• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of fuckery is going on here?

Just puddles and Rick Fox running wild.

If you thought Pimp/DancingJudas were affronts to the lord, you ain't ready for puddles when The Lakers are legit.

He thinks Breaking Bad is about a man protecting his family from his whore wife's untamable dick lust.

edit: also 2012 NBA Offseason lOT3l Untamable Dick Lust

I've been trying to stay away from the immediate aftermath and expected chaos that would be happening here because I knew there would be a lot of hot heads, anger/laughter at the Magic and Laker jubilation. In spite of realizing the inevitability of Dwight being traded it was still an emotional drain to see him leave and especially under such similar circumstances to 1996. People are criticizing the middling return the Magic got for Dwight but the reality is that options were incredibly limited due to Fegan and Dwight himself just completely ruining his value around the league. We likely had the chance to get Iggy or Bynum but I'm glad Rob realized that those two aren't guys we should be targeting at this stage. I even don't mind taking on the bigger deals of Afflalo and Harrington; I like Afflalo even though he's expensive, he's a J-Rich replacement with way more trade value around the league. Harrington can be waived after this season so he's pure trade bait.

The only thing I really don't like is how poor the picks are and that we couldn't get either Evan Fournier or Quincy Miller from the Nuggets. I see people kicking and screaming that we should've taken the Houston offer but what offer was that? It's clear that it was difficult to tell what was rumor and what was reality concerning their trade package, even Houston fans were saying their offer wasn’t as good as we were preaching. I still like Rob and feels he has a plan for the future even though I don't care for how he overpaid for Jameer but on a rebuild it really doesn't matter all that much. We'll be lucky to win 18 games this season so I'm pretty happy about that, I just hope Shabazz/Noel/Zeller aren't NBA fuckups.

Go Magic

SUPREME1

Banned
I've been trying to stay away from the immediate aftermath and expected chaos that would be happening here because I knew there would be a lot of hot heads, anger/laughter at the Magic and Laker jubilation. In spite of realizing the inevitability of Dwight being traded it was still an emotional drain to see him leave and especially under such similar circumstances to 1996. People are criticizing the middling return the Magic got for Dwight but the reality is that options were incredibly limited due to Fegan and Dwight himself just completely ruining his value around the league. We likely had the chance to get Iggy or Bynum but I'm glad Rob realized that those two aren't guys we should be targeting at this stage. I even don't mind taking on the bigger deals of Afflalo and Harrington; I like Afflalo even though he's expensive, he's a J-Rich replacement with way more trade value around the league. Harrington can be waived after this season so he's pure trade bait.

The only thing I really don't like is how poor the picks are and that we couldn't get either Evan Fournier or Quincy Miller from the Nuggets. I see people kicking and screaming that we should've taken the Houston offer but what offer was that? It's clear that it was difficult to tell what was rumor and what was reality concerning their trade package, even Houston fans were saying their offer wasn’t as good as we were preaching. I still like Rob and feels he has a plan for the future even though I don't care for how he overpaid for Jameer but on a rebuild it really doesn't matter all that much. We'll be lucky to win 18 games this season so I'm pretty happy about that, I just hope Shabazz/Noel/Zeller aren't NBA fuckups.

Go Magic

Did not read.

Dwight in L.A., that is all.

Go Magic

Thought Dwight wasn't going to L.A.? Oh, wait. He did.
Thanks for being the farm team for best LA.

Lets be real for a second.

The Magic should just become a D-league franchise for the Lakers. I mean with all of the talent they keep sending here, they'd be sure to finally fly a banner up in the rafters.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Go Magic

Glad to see you back and I agree 100%.

Would have rather had Iggy than Afflalo/Harrington though. Afflalo is making a lot of money for a long time and he's ass, Iggy would have not been difficult to move at the deadline and worst case scenario he's still less guaranteed money than Afflalo/Harrington.

Glad to see you back and I agree 100%.

Would have rather had Iggy than Afflalo/Harrington though. Afflalo is making a lot of money for a long time and he's ass, Iggy would have not been difficult to move at the deadline and worst case scenario he's still less guaranteed money than Afflalo/Harrington.

Dark, you keep ignoring my avatar bet offer. Starting to think you skurred.

Nah. RB was going off on anyone even suggesting Dwight to LA would/could happen. It happened, he deserves his licks. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

I was going off because it seemed the trade field was wider and the Lakers clearly had the worst reported offer on the table. However as Fegan/Dwight co-opted to tank his value as free-agency began I should've woken up and realized the situation.

I was going off because it seemed the trade field was wider and the Lakers clearly had the worst reported offer on the table. However as Fegan/Dwight co-opted to tank his value I should've woken up and realized the situation.

You can always join Lakers-Age. Would be pretty seamless really. I'm sure you already have Shaq and Dwight Howard jersey's.

SamuraiX-

Go Magic

I give you props for still supporting your team through all of this and all, but just please don't start pretending that Hennigan is anywhere near the level of even a semi-competent GM. That's just insulting. With him in charge, the future of the Magic franchise is looking pretty bleak at the moment, imo.

I was going off because it seemed the trade field was wider and the Lakers clearly had the worst reported offer on the table. However as Fegan/Dwight co-opted to tank his value as free-agency began I should've woken up and realized the situation.
join laker-age.
you'd still support dwight, and root for an actual contender for once/

Dwight's position of "Nets or Lakers" made it clear that it was either Nets mid season or Lakers now. Magic shouldn't and possibly didn't care if Dwight would like his landing spots, but their trade partners obviously did. Giving up prospects and potentially good/great picks was simply out of the question if Dwight already penciled in walking to Dallas if his destination was not of his choosing.

Everything broke just right for LA, after the Humphries signing it was pretty clear. No way ORL would start camp with Dwight and Mitch knew no one else would be offering a package much better.

I give you props for still supporting your team through all of this and all, but just please don't start pretending that Hennigan is anywhere near the level of even a semi-competent GM. That's just insulting. With him in charge, the future of the Magic franchise is looking pretty bleak at the moment, imo.

If there was a better deal out there then Rob would've taken it I feel, his hands were tied big time. We've bottomed out and will be the worst team in the league so he's at least put us on the right track.

Dwight's position of "Nets or Lakers" made it clear that it was either Nets mid season or Lakers now. Magic shouldn't and possibly didn't care if Dwight would like his landing spots, but their trade partners obviously did. Giving up prospects and potentially good/great picks was simply out of the question if Dwight already penciled in walking to Dallas if his destination was not of his choosing.

Everything broke just right for LA, after the Humphries signing it was pretty clear. No way ORL would start camp with Dwight and Mitch knew no one else would be offering a package much better.

But Mitch said he thought a deal wasn't going to happen until Rob called him which, to me, signals that he had exhausted every other avenue in terms of a Dwight trade. The Houston offer was clearly not very good and absolutely nothing involving Brooklyn could be done so the Lakers are all he had left.

join laker-age.
you'd still support dwight, and root for an actual contender for once/

I'll join Lakers-Age if you can get your average k/d ratio in Battlefield 3 above 1

SUPREME1

Banned
If there was a better deal out there then Rob would've taken it I feel, his hands were tied big time. We've bottomed out and will be the worst team in the league so he's at least put us on the right track.

But Mitch said he thought a deal wasn't going to happen until Rob called him which, to me, signals that he had exhausted every other avenue in terms of a Dwight trade. The Houston offer was clearly not very good and absolutely nothing involving Brooklyn could be done so the Lakers are all he had left.

What happened to the Magic being willing to let Dwight walk over taking a shit package?

blueballser said:
I'll join Lakers-Age if you can get your average k/d ratio in Battlefield 3 above 1

Wait... is this true 'Kado?

COME ON SON.

Skills = Kills

images

Flash

I gotta say props to Orlando for not giving into temptations and taking Bynum. He'll be useful to a team like 76ers but he'd be beyond awful in Orlando.

Having him would guarantee more wins but he would be really bad for the locker room and any sort of culture they're trying to implement there. Best bet is to go all in on tank mode and hope to get someone to build around (and develop for a big market team lol)

lol that means nothing. In EVERY single game I've played with you, I've scored higher and had a better K/D ratio

You play this game 100X more than me. if I did my stats would be inflated like yours too

btw that skill rating is garbage.

woooow that longest headshot is pathetic bro

I haven't spent a single second in the recon class

I don't play the game like most other people. I'm usually a medic or an engineer and I generally give less fucks about dying

diehard

Fleer
l

I haven't spent a single second in the recon class

I don't play the game like most other people. I'm usually a medic or an engineer and I generally give less fucks about dying

400m is pretty bad too.

you might wanna bring up the fact that your SPM is almost twice his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom