• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Noah post/man defense really isn't that good, Dwight or other legit offensive threat big usually destroy him.. If someone calling Ibaka for that its should apply for Noah too. Noah can very useful on defense because he can switch to guard perimeter player all the time and Thibs defensive scheme demanding that, I think Ibaka actually not bad at doing this..

Ok, we'll fix the mistakes one post at a time.

Ask Miami how good Ibaka is at guarding perimeter players. I mean, they only doubled their season average from 3, considering they were completely unguarded.

giri

I don't see it happening. I think the Bulls really like where Gibson is going and aren't prepared to lose him like Asik.

Taj Gibson is worth 6M. Thats it.

Now, i'm not saying some retarded mentally handicapped GM won't sign him for $11M per. But he'll be getting drastically over paid.

You don't really want him starting, first big off the bench? sure! but not starting.

I wonder what number Taj will wear in Toronto.

Does he have potential?

Does he jump out of gyms?

Is he a serviceable big?

If yes....he's gonna get overpaid.

It's the way the league works.... not enough good big men out there so team will overpaid for marginal ones in hopes they continue to improve. God help you if he's 7'0.

giri

Does he have potential?

Does he jump out of gyms?

Is he a serviceable big?

If yes....he's gonna get overpaid.

It's the way the league works.... not enough good big men out there so team will overpaid for marginal ones in hopes they continue to improve. God help you if he's 7'0.

Yeah, and it backfires on teams.

Constantly.

linsivvi

He's worth it tho...

rite?

rite?

I hope so. I don't want to feel those feels anymore.

If he can put up numbers similar to last year for the next 5 seasons, sure. Even if he acts like an ass once in a while, he will still help your team more often than not. That German doctor might help a bit too.

pilonv1

Sam Amico
Speaking of Kings, Jimmer Fredette would love to go someplace where someone other than just DeMarcus Cousins will

pass him the ball. Thunder would love to pry Fredette away from Kings as replacement for Derek Fisher. Kevin Durant is a Jimmer fan.

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

RT @JohnTelich8: Source: Cavs likely to buy out Omri Casspi from contract. Hearing this may be a mutual desire.

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

If Cavs do in fact part ways with Casspi, it's likely because Luke Walton will not agree to buyout. Don't want both. Would prefer Casspi.

FU Luke.

giri

Bu-but it'll work someday..

right?

I am a fan of a team that overpaid Matt Geiger. I know the deal all too well.

We paid Warrick. Which, IMO, was dumber than the childress contract straight up.

Casspi is so bizzare. I like his game, but he often doesn't appear to even try to give a shit these days.

Because season 2 has all that mess with Ziggy and Nick and stuff like the dock union.

I can't imagine it's worse than that.

I liked where S2 was going. But it had a bizarrely terrible ending.

S5 is much worse than S2. It's one of the shittiest destruction's of a TV franchise ever. Worse than the final scrubs season.

9b2428e2ea5311e18b0122000a1e9b8c_7.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Exactly, he's only 22. Then you have people talking about drafting big men like Andre Drummond with the whole "its a project" tab on him. My point is, Ibaka already has proven talent, and can build off these foundations. I doubt his offensive game will be the equivalent of Ben Wallace's in years down the road. Not with Durant, Harden etc. around him.

What does Durant and Harden have to do with his offensive game besides take away shot chances for him?

Yeah, the fact that Ibaka's already this good leads me to believe that by the time he's Noah's age he'll be significantly better. And this is coming from someone who LOVES Joakim Noah.

What areas do you see him improving in?

Yes. I'm sure a few more years of NBA experience will transform him into a completely different type of player from what he is now. That happens all the time.

The only person I can really think of doing it is J.O'Neal

It's not unheard-of for guys to get a lot smarter and more aware on defense. Guys like LeBron or Bogut took a long time to become great defenders...But it usually happens with a coaching change or with criticism to their defense and neither is happening for Ibaka right now.

Those two improved slightly over time tho....

That guy started roughly 84 000 stupid "why useless big man X deserves more time" arguments on the internet. "Yeah, sure useless big man X sucked for his first 3 years. But he's still probably an all star. Look at J O'Neal! Trade 8 draft picks for him!"

*queues Top Gun and Man on Fire on Netflix*

RIP Tony Scott.

Just heard. Big loss, RIP indeed.

That's exactly why I dont post on gaming. Shit is a land mine

Eh, it's not that bad. He wasn't really that bad in the thread, but I think it was the pattern.
He just stepped it up since E3.

Sad part? He wasn't exactly wrong. People want to delude themselves about certain things for whatever reason.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That guy started roughly 84 000 stupid "why useless big man X deserves more time" arguments on the internet. "Yeah, sure useless big man X sucked for his first 3 years. But he's still probably an all star. Look at J O'Neal! Trade 8 draft picks for him!"

Tyrus Thomas sends him a Christmas card every year

I remember trying to explain to a friend that just because Tyrus Thomas could jump high and run fast did not mean he was going to be a good basketball player

giri

What does Durant and Harden have to do with his offensive game besides take away shot chances for him?

What areas do you see him improving in?

Those two improved slightly over time tho....

I think one of the most over looked parts is. ibaka has been in the US for what, 3 years now? and his english is still pretty bad.

Thats not so relevant OFF court. But on court, calling out rotations and the like? eh.

I think Ibaka has room to improve his offensive game, i think he could be ok on a PnR (ok jumper, good athlete) but i don't remember seeing him finish around the rim that often.

But he's not that good a defender in the first place for people to think he's good defensively. He gives up so many offensive rebounds.

Truthfully atm, the only difference between him and Louis Amundson is Ibaka's jumper is better. Amundson is probably a better defender though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom