• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

Az6icf4CYAAQhx6.jpg

tralfazz

As a lifelong Magic fan and a longtime lurker, I just gotta say...

contract them...2nd rounders being protected is just............

I'm speechless....

I step away from the internet and gaf for a few days and all hell breaks loose. The Bobcats are no longer the worst team in the league, we have legit competition now. So without further adieu I welcome Orlando and Houston to tank city, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Where's the source on the protected SECOND ROUND PICKS!?! I cannot believe that. I refuse to.

Well from the press release.
http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/120810_howard_trade
The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired three-time Defensive Player of the Year Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic in a four-team trade, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. In addition to Howard, the Lakers will receive Chris Duhon and Earl Clark from the Magic while sending Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga and a future protected first round and 2015 protected second round draft pick to Orlando. Andrew Bynum will be sent to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Bynum Eyenga McRoberts and two protects picks for Howard? =/

Those protected picks =( We could have used those rookies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA
There are a lot of myths in what Orlando was actually offered for Howard by other teams.

The Nets deal would have had them paying Brook Lopez some $60 million... they would have been tied to an average player at best at a rate that meant they could do nothing going forward... plus a Kris Humphries would have been a multi-year deal too. The Magic would have gotten players in the deal, but they would have radically overpaid for them and been stuck with those guys for years to come. Neither fit the "Culture" Orlando is trying to build.

The Rockets offer was NEVER as good as reported... Houston had real concerns about giving away all of their young guys and taking back Magic luggage... they would have taken luggage but only if they kept the young guys... giving up the young guys meant no luggage coming back.

Howard's unwillingness to even engage the idea of Houston had them covering their bet.- they;d have done a deal, but never the kind of deal they were linked to.

This deal got Orlando absolutely everything they wanted... a couple of promising young guys... ending contracts... 5 draft picks and out of guys they wanted off the roster before camp started.

You may not like the return, but this deal was everything Orlando wanted.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Chris Haynes said:
Stu Jackson, EVP of NBA Basketball Operations, tells CSNNW league will not penalize #Blazers F Nicolas Batum for hit on Juan Carlos Navarro.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol

They lost Scola, Lowry, Dragic, Dalembert, Budinger, and Lee. They replaced them with Asik, Lin, and a bunch of rookies. They are going to suck hard this year.

I think he just means that Orlando is looking a 7 win season in the mouth. Shit, at least we had injuries lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
Lol...
Steve Kyler@stevekylerNBA
The Howard deal is paving the way for a few more transactions once the dust settles... Hearing that Lakers forward Devin Ebanks will sign his Qualifying Offer sheet and return to the Lakers... Hearing Lakers are likely going to land Jodie Meeks when the dust clears.

Mitch just shitting on every GM in the league.

Also hmmm y not?

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Next up for @Lakers is finding Kobe backup who is a proven vet scorer for minimum. Keep eye on Kenyon Martin as possible big addition, too.

lol

They lost Scola, Lowry, Dragic, Dalembert, Budinger, and Lee. They replaced them with Asik, Lin, and a bunch of rookies. They are going to suck hard this year.

We're gonna suprise some people.
Lin / Douglas / Machado
Martin / Lamb
Parsons / White / Morris
Patterson / Jones
Asik / Donuts

Add to that two lottery picks and 30 million in cap space next summer. Maybe Bynum doesn't work out in Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom