• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Still isn't it likely that he will shop himself around?

Don't forget about the Bond villein in Brooklyn that will spend crazy money.

The Nets literally do not have the cap room to sign him unless he wants to play for peanuts. If Dwight wants max money elsewhere he'll have to take like $25 million and a year less to play for the Mavs or Hawks.

Nelo Ice

Banned
so who takes the credit more.
jim buss or mitch?
can't be a pussy answer like "it was a team effort"

0RbQ9.jpg

Hopefully this teaches teams to follow the Jazz template--surprise your star by trading him before the rumors can even start to maximize your haul.

The Nuggets were just lucky that they were dealing with Dolan.

Iggy is so classy. Dude know he's hyped to get away from Doug and Emo.

also Magic Press Conference will be streamed at 3:30.

get yo popcorn ready.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
HowardBeckNYT
Magic officially announce the Dwight trade. Holding press conf at 3:30 ET, which will be streamed live, for your viewing pleasure.

I will watch while I'm cutting myself.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Per Magic release, Denver sends Orlando a 2013 second and a 2014 first from either the Nuggets or Knicks.

NUMBER ONE PICK BABY.

Nelo Ice

Banned
You're going to have a tough time convincing me that they're this smart/good. The worst trades always happen with the Lakers. And they're never trades that make any sense. If any other team tried this bullshit they would be laughed off.

Right so it's because we are a big market team it's just automatic that we build a good team. The Bulls and Knicks have done amazing jobs thus far if that's the case. Fact is management and ownership know exactly who to target. They've been shown to be patient and make moves at exactly the right times. If it was so easy then why did the Celtics suck for a decade until they magically got KG and Ray to pair with Pierce?

Also just look at your Wolves. You could have a great team but your owner is too nice and lets idiots run the show. How did they not sign Kevin Love to that fifth year?! Fact is Lakers from the top down are run incredibly well and most NBA teams just do not give a fuck or their owners/GMs are as dumb as nuts. Not our fault that our management gets killshots every time.

You're going to have a tough time convincing me that they're this smart/good. The worst trades always happen with the Lakers. And they're never trades that make any sense. If any other team tried this bullshit they would be laughed off.
fine its not the mind of mitch that pulls off fantastic trades over the years.
its aliens. gotta be aliens then.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Iggy is so classy. Dude know he's hyped to get away from Doug and Emo.

also Magic Press Conference will be streamed at 3:30.

get yo popcorn ready.

If I was a Magic fan, I'd attend that Magic press conference and shit all over the stage and walk out.

Nelo Ice

Banned
No they'd be the Knicks.

Well that wouldn't make too much sense. The Knicks are a big market team. They're destined for greatness regardless of ownership and management!

Also it needs to be mentioned again. Orlando had Dwight and Shaq and accomplished nothing with them. It's really hard to get gifted 2 franchise Centers and drop the ball with them.

xnipx

HowardBeckNYT
Magic officially announce the Dwight trade. Holding press conf at 3:30 ET, which will be streamed live, for your viewing pleasure.

I will watch while I'm cutting myself.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Per Magic release, Denver sends Orlando a 2013 second and a 2014 first from either the Nuggets or Knicks.

NUMBER ONE PICK BABY.

That's the conditional pick. Whichever is lower(worse) will get sent to Orlando.

Nah, Kobe put the fear of god into Mitch back around 06 or so.

Remember the Mitch that signed Luke Walton to a 6 year deal?

Not really sure what the hell happened to him.

He was infused with the spirit of the Logo. It finally grew within him and has taken over his body. Just like it was during the baptism of Jesus in which he fully claimed his Messiahship, or Neo after his 'death', so to with Mitch.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Orlando Magic have finally parted ways with Dwight Howard. Per the team release, with comments from GM Rob Hennigan:

"MAGIC ACQUIRE SIX PLAYERS AND FIVE FUTURE DRAFT PICKS IN FOUR-TEAM, 12-PLAYER DEAL

Orlando sends Howard, Clark and Duhon to L.A. Lakers; J. Richardson to Philadelphia

Orlando, FL – The Orlando Magic have acquired six players and five future draft picks in a four-team, 12-player trade, General Manager Rob Hennigan announced today.

Orlando acquired guard Aaron Afflalo (ah-FLAH-low) and forward Al Harrington from Denver, forward Maurice Harkless and center Nikola Vucevic (KNEE-coal-uh VOOCH-uh-vitch) from Philadelphia, as well as forward Josh McRoberts and guard/forward Christian Eyenga (eye-EN-gah) from the Los Angeles Lakers.

In addition, the Magic have also acquired five additional draft picks over the next five years. Orlando receives: a second round pick from Denver in 2013, a first round pick from either Denver or New York in 2014, a conditional first round pick from Philadelphia and a conditional second round pick from the L.A. Lakers in 2015, and a conditional first round pick from the L.A. Lakers in 2017.

The Magic have traded center Dwight Howard, guard Chris Duhon and forward Earl Clark to the L.A. Lakers, while sending guard Jason Richardson to Philadelphia. As part of the deal, Philadelphia has acquired center Andrew Bynum, while Denver has acquired guard/forward Andre Iguodala.

“A primary goal for our basketball team is to achieve sustainability while maintaining a long-term vision. We feel this deal puts us in a position to begin building in that direction,” said Hennigan. “In addition to the six players joining our team, we will be in a position to maximize our salary cap flexibility in the near future, as well as utilize the multiple draft picks we have acquired going forward.”

“Dwight Howard accomplished tremendous success on and off the court during his eight years in Orlando,” said Hennigan. “We wish him, Chris (Duhon), Earl (Clark) and Jason (Richardson) all the best in the future.”

Fuk this clown organization.

Right so it's because we are a big market team it's just automatic that we build a good team. The Bulls and Knicks have done amazing jobs thus far if that's the case. Fact is management and ownership know exactly who to target. They've been shown to be patient and make moves at exactly the right times. If it was so easy then why did the Celtics suck for a decade until they magically got KG and Ray to pair with Pierce?

Also just look at your Wolves. You could have a great team but your owner is too nice and lets idiots run the show. How did they not sign Kevin Love to that fifth year?! Fact is Lakers from the top down are run incredibly well and most NBA teams just do not give a fuck or their owners/GMs are as dumb as nuts. Not our fault that our management gets killshots every time.
not worth my time...

too many Laker fans to debate with

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wonder what the Heat are gonna do to compete with us now, assuming we can get out of the West (no small feat). The Twin Towers are gonna hammer skinny ass Bosh.

Nelo Ice

Banned
not worth my time...

too many Laker fans to debate with

Stay salty my friend. Again Simmons one of the most bitter fans in defeat and one of the biggest Laker haters ever gave credit when credit is due.

Take it from a bitter 2012 Red Sox fan — just because you're a big-market team that can outspend everyone doesn't mean things can't get horribly screwed up. The Lakers nailed six franchise-altering moves over the past eight years, and that's not including last month's Nash trade, when they somehow convinced a Pacific Division rival that absolutely hates them to hand over their most iconic player for some meaningless picks and cap space. What an amazing run. You have to hand it to the Los Angeles Lakers.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Philly is a top five east team nuggets are now top five west team and lakers got leagues best center.

Orlando? A bunch of picks that were worse than what rockets or nets offered. Might as well contract the magic honestly.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Philly is a top five east team nuggets are now top five west team and lakers got leagues best center.

Orlando? A bunch of picks that were worse than what rockets or nets offered. Might as well contract the magic honestly.

Gerald Wallace landed a better haul than Dwight Howard.

dios mio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom