• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
Yea right. Barring injuries, that's easy money.

I guess you guys don't learn. This shit happens every year. Someone gets too excited with the lol Knicks shit and makes a bet that they end up losing. "My wife is a Knick fan", dcx's deal with it avy, shirtless galllo, and i know I'm missing at least one more. Hell Dy would have been rocking a naked Amare avatar last season if I didn't forget to make it. Again, knicks age has never lost an avatar bet. Sure the Nets could end up with a better record than the Knicks but I'd say the reverse is just as likely. Never bet against a Knick fan, we have nothing to lose.

diehard

Fleer
I stop betting against the Knicks to make the playoffs. I'm sure they have their annual 8th seed locked up.

Melo in the playoffs? those bets have worked well for me.

Flash

Doesn't really make sense for chicago to make any movies this summer anyways... Rose is going to be out for (most of) the year so at this point this season is either a loss or a wasted effort. They need to tank as hard as possible and get rose some help via the draft. Then try to sign some guys to round up the roster.

You guys should be ecstatic they didn't match Asik's horrendous contract. And Hinrich signing was because they need someone at the pg.

Doesn't really make sense for chicago to make any movies this summer anyways... Rose is going to be out for (most of) the year so at this point this season is either a loss or a wasted effort. They need to tank as hard as possible and get rose some help via the draft. Then try to sign some guys to round up the roster.

You guys should be ecstatic they didn't match Asik's horrendous contract. And Hinrich signing was because they need someone at the pg.

Deng, Gibson, Noah isn't missing the playoffs in the East. Besides, Asik is a really good player and it's not like the Bulls will be stacked upfront once Boozer completely declines in a year or two.

I wonder if Anthony Davis can be great right away on defense as a rookie. Most rookies have horrible defensive impact despite their athleticism, but guys like Gibson and Asik and Rubio were great defenders from day one and massively improved their team's D. Asik and Rubio were pro players before the NBA and Gibson was a million years old when he left USC, but I still think Davis might be able to make a great impact on D. If he can, I think people are underrating the Hornets a ton...

Monty Williams is my favorite coach in the L right now, I think he's going to overachieve with that team.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
So seems like I got me a new job. Small startup, iOS, etc. Pretty happy about it :D

Heres the LOL part though, the game were making? A basketball RPG

:D

Lets do dis

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

This offseason's decisions weren't bad for what we could do, but the problem is that we know that the Bulls' Management won't ever go for the big splash. As stated above, they never go for it. EVER. Other than trying at the 2010 class, which everyone did, the Bulls never take a stab at a big move. Everyone says they overvalue their talent. No, they just like making a steady profit.

This is also why no superstars want to come to Chicago. Agents all know that management is cheap and won't try for the big splashes to get the team to the next level. Bulls could've traded Asik last season for an SG, and instead just let him walk. They should've seen it coming. Taj Gibson is next to be lost for nothing. And they won't trade him.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wonder if Anthony Davis can be great right away on defense as a rookie. Most rookies have horrible defensive impact despite their athleticism, but guys like Gibson and Asik and Rubio were great defenders from day one and massively improved their team's D. Asik and Rubio were pro players before the NBA and Gibson was a million years old when he left USC, but I still think Davis might be able to make a great impact on D. If he can, I think people are underrating the Hornets a ton...
When are you gonna join the Cult of Biyombo?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I agree the Hornets are going to be vastly improved this year assuming Gordon can stay healthy.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Congrats man.

And OKC Barons had better be the default team.

Thanks!

There WILL be a team named the Barons, that I can basically guarantee. Probably some other NBA GAF refs in there somewhere ;)

Since its such a small team, Ill be doing the art direction and another dude will be animating, were doing 2d sprites, so we gotta find a style we think will be dope. The prototype they have is full of old art that needs to be redone (it was going too much for the thug aesthetic, I think its safe to say that shit is done and over with now)

Thanks!

There WILL be a team named the Barons, that I can basically guarantee. Probably some other NBA GAF refs in there somewhere ;)

Since its such a small team, Ill be doing the art direction and another dude will be animating, were doing 2d sprites, so we gotta find a style we think will be dope. The prototype they have is full of old art that needs to be redone (it was going too much for the thug aesthetic, I think its safe to say that shit is done and over with now)

lensless glasses for everyone.

Raging Spaniard

That looks soooo bad, why start over from scratch if this is all you can do? Still looks like theyre using the same assets as before.

Very, very disappointing. Terrible animations, terrible physics, shits sliding all over the place, ugh.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I think my favorite part is the camera losing track of the ball when it went into the corner, making the guy shoot totally blind a couple times.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The best part is the animation of all of the players not holding the ball. Watch how the players move when on defense. So bad.

Anyone got a mirror for the live 13 video? Video was taken down.

Have you ever seen those Hockey board games that had handles to control each player? Google hockey board game, Live looks like that.

They nailed Westbrook's AI though, but for some reason they implemented it in every player.

Almost feeling bad for EA at this point. I really don't know if it's the engine or what it is but they just have no shot at even coming close to 2k's animation system. It's just such a monumental task for them to come close to matching what 2k has compiled this gen.

With that said we're all losing as gamers. 2K doesn't even pretend to try to get online working anymore and they don't have any competition in the basketball arena. Madden on the otherhand is sorely lacking 2k's touch, but EA doesn't have competition there either.

The good news is that I'm pretty sure EA's NFL exclusivity is set to expire in 2014, which is just in time for new consoles. Really hope they don't extend or that 2k outbids them.

Almost feeling bad for EA at this point. I really don't know if it's the engine or what it is but they just have no shot at even coming close to 2k's animation system. It's just such a monumental task for them to come close to matching what 2k has compiled this gen.

With that said we're all losing as gamers. 2K doesn't even pretend to try to get online working anymore and they don't have any competition in the basketball arena. Madden on the otherhand is sorely lacking 2k's touch, but EA doesn't have competition there either.

The good news is that I'm pretty sure EA's NFL exclusivity is set to expire in 2014, which is just in time for new consoles. Really hope they don't extend or that 2k outbids them.

I doubt EA ever loses exclusivity of the NFL license, they make way too much money off of Madden and I thought I remember reading that the NFL liked having only one publisher for their games.

that's fucked up, 2k.

relative question:
can i snipe all day?

Why are you so hell bent on doing something that you clearly are not good at?

All you do is camp and your KD is under 1....lol

It's long overdue but Madden looks fantastic this year. Unless something awful happens the online franchise mode looks extremely in depth.

They do more with their football franchise than 2k does with their NBA and if NFL 2k still existed it would probably end up being this way.

and LOL at 2k outbidding anybody in anything---and when they did have something exclusive (MLB, kinda) did you see what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom