• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how Pimp is ignoring the entire other side of the court.

Bosh and Ray guarding Dwight and Nash on the PnR, Rashard fucking Lewis on Pau!

You can switch Bron on anyone 1-4 and he'll probably only have trouble with Pau if anyone, but then you still have Bosh getting his skirt pulled up by dwight on the regular. He could very well get benched due to foul trouble every game. It'll be beautiful seeing Nash/Dwight PnRs getting Bosh benched early and seeing Haslem come in to try and stay with Dwight.

Oh I am totally with you there. I don't think I said this here but anyone who asked me what team I feared most, I said the Lakers had the most potential to really upset Miami (until game 6 in Boston that is)

See the thing is that I think Dwights addition is a little overblown. upgrade yeah but I feel the changes he will bring are not as big as the one Nash will provide. lakers just went from awful point guard play to one of the best shooters and playmakers in nba history. I am far more concerned about that than this size that was already there to begin with

I agree. I think the Dwight upgrade is overblown. it's a noticable upgrade, especially on PnR D, but it's nothing like the Nash upgrade.

I don't know why I'm even conversing with pimp when there's a rational Heat poster right here. Miami's weakness is inside play and that's LA's strength. That should concern a Heat fan. Lakers weakness is still PG defense, which is why OKC will continue to worry me.

And we really need to see how LAL will coexist. I have no idea who Miami will actually play against LAL, lineup wise. And there's so much to see like how much Ray and Shard have left.

I think LAL, OKC, and Miami are the 3 best teams and Miami walks to the Finals. But any of those teams can win it all.

Too be honest, Dallas demonstrated that team defense is more important than individual lockdown defenders if you want to stop Wade and Bron.

A shame that the Lakers have neither.

This serious? Lakers were great on D last year til they all got tired. MWP and Dwight with Pau's length on D and despite the cries here about Kobe, he still plays above average defense.

We're all forgetting that the Lakers have no one to guard Wade.

His scoring range most nights is 5 feet from the basket and closer and the Lakers should have pretty great interior defense. The biggest problem LA will have is that they'll have to go through OKC, SAS, and MIA to win the title which would be pretty insane.

I like how Pimp is ignoring the entire other side of the court.

Bosh and Ray guarding Dwight and Nash on the PnR, Rashard fucking Lewis on Pau!

You can switch Bron on anyone 1-4 and he'll probably only have trouble with Pau if anyone, but then you still have Bosh getting his skirt pulled up by dwight on the regular. He could very well get benched due to foul trouble every game. It'll be beautiful seeing Nash/Dwight PnRs getting Bosh benched early and seeing Haslem come in to try and stay with Dwight.

thats kind of what you have been doing for the last page and this post.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Too be honest, Dallas demonstrated that team defense is more important than individual lockdown defenders if you want to stop Wade and Bron.

Laker's defense wasn't bad at all last year...

But I don't even understand the talk about Wade since he looked like a complete puss in boots half the time. I hope Chalmers steps up and that Ray has a little left in the tank - but I'm almost immediately pissed off with Miami going into next year because I truly doubt that they'll ever look as good as they did in Game 5 against OKC. That is how good they can be if they play to their potential.

They've done it once in two years.

They cheat themselves with their style & bullshit gameplan/demeanor and its just a drag.

I agree. I think the Dwight upgrade is overblown. it's a noticable upgrade, especially on PnR D, but it's nothing like the Nash upgrade.

I don't know why I'm even conversing with pimp when there's a rational Heat poster right here. Miami's weakness is inside play and that's LA's strength. That should concern a Heat fan. Lakers weakness is still PG defense, which is why OKC will continue to worry me.

And we really need to see how LAL will coexist. I have no idea who Miami will actually play against LAL, lineup wise. And there's so much to see like how much Ray and Shard have left.

I think LAL, OKC, and Miami are the 3 best teams and Miami walks to the Finals. But any of those teams can win it all.

What I do know is that I will not have to worry about Chalmers bringing up the court against you guys cause the Lakers don't have any truly pesky PGs (Chalmers has CJ watson in his nightmares)

I think one way the Heat will try to negate size is to try a slash PnR game with lots of kickouts. hopefully that would bring fatigue to the older team. We also have great (they better be fucking great) 3 pt shooters which really does not have a defense on a team with wade and lbj slashing. dwight is a far better interior defender than bynum but I trust our stars to not just waltz in and get blocked. they are smart too, using pump fakes and stuff. and we have gotten dwight into foul trouble many times. but like i said we will see, anything happens in a seven game series

why are we still in the middle of the worst sports period of the year :(

as for tempo, I forgot to mention this earlier, but thats where Nash will have a huge impact. so I can't say that a faster or slower pace would help Miami but I do know that they have to use speed as an advantage and use those for runs

Laker's D was just about the definition of average last year if you go by year averages and as Mamba said, it started great and trailed off as the year went on.

With Dwight playing C, I expect them to be much improved defensively.

thekad

Banned
I knew Morey couldn't tank. He doesn't have the balls.

This serious? Lakers were great on D last year til they all got tired. MWP and Dwight with Pau's length on D and despite the cries here about Kobe, he still plays above average defense.

Nah, he's decidedly below average on defense. No longer has the foot speed to guard one-on-one and regularly gets lost off the ball.

DY_nasty

Also, I don't understand why some are trying to say that Dwight/Bynum aren't worlds apart.

Yes, Dwight is the best center in the league. Yes, Bynum is the second best center. The gap between them is monstrous though. Bynum's lazy ass only "plays defense" by being 7ft tall, kindasorta knowing what's going on around him, having the benefits of another 7 footer next to him, and - whether people want to talk about it or not - he plays very well within Mike Brown's underratedneverdiscussedfuckmikeclownlolz defense.

Except not. This started with me saying Dwight in the middle is a huge deterrent to Miami's drive game and a huge boon to LA's team defense all together.

You better be chipping in for my glasses too.

all you have been posting is lakers advantages and how miami has no answer for it. I will get you glasses since you can't read what you yourself type

What I really want to say is that I am terrified of La and hope that some other team has some fluky shit against them. trust me, i don't want any part of them

It's a shame us defending champs are getting such little respect though :(

I said Pimp was ignoring MIA having to play D and just saying how awesome their offense is/was.

I said he was ignoring an entire side of the cour and you said I was doing the same shit for a page....

all you have been posting is lakers advantages and how miami has no answer for it. I will get you glasses since you can't read what you yourself type

His argument was that Laker bigs couldn't guard Bosh on the perimeter. Bosh can work inside against Pau but getting by him won't be as desirable when Dwight is there as his safety net. And any team would love Bosh settling for 3s and long range twos.

And match ups with previous iteration of this Laker team are kind of moot. Dwight inside changes everything.

Pau can guard Bosh just fine.

OKC couldn't properly employee that strategy cause Ibaka is a shit man to man defender and Perk just sucks.

Dwight/Pau/JHill will kill you on the glass, they'll kill anyone on the glass. Perk and Ibaka are nowhere near a rebounding tandem as Dwight/Pau or even Dwight/Hill.

Again Pau can go with Bosh to the perimeter and Dwight can stick with whatever trash Mia sticks in the middle.

Bron and Wade are still streaky as fuck when they shoot Js. They might win a game or two chucking Js, but it has proven to be a weak offensive plan for them.

Chandler couldn't produce the same inside D as when he was with Dallas because Melo and Amare think getting blown by is part of the defensive strategy.

Sit down son, and order me my fucking glasses.

You put Dwight in the middle to prevent drives and you let them shoot Js. This has been known since the dawn of time, it's just hard to discourage them from driving with how weak Centers are nowadays. Chandler kept their drive game to a minimum, a task too hard for Perk and Ibaka.

It's not too complicated, teams just lack the personnel....which the Lakers have. Where are my glasses at bitch?

I was talking about LA being able to D up MIA, then I said LA's offense would be a nightmare for his hypothetical MIA lineup.

You're looking as foolish as Pimp right now Phee phee.

DY_nasty

I feel like some people underrate how much better Dwight is than Bynum on defense...

I think its just some people giving him the typical Staples/Garden Mystique upgrade... Bynum on his best day defensively doesn't even come close to an average night for Dwight.

jman2050

I'm not willing to give LAL the advantage in a Finals matchup because, ignoring everything else, the Heat have Lebron and the Lakers don't. Excepting unforeseen circumstances like injuries to key players, given what happened this past season I'm not betting against him until proven otherwise.

Also Bynum was never ever in Dwight's league in any single aspect of basketball excepting pure scoring.

I said Pimp was ignoring MIA having to play D and just saying how awesome their offense is/was.

I said he was ignoring an entire side of the cour and you said I was doing the same shit for a page....

I was talking about LA being able to D up MIA, then I said LA's offense would be a nightmare for his hypothetical MIA lineup.

You're looking as foolish as Pimp right now Phee phee.

you're accusing pimp of ignoring the other side of the court. I am telling you are doing the same thing. it is not that hard to comprehend

all you have talked about is A lakers "matchup" nightmare and in your posts....that is all you talk about. La advantages. you completely ignore all of the heat's advantages in your posts (kiss our ring). i would say that is ignoring the other side of the court

i mean shit re-read those. you are basically declaring this series over before it started

DY_nasty

I'm not willing to give LAL the advantage in a Finals matchup because, ignoring everything else, the Heat have Lebron and the Lakers don't. Excepting unforeseen circumstances like injuries to key players, given what happened this past season I'm not betting against him until proven otherwise.

Also Bynum was never ever in Dwight's league in any single aspect of basketball excepting pure scoring.

I wouldn't even give him that...

edit: and apparently ph33 ph33 is too high to read lol

You're talking like he rattled off consecutive chips and didn't get embarrassed by Dirk just two years ago.

i havent read a single damn thing pimp posted. i am talking about moris posts

tell me where i am wrong when i say you are going off on Lakers pro points and nothing else

you're accusing pimp of ignoring the other side of the court. I am telling you are doing the same thing. it is not that hard to comprehend

all you have talked about is A lakers "matchup" nightmare and in your posts....that is all you talk about. La advantages. you completely ignore all of the heat's advantages in your posts (kiss our ring). i would say that is ignoring the other side of the court

I talked about both offense and defense, I said Pimp was ignoring MIA having to play D, while I stated some advantages LA should have on O and on D. Accusing me of what I accused Pimp of is incorrect. You're wrong. Go run off to the mall with Pimp and get my fucking glasses. PEACE.

edit: You can say I wasn't listing all of MIA's advantages and of course there are a few. But that's not what I said Pimp was doing and in turn that's what you said I was doing.

I talked about both offense and defense, I said Pimp was ignoring MIA having to play D, while I stated some advantages LA should have on O and on D. Accusing me of what I accused Pimp of is incorrect. You're wrong. Go run off to the mall with Pimp and get my fucking glasses. PEACE.

edit: You can say I wasn't listing all of MIA's advantages and of course there are a few. But that's not what I said Pimp was doing and in turn that's what you said I was doing.

Fair enough, my fault for not reading what Pimp wrote. I'm still not getting you any fucking glasses though. Go burn lasers in your eye

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Chandler won't even be in New York by the time The Knicks could afford Love.

edit: I just realized that The Manhattan Knicks will be paying a 41 year old Marcus camby 4.1 million dollars in the 2014-2015 season. Wow.

And a 42 year old Jason Kidd 3 million in 2014-2015....good lord.

Chandler will likely stay a knick past 2015 just because where will they get an upgrade from now until then? He's a starter quality Big who averages a double double.

Also for all the mocking of the Kidd and Camby who should the knicks have got as a backup for that kind of money? Kidd and Camby were brought in to be backups complaining about them on the roster is the equivalent of someone complaining about old man Jamison is behind Pau.

If you don't think the knicks are moving those contracts as expiring contracts by then then you are forgetting the knicks motto "nobody retires a knick".

SUPREME1

Banned
How are the Heat stopping Nash from getting into the paint and dishing to Dwight and Pau for easy buckets? Nash has never had a game based on athleticism, but he can always get to whatever spot he wants. That's not gonna suddenly change. Lag off of him and leave him wide open? Lulz.

Who exactly is stopping Dwight or Pau (or even MWP) in the post? Heck, put Mamba in the post and let him go to work. LeBron is the only guy who you have to worry about as a defender as whoever he's on will essentially be neutralized. Everyone else will get abused in the post.

Defenders... Ray? Pfft. Wade? Aside form a strip here and there, not even worried about him. Kobe exposed him in the All-Star game, had him so frustrated, he resorted to thuggery. Shane, he's a poor man's MWP.

Either way it's gonna be an epic Finals. Not even gonna call a winner since I do respect the talent level of the Heat. But you're pretty foolish to dismiss this new look Lakers team.

If Barrea was able to hurt you guys, what will Nash do when he has Dwight, Pau and Kobe.

Also for all the mocking of the Kidd and Camby who should the knicks have got as a backup for that kind of money? Kidd and Camby were brought in to be backups complaining about them on the roster is the equivalent of someone complaining about old man Jamison is behind Pau.

yes nut Jamison is getting paid the vet minimum. kidd and camby are gonna combine for 7 million that year......as spot role players

enjoy, new york

Thing about MIA though, I know they got Ray, but did they make any other big improvements? LeBron is still the best player for sure, but man, maybe I'm old-fashioned with my takes, but I can't really pick against an anchor like Dwight when he's surrounded by a ton of talent. Specifically when the only good big MIA has is Bosh.

As a side note, I've seen a lot of posts here and other places questioning whether or not LAL will click right away or not, or will take a year or so to hit their peak, a la MIA...Imo, this team's parts fit together very well already. Basically, as long as Kobe dials it back a little bit and let's Nash run the offense most of the time, they're good. You don't really have a LeBron/Wade situation really where the pecking order wasn't set, at least I don't see it playing out that way.

But you're pretty foolish to dismiss this new look Lakers team.

Yeah, because SO many people have done that lately!

Thing about MIA though, I know they got Ray, but did they make any other big improvements?

I don't know how much of this deserves to be legit, but winning the title can improve the team itself. and now that lebron has some burden off maybe this makes him a little better too. we will see

I still think nash is a much bigger addition than dwight. and like samurai was hinting at, I could see a dwight kobe relationship being very frosty. dwight was a little hidden in orlando as weird as it sounds. now has the expectation of winning every night

Chandler will likely stay a knick past 2015 just because where will they get an upgrade from now until then? He's a starter quality Big who averages a double double.

The current state of bigs makes me think New York will either overpay him or let him walk, but he'll be 32 by then. Tough spot to be in.

Jamison is getting the vet minimum for 1 year, Camby and Kidd are getting PAID and for 3 years no less.

Also if you don't think the knicks are moving those contracts as expiring contracts by then then you are forgetting the knicks motto "nobody retires a knick".

lol true.

The Lakers will be very fun to watch next year. Their talent should be good enough to overcome their biggest weakness, coaching.

They will lose a few games in the playoffs due to Mike Brown. The big question is "will he cost them a series???"..

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
yes nut Jamison is getting paid the vet minimum. kidd and camby are gonna combine for 7 million that year......as spot role players

enjoy, new york

OH DEAR GOD NO $7 MILLION COMBINED ...

Thank the basketball gods that in reality its 3 million and 4 million dollar contracts and thus could be moved if needed. Also hey the knicks got Brewer for the Min too Jamison went to the lakers cause he wanted to play there other players want money.

LoL

also just to really put this argument into perspective. You know how many bad deals are out there for $7 or more for just one player? Thaddeus young gets 7 million for 12 pts 5 rebounds. Marvin Williams is 10 pts 5 rebounds and he gets 7 too. Camby and kidd combined are 10 pts 6 assist and 13 rebounds.

DY_nasty

I can't wait to see the Ramona/Kembarly backcourt next year though.

Its like tank insurance.

DY_nasty

lol

It would be shocking if the Lakers don't win the title, let alone get to the Finals. They're the obvious favorites.

i reallllllllllly don't even want to start hearing the "but we're the underdogs! nothing is certain" shit again lol

lol

It would be shocking if the Lakers don't win the title, let alone get to the Finals. They're the obvious favorites.

There you go, thekad!

There's a little trolling vigor! No fucking way the Lakers are the favorites.

Vegas has Miami lifting it again in June and this was AFTER the Dwight announcement.

i reallllllllllly don't even want to start hearing the "but we're the underdogs! nothing is certain" shit again lol

Naw, nothing like that. It's a long season, man. I remember how high I was on the Fantastic Four of '04.

Then Kaaaaaaaaaaahl Malones got hurt, Kobe and Shaq started having diva problems and the wheels fell off.

There you go, thekad!

There's a little trolling vigor! No fucking way the Lakers are the favorites.

Vegas has Miami lifting it again in June and this was AFTER the Dwight announcement.

Vegas also has the Bulls as the 4th most likely team to win the title with Rose out for almost the entire year and with their entire, extremely important, bench gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom