• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty

Banned
andrew bynum ladies and gentleman

Afro.jpg

It could go either way imo...

Biyombo looks to be the better player than either anyways. I still have trouble believing that a 19 year old can play some of the best defense at that position in the entire league.

Kyrie and Klay would've been wild though...

The Bobcats were kind of one of the worst defensive teams of all time.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The Twitterati Rumor is K.Mart is deciding between Lakers and Knicks and if he goes to the Lakers the Knicks are also looking at Lou Amundson.

In my mind that means K.Mart to the Lakers and Lou Amundson to the knicks.

I say this cause what is NBAGaf Offseason thread without player movement rumors to theorize about.

The Twitterati Rumor is K.Mart is deciding between Lakers and Knicks and if he goes to the Lakers the Knicks are also looking at Lou Amundson.

meh. Helps the depth up front but Kenyon didn't do much for me in his play with the Clips last season. I guess it's better than nothing.

How many more decent players off the bench do they need before they become the most stacked team ever?

Nelo Ice

Banned
meh. Helps the depth up front but Kenyon didn't do much for me in his play with the Clips last season. I guess it's better than nothing.

If Martin decides to come to LA I'm guessing this is would be our bench lineup. It would be a helluva an improvement over last year's trainwreck of a bench.

Blake/Meeks/Jamison/Martin/Hill

Poor Ebanks and anyone else would be just along for the ride.

Zeus Molecules

How many more decent players off the bench do they need before they become the most stacked team ever?

Well i think the K.Mart rumor might be him fishing for some more cash from a 3rd team. I haven't heard rumors either team was actively seeking him out. As for the Knicks Amundson makes sense cause he replaces jefferies but is younger (I think his game is like Jefferies I haven't seen him play often)

J2 Cool

Bulls fan checking in. Epic trade for the Lakers, very jealous. It's times like these it's tough to swallow that Boozer will be the biggest signing of the decade for the franchise. I'd wished secretly for a Howard to the Bulls deal for awhile, but as with every "big" move from the Bulls (TMac, Kobe, Wade/Bosh, Lebron, Carmelo), nothing substantive came from it. There was definitely a couple bar conversations the past year about Nash replacing Rose, or Howard teaming with him for the best young duo.

But to the Lakers go the spoils, or something like that. Mitch is fantastic, best GM in the league and is ballsy as shit. Has a kinship with the fans, where their cries are his thoughts. (Chicago does too = conservative) Only bad move I've seen him make was Mike Brown, which is still really puzzling.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Bobcats were kind of one of the worst defensive teams of all time.

I know its hard to imagine, but they would've been even worse.

Besides, people make it sound like we were trying. After DJ went down, all fucks were donated to charity.

K Mart's stats on the Clips last year:

22 minutes per game, .441% FG shooting (career low), 37% FT shooting (second lowest in career), 5.2 points (career low even if you consider per36)

Could be a decent cheerleader, but ....nah

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dave McMenamin @mcten
Lights out in Laker Land: After landing Dwight Howard, Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss started their well-deserved respective vacations today

Must be the best vacation ever and well deserved!

I know Jamison sucks now, but he would be way better than KMart off the bench. Unless you mean to put Jamison as a 3??

he can play the 3 and the 4. Don't forget if Dwight can't start the season it might be Jamison/Pau starting at the 4/5 to start the season.

Guess this means Sacre to the D-league waiting for someone to get injured. I kind of liked him in summer league but he wouldn't get any burn behind Dwight/Pau/Jamison/Martin/Hill anyway.

Martin is still a great defender even if his offense is terrible and the Lakers shouldn't be needing much more offense with Nash and Kobe on the team.

The bench struggled to score all of last year, playing Jamison or Martin at the 3 for long periods is a little frightening. The bench's D is seriously lacking but if he's willing to take the vet's min I guess it's worth a try.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This adds credence to K.Mart using both teams to convince someone to give him more than the Vet Min.

Anyhow I like that all Fucks given to Charity line. That should be the official Tank Motto.

I wonder how many times that's worked. We're used as leverage for like every single free agent possible. One of the first things agents must say is the Lakers are interested lol.

The bench struggled to score all of last year, playing Jamison or Martin at the 3 for long periods is a little frightening. The bench's D is seriously lacking but if he's willing to take the vet's min I guess it's worth a try.

Well we could probably afford to have 2/4 of the big 4 on the floor at all times, which would eliminate any potential scoring problems.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jamison might be the worst defender in the league.

At least Mullens will give you a block every now and then...

Zeus Molecules

I wonder how many times that's worked. We're used as leverage for like every single free agent possible. One of the first things agents must say is the Lakers are interested lol.

Yep the Knicks get used like that a lot too and yeah it works GM's are idiots who bid against themselves out of fear of being outbid by themselves.... Its the NBA way.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Yep the Knicks get used like that a lot too and yeah it works GM's are idiots who bid against themselves out of fear of being outbid by themselves.... Its the NBA way.
lol, It's like the oldest trick in the book and yeah it must work with all the hilarious contracts still being given out to players.

Rotating in Hill/Jamison/KMart for Pau would be nice, so Pau wouldn't be worn out, Mike Brown better not run him into the ground again.

Yeah there should be no reason Pau or any of the starters should be playing alot since we'll have the depth and I expect them to run wild so they won't need to be played much unless the bench gives us absolutely nothing. Can also probably just have KMart/Jamison cross match depending on the matchup to make up for Jamison having no defensive ability.

Redux

Banned

Jamison was practically the main scorer for the Cavaliers last year, creating shots where he shouldn't have. Defense wasn't on his radar.

You can of course bring up the playoff series vs Boston three years ago.

Flash

how long is dwight going to be out next season? Lakers might have some trouble later in the season if (when) they overplay Pau early on.

This is probably true, but he also averaged 17 ppg last season. Granted it was on a trash Cavs team, but remember the Lakers leading scorer off the bench last season was Matt Barnes with 7 points per game. MATT BARNES. SEVEN POINTS PER GAME. Jamison will do what he was brought in to do. Yeah he'll get burned on defense but that's why he only cost the minimum and why he will be coming off the bench. I love the signing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really don't see how Mitch is a genius. The guy just took advantage of a team whose future plans had been kidnapped by an egotistical and fame thirsty superstar who had already made it very clear where his only desired destination was.

The outcome for Orlando has been pretty pathetic, but I think they would have been big losers anyways on any trade scenario that could have been accepted by all the involved teams.

I know the magic aren't completely innocent, but it sucks seeing how one extremely selfish player can shit all over the franchise and their fans.

As for the lakers, they just made the best out of the situation and no one can't really blame them IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really don't see how Mitch is a genius. The guy just took advantage of a team whose future plans had been kidnapped by an egotistical and fame thirsty superstar who had already made it very clear where his only desired destination was.

The outcome for Orlando has been pretty pathetic, but I think they would have been big losers anyways on any trade scenario that could have been accepted by all the involved teams.

I know the magic aren't completely innocent, but it sucks seeing how one extremely selfish player can shit all over the franchise and their fans.

As for the lakers, they just made the best out of the situation and no one can't really blame them IMO.

the most genius thing he did was wait the Magic out. Didn' panic after the veto. Didn't panic and trade Bynum last season. Didn't panic when it looked like Dwight was brooklyn bound. Didn't panic and trade Pau AND Drew and take back a bunch of Orlando trash like Hedo.

pilonv1

Shved is coming over, they're both in trouble.

Amundson can play 20 mins without taking a shot and still play well. Not a good fit for the current Knicks

Because Mitch's trades usually work out pretty well. It's not the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom