• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Knicks are not very good at basketball. Top 3 only happens if Lebron James, Deron Williams and Granger die....maybe

Actually they are under Woodson. Lebron's team is number 1, there is no doubt about that. Danny and Deron's team isn't as good. Nets have no defense and pacers benefited from the lockout in my opinion.

giri

Actually they are under Woodson. Lebron's team is number 1, there is no doubt about that. Danny and Deron's team isn't as good. Nets have no defense and pacers benefited from the lockout in my opinion.

If you really wanted to be even handed, Nets, Pacers, Knicks are all about even in the "could be top 3, could just get the 8th seed" randomness at this point in time.

And what have the knicks done that makes them BETTER than last year?

No more than the Nets. Probably Less.

Knicks got better near the playoffs. kidd,camby and brewer will add even more defense and we already were a good defensive team. melo was injured the majority of the season. Amare was hurt as well and played hurt without saying anything. This is the fist time they get a proper training camp and full regular season.

Knicks got better near the playoffs. kidd,camby and brewer will add even more defense and we already were a good defensive team. melo was injured the majority of the season. Amare was hurt as well and played hurt without saying anything. This is the fist time they get a proper training camp and full regular season.

4 seed ceiling, 5 seed future, 9th seed floor.

giri

Kidd looked Done last year. Camby looked done last year. Brewer is still a really limited 1 dimension player. Good as a bench player though.

Knicks got better when Melo went on a hot streak.

There were so many issues with that team on the court and off the court, that you really won't know what to make of them until they've played 20 games.

Nets also lost Lopez all of last year, they'll have him back. They will even have another NBA Starter (JJ). So that means they've massively upgraded both the 5 and the 2.

I'm no JJ fan, and Lopez has a lot to prove too.

Were they the ones that picked up AK47?

So again, you won't really know what to make of that team until they've played 20 games. Maybe even the ASG.

Kidd looked Done last year. Camby looked done last year. Brewer is still a really limited 1 dimension player. Good as a bench player though.

There were so many issues with that team on the court and off the court, that you really won't know what to make of them until they've played 20 games.

Nets also lost Lopez all of last year, they'll have him back. They will even have another NBA Starter (JJ). So that means they've massively upgraded both the 5 and the 2.

So again, you won't really know what to make of that team until they've played 20 games. Maybe even the ASG.

Minnesota got AK47

I think the lockout affected kidd and camby. kidd will be off the bench too. Nets get better on offense but their defense is still not good.

New York needs to prove they can be at least a .500 with Amare and Melo playing together before calling themselves a lock for anything

giri

I think the lockout affected kidd and camby. kidd will be off the bench too. Nets get better on offense but their defense is still not good.

Kidd didn't give a shit after getting his ring. Camby is only playing for money.

And i didn't even mention that you down graded to felton who was putrid, and arguably, the biggest villanueva in the entire league last year.

Maybe a change of scenery will help them.

The only one i really hold out hope on is Kidd.

But yeah, the Knicks had a ton of issues to work out. They got some good Names, but there's a lot to prove for them.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
OK, I'm back from my GAF break.

*laughs at Bulls-GAF*

We got Dwight, I said when this whole nonsense started that he was going to the Lakers.

We did it, Lakers-GAF.

giri

OK, I'm back from my GAF break.

*laughs at Bulls-GAF*

We got Dwight, I said when this whole nonsense started that he was going to the Lakers.

We did it, Lakers-GAF.

You're not Brandi. It won't work.

Just hope Rose misses the year and you get the No.1 Pick.

Would totally not be rigged.

just last year kidd played well in that title run. camby, maybe might be done we will see.

sometimes a season is all it takes to fall off. Especially when you are 40. As a Laker fan, I have come to grips with the fact that Nash falls into this category. Difference is he is "falling" from a much higher spot, so even if he declines he will still be productive for us. Kidd went from role player to "should retire". It's a natural decline for a guy that age and with that many miles on his belt.

I wonder if Anthony Davis can be great right away on defense as a rookie. Most rookies have horrible defensive impact despite their athleticism, but guys like Gibson and Asik and Rubio were great defenders from day one and massively improved their team's D. Asik and Rubio were pro players before the NBA and Gibson was a million years old when he left USC, but I still think Davis might be able to make a great impact on D. If he can, I think people are underrating the Hornets a ton...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You're not Brandi. It won't work.

Just hope Rose misses the year and you get the No.1 Pick.

Would totally not be rigged.
I keep trying to make this clear. This is not some Brandi gimmick. I really am no longer a Bulls fan. I am a Lakers fan.

Seriously.

giri

I wonder if Anthony Davis can be great right away on defense as a rookie. Most rookies have horrible defensive impact despite their athleticism, but guys like Gibson and Asik and Rubio were great defenders from day one and massively improved their team's D. Asik and Rubio were pro players before the NBA and Gibson was a million years old when he left USC, but I still think Davis might be able to make a great impact on D. If he can, I think people are underrating the Hornets a ton...

Aren't 3 of their starting 5 going to be rookies?

I don't think you can under rate that sort of roster.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Kobe's 81 game is on NBATV right now. Still can't believe I got to attend that game and it is cool seeing myself in the corner of the screen watching the game and marking out lol.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
D'antoni was a joke coach... Anyone here who overlooks D'antoni's crapness just to pile on the knicks is just ignoring that fact for the jokes.

Also the Knicks had no PG at all until Lin who got injured and then left them with B Diddy who was still injured himself. and lopez averages 5 rebounds at 7 feet tall that is a horrible stat for a big man.

so they were trying to run D'antoni's system without any PG for most the year and they still got 7 seed. They should make a big jump this year in the regular season if they can stay healthy.

Amare and Melo would work offensively if you played them at the 5 and 4. With Tyson, it will not. I wanted to believe.
hell no.amare at 5 will ruin the defens inside.melo should stay at sf too.in the playoffs it worked fine:melo p and r with amare.that is how you get them to work together.

masud

Banned
Chris is right. Melo and Amare at the 4/5 is the only way to make it work offensively but that would also be one for the worst defensive front courts in the history of basketball. The Knicks are fundamentaly broken. But they're a playoff team so cablevision is good.

Chris is right. Melo and Amare at the 4/5 is the only way to make it work offensively but that would also be one for the worst defensive front courts in the history of basketball. The Knicks are fundamentaly broken. But they're a playoff team so cablevision is good.

I kind of like the way our team is constructed. Felton / Brewer / Melo / Amare / Tyson
JR has to have a monster and consistent season shooting the 3. Amare needs to figure his way into the flow of the offense. He will never be a solid defensive player but when he played the 5, he came up with some timely stops.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I said offensively. The interior of the Knicks offense is way too congested.

thats why Woodson told Amare learn to play in the post. Chandler and Amare not being able to shoot the 17-12 foot jump shot hurt him the most. if he can operate in the post then hey they might figure it out. I mean it is a mess but at least they aren't kidding themselves about it.

giri

D'antoni was a joke coach... Anyone here who overlooks D'antoni's crapness just to pile on the knicks is just ignoring that fact for the jokes.

Also the Knicks had no PG at all until Lin who got injured and then left them with B Diddy who was still injured himself. and lopez averages 5 rebounds at 7 feet tall that is a horrible stat for a big man.

so they were trying to run D'antoni's system without any PG for most the year and they still got 7 seed. They should make a big jump this year in the regular season if they can stay healthy.

Lol

Thats a nice way to gloss over a lot of harder truths about the knicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom