV show and mini parade offended you that much.

Dwight has basically given us a new headline every week for 1 1/2 years. Again, I don't care about what Dwight did and I have no opinion, but seeing you post "LBJ was the bigger bitch!" is ridiculous

Bron didn't even talk to The Cavs about his contract and blindsided them by letting them know what was up on espn with everyone else. Said he'd win 7 rings, said it would be easy and then shocked that people thought he was clown shoes. Dwight flip flopped and signed an extension like a fool no doubt, but Bron's bitchassness knows no equal.

Nelo Ice

Banned
What? WHAT?!

Link.

O but they are :lol.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--l...rade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html

The Lakers will send All-Star center Andrew Bynum to the Philadelphia 76ers, who also will receive shooting guard Jason Richardson from the Orlando Magic. The Sixers will send guard Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets. The Magic will receive Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, rookie swingman Moe Harkless, forward Josh McRoberts, three protected first-round draft picks and a 2013 second-round pick from the Nuggets (by way of Golden State). In addition to Howard, the Lakers will also receive Earl Clark and Chris Duhon from the Magic.

benjipwns

Banned
What? WHAT?!

Link.
Hollinger last night:
The Magic also get two recent draft picks in the deal, Harkless and Vucevic, so they'll argue that they got five first-round picks for Howard. But they'll likely end up being five low-value firsts at the back end of the draft. In fact, they're guaranteed to be bad, since our Marc Stein reports that all three future ones are lottery protected. Of the other two, Vucevic is a solid backup center but nothing special, and I thought Harkless was a reach as a first-rounder.

Instead, the only lottery pick Orlando gets out of this is its own, after what figures to be a 19-win season in 2012-13 leaves the Magic with a top-five pick.

thekad

Banned
The Lakers and Philly picks are also in 2017 and 2015, respectively.

So Kobe will retire with at least the same amount of rings as Jordan :lol

Bron didn't even talk to The Cavs about his contract and blindsided them by letting them know what was up on espn with everyone else. Said he'd win 7 rings, said it would be easy and then shocked that people thought he was clown shoes. Dwight flip flopped and signed an extension like a fool no doubt, but Bron's bitchassness knows no equal.

LeBron met with the Cavs during free agency.

I just didn't know that a few words said was more offensive than holding a franchise hostage for 2 seasons while being a middling team

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You have to be shitting me.

(cont.) If the Magic don't get Philly's first by 2016, it becomes two second-round picks, as previously reported.

WHAT

People are acting like Orlando didn't shit. Lets be honest, they didn't want Bynum. They didn't want Iggy. They didn't want those guys because they want young players, draft picks, and contracts that will soon fall off the books.

That'll be the narrative once he leaves the Lakers. Until then, "Dwight is better than Shaq!" will be what you should expect from Lakers-age.

Darth%20Sidious.jpg

"Let the hate flow through you."

I know I'd be mad if I had no center.

The Lakers will send All-Star center Andrew Bynum to the Philadelphia 76ers, who also will receive shooting guard Jason Richardson from the Orlando Magic. The Sixers will send guard Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets. The Magic will receive Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, rookie swingman Moe Harkless, forward Josh McRoberts, three protected first-round draft picks and a 2013 second-round pick from the Nuggets (by way of Golden State). In addition to Howard, the Lakers will also receive Earl Clark and Chris Duhon from the Magic.

Protected picks. :lol

"Welcome to the club, Hennigan, did you bring your knee-pads?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom