• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

Yeah he's had a big ass jaw since he was a kid

wade-kid.jpg

Kids have big heads in general. What you need to do is look at Wade while he was at Marquette and look at him now.

Waiters will be a ROTY candidate.

Beal is going to be a BEAST in this league. Although I thought MKG was the third best player in the draft, I thought Beal was the second. Wall is going to love playing with him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Waiters was a stud at the Cuse'. Came off the bench and had the best PER for any SG in the NCAA. Would have made the starter in any other team in the country.

Biggest steal in the draft at the 4...that is something.

How is the biggest reach in 5 years a steal?

http://tinyurl.com/77df3pr

Article is shit but the numbers don't lie.

He was the most productive SG in the NCAA last year and gets no respect.
... I'm a fucking Syracuse fan. I know how good Waiters can be and I've repeatedly posted it! That being said, I'm not going to shill for him unless someone's paying me to do it.

He might develop to be as good/slightly better than Beal. But you're going overboard out of sheer desperation.

Right. Why would a guy who has had some of the most serious injuries in the NBA take a hormone that will allow him to recover 10 times faster and is not tested for.

WHY WOULD HE.

If he was, he fooled the hell out of me. I can't remember one significant injury where he didn't miss a huge stretch.....

He went to Syracuse.
To be fair, he projects to be a good defender in the NBA.

DraftExpress.com said:
While Waiters has been somewhat of a mixed bag on the offensive end this season, the same cannot be said for his defensive performance, where he's been one of Syracuse's most effective and disruptive defenders this season, as chronicled in great depth by SI's Luke Winn.

Waiters is extremely aggressive on this end of the floor, extending Syracuse's zone well beyond the college three-point line, being constantly in motion, and frequently picking off balls in the passing lanes to fuel his own transition game. He does a great job jumping out to contest shots and shows very good hustle and focus overall. Waiters also does a good job using his strength to get over picks on pick-and-rolls, and works hard to stay in front of his man on the rare chance he sees a true isolation in Jim Boeheim's zone, but as always with Syracuse players, it's tough to get a perfect handle on this aspect of his game from a scouting perspective.

With that said, considering his physical attributes and aggressiveness, it's not difficult to see him being capable of guarding both guard positions in the NBA, which should give his team plenty of versatility to work with.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz20XUPpvyC
http://www.draftexpress.com

If he was, he fooled the hell out of me. I can't remember one significant injury where he didn't miss a huge stretch.....

The way he came back from that shoulder injury as a complete man beast and with a huge jaw hitting every 3 he took in the olympics was pretty frightening.

And Bron had growth removal from his jaw at the height of his powers in Cleveland.

And wasn't Bosh's named tied with a doctor who worked with Tiger Woods, who's game dropped off not because of mental issues but because of injury reasons...

Edit: Bosh lost all that muscle like immediately after that article came out also

That's what they said about Wes Johnson.

Cuse guys have no idea how to play defense.
Difference was I knew Wes would get eaten up. Wes didn't seem to have the mindset, even if you have WINGSPAN/quick/youthier you need the aggressive mindset to play D. Wes doesn't have that. Waiters does have it.

I'm not saying he's going to lock down fools, but he won't be a liability on D.

JoeFu

Banned
Cuban managing to salvage this offseason.

He covered so much damn ground on that block.

Yay. Crazy how much can happen in a week. The team is semi respectable now and should be more fun to watch than last year.

Just saw Brandi's post. Awesome. Only 2.1 mil? So Delonte will probably be 2-3 mil a year , that leaves 2 more million for use?

SUPREME1

Banned
The way he came back from that shoulder injury as a complete man beast and with a huge jaw hitting every 3 he took in the olympics was pretty frightening.

And Bron had growth removal from his jaw at the height of his powers in Cleveland.

And wasn't Bosh's named tied with a doctor who worked with Tiger Woods, who's game dropped off not because of mental issues but because of injury reasons...

Edit: Bosh lost all that muscle like immediately after that article came out also

It's the reason why 2 of them are not heading to the Olympics. Bosh with a muscle tear, from roids and Wade because he'd piss hot.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Minnesota has waived forward Martell Webster, league source tells Y! Sports.

I haven't been keeping up with the back and forth concerning the bitchmade frenchman. Did the Wolves end up picking up Batum?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Difference was I knew Wes would get eaten up. Wes didn't seem to have the mindset, even if you have WINGSPAN/quick/youthier you need the aggressive mindset to play D. Wes doesn't have that. Waiters does have it.

I'm not saying he's going to lock down fools, but he won't be a liability on D.

Waiters always reminded me of a bigger JET just nowhere near as good or even as consistent.

Walsh

Banned
He might develop to be as good/slightly better than Beal. But you're going overboard out of sheer desperation.

I may be going overboard but he has the potential to be an all time great. He has excellent court vision and decent shot selection, speed, size, the whole package.

Kidd-Gilchrist and Beals benefit from playing in a very top heavy conference, There was a big quality drop off after UK (which would have lost to Ohio State if they played in the NT), FLA and Vandy. Waiters played in arguably the toughest conference in the nation (Along with the Big Ten).

Also Hansbrough almost fell out of the lottery. Waiters rose on the NBA draft board as we approached the draft the more scouts watched his game.

He is arguably more NBA ready than any of the other Top 5 guys.

Waiters always reminded me of a bigger JET just nowhere near as good or even as consistent.
That's a very good comparison, although I think Dion is much more of a willing passer. The key to this dude is he needs to recognize who his teammates are and take advantage of them. He's going to have some good passers in that lineup (Kyrie, Varejao) and if he can learn to move w/o the ball he'll open up alot of opportunities for himself.
I may be going overboard but he has the potential to be an all time great.
stephen-a-smith-first-take-skip-bayless-3A.jpg

Wade missed a shit load of time after that. Like a good quarter of the season.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I haven't been keeping up with the back and forth concerning the bitchmade frenchman. Did the Wolves end up picking up Batum?

This is another in the line of moves they had to make to open up the cap space to straight up sign him. First was Darko, then this, next is dealing with Brad Miller.

This is why they've been trying to work a sign and trade this whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom