• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Yeah, trades are pretty much everything in the NBA. Although making good, reasonable trades is seemingly an extinct possibility for most team general managers around the league nowadays.

If you see a trade happen or read about one that happened and you're first thought is that it doesn't make any sense, then it probably doesn't.
I'm used to baffling transfers!
The Spurs and Nuggets play extremely fast and score a ton of points.
The Bulls, Grizzlies, Hornets, and Jazz play extremely hard.
The Kings and Knicks have massive disfunction
The Heat and Thunder are great teams with incredible players
Becoming a Laker or Celtic fan is not a good idea.
I'll bear that in mind! Season starts in November, Right?

giga

This tweet is still there. Stay free jax.

ZF07+

Salvadora

no relegation. 3 division winners, but 5 others make the playoffs. 8 in each conference.

Divisions don't matter much, anymore. Conferences still do.

Every team plays the other conference 2 times a season (home and away). You play everyone in your division 4 times. You play 6 other teams in your conference 4 times, the other 4 3 times. It rotates every year, but I'm not sure the criteria. 82 games total.

Division winner guaranteed a top 4 seed but better record has home court advantage. Playoffs are best of 7 series. East vs West for the Finals.
And to think I was nervous about asking for help! Thanks so much. It seems straightforward enough.

And to think I was nervous about asking for help! Thanks so much. It seems straightforward enough.

No worries. Ask us anything on your mind. We'd love to help.

As long as you stay away from Miami and LA Lakers as your team since that would be like a yank picking Man U. And I say that as a Laker fan (I'm from LA so it's allowed). :D

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Yeah its not nearly as confusing as the particulars in football.

I'd say watch a lot of Nuggets games. They were a lot of fun to watch last season and should only be better this year with Faried having a year under his belt, McGee learning to be less McGee and Iggy replacing Afflolo.

Still waiting for Chelsea to sign another striker! I refuse to believe Fernando Torres is anything but completely finished - although he looked pretty good against City.

Salvadora

No worries. Ask us anything on your mind. We'd love to help.

As long as you stay away from Miami and LA Lakers as your team since that would be like a yank picking Man U. And I say that as a Laker fan (I'm from LA so it's allowed). :D

Everyone who doesn't follow football supports United so I'm used to it! :p
Salvadora be careful, they all could just be acting welcoming ironically. You never know with these insular bastarads.

I'll keep my guard up.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The Spurs and Nuggets play extremely fast and score a ton of points.
The Bulls, Grizzlies, Hornets, and Jazz play extremely hard.
The Kings and Knicks have massive disfunction
The Heat and Thunder are great teams with incredible players
Becoming a Laker or Celtic fan is not a good idea.

this might mean nothing but the crazy knicks franchise swears it cleaned itself up and will seek help.... lol

Branduil

So there's no real equivalent of relegation, Just three divisions in each conference? Please tell me some transfer muppetry exists.

There is relegation. All the teams that aren't the Lakers, Heat, or Thunder have been relegated to the secondary league of the NBA. The goal of this second tier is secure the #1 pick in the draft lottery, a process known as "dat tank." The only way to return to the top league is to secure enough high-ranking draft picks that the President of Basketball, David Stern, judges you to be a good team and places you back into the top league. Oklahoma City achieved this when they drafted Russell Westbrook and James Harden. Current favorites to re-enter the top league are the New Orleans Hornets and the Los Angeles Clippers. Brooklyn has also been granted automatic waiver status to the top league as a consequence of their move to Brooklyn from New Jersey.

Several teams have been relegated recently. The most recent example is the Orlando Magic, who were sent to the secondary league as a punishment when their General Manager was convicted of fraud and embezzlement. This punishment also stripped them of their best player and sent him to a top league team. They were also forced to resign Jameer Nelson as part of the punishment. Most NBA observers agree these punishments will deter such misbehavior in the future.

giga

There is relegation. All the teams that aren't the Lakers, Heat, or Thunder have been relegated to the secondary league of the NBA. The goal of this second tier is secure the #1 pick in the draft lottery, a process known as "dat tank." The only way to return to the top league is to secure enough high-ranking draft picks that the President of Basketball, David Stern, judges you to be a good team and places you back into the top league. Oklahoma City achieved this when they drafted Russell Westbrook and James Harden. Current favorites to re-enter the top league are the New Orleans Hornets and the Los Angeles Clippers. Brooklyn has also been granted automatic waiver status to the top league as a consequence of their move to Brooklyn from New Jersey.

Several teams have been relegated recently. The most recent example is the Orlando Magic, who were sent to the secondary league as a punishment when their General Manager was convicted of fraud and embezzlement. This punishment also stripped them of their best player and sent him to a top league team. They were also forced to resign Jameer Nelson as part of the punishment. Most NBA observers agree these punishments will deter such misbehavior in the future.

1291476024_cat-hugs-teddy-bear.gif

SamuraiX-

Don't pay too much attention to Brandy, Sal.

He spends more time watching Anime and drowning in his own self-pity than actually watching basketball.

Don't pay too much attention to Brandy, Sal.

He spends more time watching Anime and drowning in his own self-pity than actually watching basketball.

Didn't it seem like winning the championship made him even saltier in the following months?

HE ACTUALLY GOT ANGRIER AFTER WINNING THE CHIP!!!

Salvadora

I enjoyed reading this, Dispite what other people said!

Truly.

Salvadora, you'd love our team. Fun to watch. Especially our Spanish point guard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKkE2bp5nQ&feature=plcp
That's some fucking skill from Rubio, Christ.

Salvadora: become a Lakers fan. We need more around here. Plus we have the best general manager in the league, best Center, Point Guard, Shooting Guard, and one of the best power forwards. We are the greatest franchise in NBA history and have the best colors, fans, and more.

Yeah its not nearly as confusing as the particulars in football.

I'd say watch a lot of Nuggets games. They were a lot of fun to watch last season and should only be better this year with Faried having a year under his belt, McGee learning to be less McGee and Iggy replacing Afflolo.

Still waiting for Chelsea to sign another striker! I refuse to believe Fernando Torres is anything but completely finished - although he looked pretty good against City.

The Nuggets can be really fun to watch, but man, there are a ton of free throws in their games.

And that reminds me, all casual basketball fans should stay away from watching the Pacers.

I second the idea of becoming a Laker fan. Why not just start out rooting for the best? Do you want to sit around hoping that your team finds a star player or hires a good general manager?

Naw, I'd just use those 10 minutes to get him talking about his time in New York.

He'd be cursing and swearing almost immediately.

I would really, really, really love to have a dinner with Pat Riley. And I'm not saying this cause I'm a Heat fan boy. The guy would tell some of the most interesting stories ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom