• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard the Bynum conference on ESPN LA radio this morning. Was that the loudest press conference ever? Did they just dub screaming fans over Bynums audio?

will there be a press conference for Afflalo?

What for?

"I'm hoping we're sloppy enough to challenge Houston and The Bobcats for a top NBA prospect in the upcoming draft. And maybe when my contract is moved for young prospects or picks, Orlando has a chance to compete again."

"I apologize for Al's absence, he had prior engagements. His cable guy was scheduled to show up between noon and 5pm, and it's really hard to reschedule those things. I really wish they would be more specific with their appointments, but it is what is."

What for?

"I'm hoping we're sloppy enough to challenge Houston and The Bobcats for a top NBA prospect in the upcoming draft. And maybe when my contract is moved for young prospects or picks, Orlando has a chance to compete again."

"I apologize for Al's absence, he had prior engagements. His cable guy was scheduled to show up between noon and 5pm, and it's really hard to reschedule those things. I really wish they would be more specific with their appointments, but it is what is."

gotta give the fans hope.... hahah

poor magic fans

Nori Chan

I haven't really chimned in with the whole Bynum thing and all I want to say is I hope nothing but the best for him in Philly. I was also one of those that wanted to trade him at any possible time (Kidd, Garnett, etc.). However, once a Laker, always a Lakers. Hell, I'll stand up and clap when I eyenga and sessions come back to LA. I want to thank him for all the moments I've seen him over the last 7 years or so. It was great to see another kid join the Lakers and grow up here. However, the total disrespect and immaturity was too much for me to handle. Hopefully he succeeds in Philly

but the sweats to a press conference is exactly the kind of shit why I wanted him gone :/

I haven't really chimned in with the whole Bynum thing and all I want to say is I hope nothing but the best for him in Philly. I was also one of those that wanted to trade him at any possible time (Kidd, Garnett, etc.). However, once a Laker, always a Lakers. Hell, I'll stand up and clap when I eyenga and sessions come back to LA. I want to thank him for all the moments I've seen him over the last 7 years or so. It was great to see another kid join the Lakers and grow up here. However, the total disrespect and immaturity was too much for me to handle. Hopefully he succeeds in Philly

but the sweats to a press conference is exactly the kind of shit why I wanted him gone :/

I've followed Farmar and Sasha on the nets and was rooting for them as well. I know Sasha is in europe. Has Farmar been picked up yet? He was released after a trade this summer correct?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Most Magic fans I know are pretty optimistic. Comparatively Philly will be in worse shape after being coaxed into handing Bynumbskull a max deal after he stat pads them to a 6th seed.

I love my Magic but theres really no need to take shots at Philly. They have a lot of young talent and one of the best centers in the league now. Orlando has neither.

I love my Magic but theres really no need to take shots at Philly. They have a lot of young talent and one of the best centers in the league now. Orlando has neither.

Philly are dangerously close to becoming NeoHawks

they can save themselves if they don't pay Jrue but all signs point to that not happening

SamuraiX-

What for?

Moris has been on a roll.

Nelo Ice

Banned

they can save themselves if they don't pay Jrue but all signs point to that not happening

They were going to be neohawks if they just stood still with their roster as it was. They've admitted as much that they hit their ceiling. So they took a risk in Bynum to help push them to the ECF and beyond. Obviously they still need pieces but it was a needed risk if they ever want to become contenders.

They were going to be neohawks if they just stood still with their roster as it was. They've admitted as much that they hit their ceiling. So they took a risk in Bynum to help push them to the ECF and beyond. Obviously they still need pieces but it was a needed risk if they ever want to become contenders.

Except they'll have zero capspace to spend after they sign Jrue and Drew whereas if they kept Iffy and didn't amnesty Brand they could've been players in the summer of 2013.

Sixers have been mediocre for years now. So what's the difference.

Pretty much.

At least we can legit trick ourselves into believing for a few years lol.

with Iggy we were a tough first round out at best.

Now we will be a tough second round out.

IMPROVEMENT yo.

Once again Bynum will dominate against the shitty centers in the east enough to keep in the 3-7 range.

It;s up to Jrue and Turner to step up.

Good luck with that tho.

Except they'll have zero capspace to spend after they sign Jrue and Drew whereas if they kept Iffy and didn't amnesty Brand they could've been players in the summer of 2013.

and sign who?

Bynum anyway? lol.

There is no game changers that would come here in 2013. No one is dying to play here.

So why not roll the dice now.

Plus supposedly we are waiting for 2014 when a ton of our contracts expire or become expiring.

I think the Sixers most valuable players are young enough to stay where they are right now.

Neohawks have been pretty irrelevant with the same core for like 5 + playoff runs. Phillies core is young and have a lot of room to grow.

The prospects aren't even there in college basketball right now anyway in terms of franchise changing players. Better to just be a 1st round exit than to literally rebuild the same version of your team like the Cats are doing.

Kemba - Felton
Henderson
MKG - Gerald Wallace
Biyombo - Okafor
Nerlens Noel - Chandler

Nelo Ice

Banned
and sign who?

Bynum anyway? lol.

There is no game changers that would come here in 2013. No one is dying to play here.

So why not roll the dice now.

Plus supposedly we are waiting for 2014 when a ton of our contracts expire or become expiring.

Yep 2014 is when the Sixers will have cap space. Lakers will also be able to reload in 2014 :p. Posted this before but here's the potential FA class of 2014, per Alex Kennedy.
The 2014 free agent class could include LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Amar’e Stoudemire, Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol, Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Luol Deng, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Andrew Bogut among others.

Bryant, Nowitzki, Granger, Deng, Pierce, Gasol and Bogut will be unrestricted free agents that summer. James, Wade, Anthony, Stoudemire, Bosh, Gay and Randolph have a player option or early-termination option, which means they can opt-out and become unrestricted free agents.

Executives are already drooling over the 2014 free agent class. One Western Conference executive believes that the 2014 class could be better than the much-anticipated 2010 class.

“The 2014 class, if everyone opts out, is much more accomplished," said the executive.

Bynum is going to have to be pretty great and completely injury free for the 76ers to make the playoffs. Their other starters are really really bad.

Bu-but this is the year Jrue becomes an actual point guard and with Iggy gone there's no one to hold Turner back...

and Doug will finally trust the...

yeah.

Deng and Bogut's injuries have me thinking they'll have declined significantly by 2014

And giving big deals to 29 year olds who aren't MVPs is probably a bad idea

bud23

I just heard the Bynum conference on ESPN LA radio this morning. Was that the loudest press conference ever?

yeah,very likely.

andrew-bynum-confused.jpg

linsivvi

Yep 2014 is when the Sixers will have cap space. Lakers will also be able to reload in 2014 :p. Posted this before but here's the potential FA class of 2014, per Alex Kennedy.

Kobe, Pau, Pierce and Dirk will all be old as fuck by then. Zach will be 33 as well.

Amare with no insurance at 31. Bogut will probably reach the same status with his constant health issue.

Lebron, Wade and Bosh aren't going to opt out (unless to re-sign with the Heat for a longer contract). If the Heat suddenly starts to fall apart, I see Riley trading 1 of the 3 for other pieces instead of breaking it up. It just doesn't make sense.

I really don't see the free agent market to be as good as he described it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Kobe, Pau, Pierce and Dirk will all be old as fuck by then. Zach will be 33 as well.

Amare with no insurance at 31. Bogut will probably reach the same status with his constant health issue.

Lebron, Wade and Bosh aren't going to opt out (unless to re-sign with the Heat for a longer contract). If the Heat suddenly starts to fall apart, I see Riley trading 1 of the 3 for other pieces instead of breaking it up. It just doesn't make sense.

I really don't see the free agent market to be as good as he described it.

It definitely has the most star power but yeah all aging star power for the most part. Only one I see Mitch going hard after is of course LBJ if he opts out. Otherwise I doubt he or Buss would be dumb enough to give a huge or max contracts just to the best available.

edit:And here's how the Dwight traded was executed(cap space TPE etc).
http://www.hoopsworld.com/how-exactly-was-dwight-howard-traded/
Even if the team holds through the trade deadline in February, the Magic go into the June 2013 NBA Draft and July free agency with a powerful tool. Orlando may also look to help broker a deal should two teams need a third to execute a complicated transaction. The Magic would love to continue collective draft picks and young talent.

It remains to be seen how well Magic general manager Rob Hennigan did with the Howard trade but given the intricacy, he clearly didn’t rush into a frivolous decision.

SamuraiX-

Bynum is going to have to be pretty great and completely injury free for the 76ers to make the playoffs. Their other starters are really really bad.

Wtf? This is the East, yo.

They'll be a Top 4 seed.

1. Miami
2. New Jersey
3. Boston
4. Philadelphia
5. Indiana
6. New York
7. Chicago
8. Milwaukee

thekad

Banned
The 2nd seed team in the East will barely be a 50 win team. Even Philadelphia could be the 2nd seed, though they're being overrated. Iggy -> Bynum isn't a very big jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom