• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
This makes no sense unless Martin is being traded. Lamb future with Delfino backing him up.

If Martin isn't traded for trash and a pick tomorrow, I'll know where this team is headed. Another 14th pick.

There you go, thekad!

There's a little trolling vigor! No fucking way the Lakers are the favorites.

Vegas has Miami lifting it again in June and this was AFTER the Dwight announcement.

Vegas has Orlando at 40/1 and the Wolves at 100/1.

Vegas also has the Bulls as the 4th most likely team to win the title with Rose out for almost the entire year and with their entire, extremely important, bench gutted.

To be fair, Vegas is prolly looking at how well the Bulls did w/o Rose in the regular season and are expecting him to at least be back for the playoffs, sans an injury.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
To be fair, Vegas is prolly looking at how well the Bulls did w/o Rose in the regular season and are expecting him to at least be back for the playoffs, sans an injury.

or Vegas is hoping gullible people who gamble occasionally and watch basketball even less put some money on the bulls since they got that "Rose kid who never smiles but is really good"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Vegas also has the Bulls as the 4th most likely team to win the title with Rose out for almost the entire year and with their entire, extremely important, bench gutted.

I don't see how the first part is relevant. As long as he's back for some period before the playoffs starts then why would it really matter? They're going to make the playoffs regardless if he plays a game or not this year.

And the 40/1 Magic odds were done under the presumption Dwight was not going to get traded. Better than assuming the opposite and giving them the Bobcats line and having it blow it up in your face.

A ban just stops you from posting. It wouldn't stop you from reading the garbage posts.

if the object of our conversation is a laker/heat dick waving contest, im no so sure i would want to read this mess of a thread.
and it seems like this will be that object til opening night. :/

linsivvi

if the object of our conversation is a laker/heat dick waving contest, im no so sure i would want to read this mess of a thread.
and it seems like this will be that object til opening night. :/

Yeah. Unfortunately there's just not much going on any more except the few free agents who have yet to be signed.

Zeus Molecules

Who gets more heel heat when they return home for the first time?

Nash or Dwight?

Not even a question Dwight. Nash played the best years of his career in phoenix and has every right to go ring chase considering his age. Dwight set the magic franchise back by a decade, and when I say that I mean it will be about a decade before they can become a legit dark horse contending team.

Dwight. Easily. Nash didn't burn every damn bridge on his way out of town. Why would Suns fans boo him other than the fact hes playing for the Lakers?

There were a LOT of Suns fans that were chapped that he chose the Lakers of all teams which brings this to mind.

How much heat does Ray Allen get in Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw-ston the first time back?

Zeus Molecules

There were a LOT of Suns fans that were chapped that he chose the Lakers of all teams which brings this to mind.

How much heat does Ray Allen get in Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw-ston the first time back?

someone is boston is going to throw a battery at Ray Allen Head when he goes back... and I mean one of the Celtic players when i say that lol

will orlando fans even care enough to show up and give dwight the treatment cleveland gave lebron?

orlando aint cleveland in terms of nothing to do..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
will orlando fans even care enough to show up and give dwight the treatment cleveland gave lebron?

orlando aint cleveland in terms of nothing to do..

They'll show up to boo for the last 6 minutes of the 2nd quarter and all of the 4th quarter. Dwight better be ready for that shit.

The Lakers will be very fun to watch next year. Their talent should be good enough to overcome their biggest weakness, coaching.

They will lose a few games in the playoffs due to Mike Brown. The big question is "will he cost them a series???"..

If there was every a clear cut example of a coach causing his team a series, it was the fuckball coaching that Scotty Brooks did last year...

Heat likely still take that series, but that mans rotations were literally painful to watch.

Poor Gondo!

meanwhile in LA, Dwight is ready.

486416_495237970504732_2036485348_n.jpg

I knew Morey couldn't tank. He doesn't have the balls.

Nah, he's decidedly below average on defense. No longer has the foot speed to guard one-on-one and regularly gets lost off the ball.

Ask Ty Lawson. He is very lazy off-ball these days, but Lakers defense was very solid against opposing SG and SFs.

How were the Lakers any good on D last year with no PG defense, poor Kobe defense, and MWP not even getting big minutes for half the season? All Bynum? Or perhaps, Kobe still plays above average defense?

Also, I don't understand why some are trying to say that Dwight/Bynum aren't worlds apart.

Yes, Dwight is the best center in the league. Yes, Bynum is the second best center. The gap between them is monstrous though. Bynum's lazy ass only "plays defense" by being 7ft tall, kindasorta knowing what's going on around him, having the benefits of another 7 footer next to him, and - whether people want to talk about it or not - he plays very well within Mike Brown's underratedneverdiscussedfuckmikeclownlolz defense.

The gap is still smaller than Nash to Ramon (or Fisher). I think that's all some of us are saying.

Though, Bynum is underrated at D, here. He's not close to Dwight's level, but he's better than some give him credit for being.

Though, Bynum is underrated at D, here. He's not close to Dwight's level, but he's better than some give him credit for being.
He doesn't deserve credit. Good D means you do it consistently. It's a habit.

The fact that you don't need to worry about Dwight's effort on the boards and D is pretty big. I remember in the Denver series each game really came down to whether or not Bynum gave any fucks while getting schooled by Javale freaking McGee

The fact that you don't need to worry about Dwight's effort on the boards and D is pretty big. I remember in the Denver series each game really came down to whether or not Bynum gave any fucks while getting schooled by Javale freaking McGee

Seriously, it was a joke seeing him not even trying to guard Javale and get schooled by him. It was so obvious that when he took it seriously he'd shit on McGee.

This shit is so overstated. This is the Los Angeles effect and nothing more. If he was playing most anywhere else, no one would even consider a lack of effort. he rarely gave poor effort.

Watched a bit of basketball at the Olympics. Is there any kind of FAQ?

a FAQ regarding what, exactly? Sorry, I don't understand why you want a FAQ.

Eh, he's pretty fucking bad to be honest. He's a decent post defender but he couldn't be much worse at defending against penetration.

He's definitely going to post impressive stats as a 1st option though.

This shit is so overstated. This is the Los Angeles effect and nothing more. If he was playing most anywhere else, no one would even consider a lack of effort. he rarely gave poor effort.
I disagree...when I watched him there simply too many times where he didnt give a fuck

phil jackson even kinda took a poke at him when he said "his next step is accepting to be the captain on defense" or something like that

Ask Ty Lawson. He is very lazy off-ball these days, but Lakers defense was very solid against opposing SG and SFs.

How were the Lakers any good on D last year with no PG defense, poor Kobe defense, and MWP not even getting big minutes for half the season? All Bynum? Or perhaps, Kobe still plays above average defense?

The gap is still smaller than Nash to Ramon (or Fisher). I think that's all some of us are saying.

Yea, you have to look at it from two ways: D12's Defense, shot-blocking and rebounding are much, much better than Bynum. He erases a lot of mistakes.

Nash can shoot, pass and score from anywhere, and excels at PNR and getting his teammates the ball where they want it, when they need it, and in a good position to score.

Adding the best C in the league and a defensive nightmare; a top PG who is great at running an offense to another top forward and the best SG in the league somehow makes us the same?

Cmon fellas. It'll take some time to mix, sure.
But barring injury? I expect us in the Finals. A lot can happen, sure, but I expect us to be there at the end.

Only thing I'm worried about?

Someone should tell Mike Brown to sit in a corner and bring towels to the team. The players will figure it out.

Just to understand the rules etc.

Wikis help, but here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball

And the NBA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association

Start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom