• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll support whoever plays the most appealing basketball with the most entertaining players. Don't worry, I'm used to losing.
LAKERS have the best andfunnest team to watch. AND you could experience victory in a way that DIEHARD and fellow Utar fans can only dream about before waking up in a sweat having realized that Michael Jordan pimpslapped the franchise two years in a row.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/54688120-62/anderson-jazz-utah-forward.html.csp

.... Fuck you Utah :(

Before forward Ryan Anderson joined New Orleans July 11 via a sign-and-trade, the Jazz were involved in talks to acquire the former Orlando sharpshooter, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned.

The Hornets unexpectedly added Anderson toward the end of the free-agency moratorium period. New Orleans was only forced to give up second-year power forward Gustavo Ayon, while Anderson — a restricted free agent — received a four-year deal worth a reported $34 million.

The 6-foot-10, 240-pound Anderson averaged career highs in points (16.1) and rebounds (7.7) for the Magic during the 2011-12 season. He shot 39 percent behind the 3-point line in 61 games (all starts), and was named NBA Comeback Player of the Year after leading the league in made 3s (166).

For a time, the Jazz rivaled New Orleans as a potential destination for Anderson. Utah entered free agency targeting the wing position and in desperate need of outside shooting — the Jazz ranked 28th out of 30 teams in average made 3s last season and 27th in shooting percentage.

To acquire Anderson, Utah likely would have been forced to give up power forward Paul Millsap. While the Jazz were interested in Anderson and considered making the deal, Utah ultimately backed off. Anderson was later sent to New Orleans, and the Jazz addressed their perimeter needs by signing unrestricted free agent guard Randy Foye on July 23. Utah also traded for small forward Marvin Williams during early July.

Ryan Anderson is really good, but Millsap is better and the team might have tried to play Anderson at SF which would have been horrible. Hopefully this is a sign the team intends to keep Millsap.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't believe the thought process went from S&T Ryno for Millsap (honestly would have made sense for both teams) -> to not keeping Ryno / overpaying to keep Jameer.

At least we got Gustavo Ayon!

don't worry about it bro you would be just as qualified as all the other Laker fans, and know as much about basketball.
kebo-3.gif

but for real, Lakers-age is trouble. Real trouble.

Salvadora, if you want the team that will appear in highlight reels every night, then the Miami Heat is your team.

Let's just start with a plain ol' picture,

dwyane-wade-lebron-james.jpg

and some highlights

We throw passes from one end of the court to the other, literally

LeBron drops the anvil on reilotown

this guy made 7 threes in a finals closeout game with a broken back. A BROKEN BACK!!!

we also just added this guy as a free agent this past summer. he also happens to be the best three point shooter of all time

this past summer we witnessed one of the greatest games in playoff history from the best player in the game right now

oh yeah, I'm supposed to throw in some lol knicks in here too

I wish I could show you more highlights but that would take all night. The Heat are America's most beloved team----but I wouldn't ask Puddles for his opinion since he doesn't count. We would welcome you with the most warm south beach arms ever!

I made my pitch, heat-age, now we await his decision

Doomsayer

Why are you guys crying about Lakers fans so much? Did we finally replace Heat fans as the most arrogant and annoying?

I hope so, that was a tough two years.

Why are you guys crying about Lakers fans so much? Did we finally replace Heat fans as the most arrogant and annoying?

I hope so, that was a tough two years.
There is a difference; Heat fans are arrogant with a couple years of success while Lamers fans are arrogant due to decades and decades of success.

By the way Salvadora, I don't know if you've been informed or read about it, but each team in the league has a salary cap. I don't know the numbers so don't take this for fact but I think it's about 60 million, to spend on a roster of 15 players. The most a player can earn, depending on how many years you've played, ranges from 25-35% of the salary cap. there are a lot of players in this league who have a max contract that don't deserve one; if you aren't going to be a Heat fan, you'll want to avoid those teams! Those kinds of contracts cripple franchises and show poor management.

After that there are smaller contracts, and each team is awarded sort of a bonus contract called the "mid-level exception" and there's also smaller 'exceptions' that allow you to spend money on players who are valuable but you may not be able to afford because you are over the salary cap.

basically this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap

Salvadora

By the way Salvadora, I don't know if you've been informed or read about it, but each team in the league has a salary cap. I don't know the numbers so don't take this for fact but I think it's about 60 million, to spend on a roster of 15 players. The most a player can earn, depending on how many years you've played, ranges from 25-35% of the salary cap. there are a lot of players in this league who have a max contract that don't deserve one; if you aren't going to be a Heat fan, you'll want to avoid those teams! Those kinds of contracts cripple franchises and show poor management.

After that there are smaller contracts, and each team is awarded sort of a bonus contract called the "mid-level exception" and there's also smaller 'exceptions' that allow you to spend money on players who are valuable but you may not be able to afford because you are over the salary cap.

basically this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap
This is really interesting because nothing like this exists in football, At least not yet. I think they are considering bringing it in because things are getting out of control.

This is really interesting because nothing like this exists in football, At least not yet. I think they are considering bringing it in because things are getting out of control.

Yeah unfortunately I don't think there's a perfect system for any sport. Last season the NBA locked itself out for a bit because owners lost too much money and they thought the overall structure of the NBA lacked parity...but it's really a sport that is impossible to have parity. Like most others, certain teams always find a way to stay on top due to history/culture/location/good management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom