• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
The last 2 pages were fantastic. Cats staying in shape during the off season...

I know it's summer league but donuts and plumlee look really impressive. Wish we could see them play each other.

GOmzv.gif

It's gonna be amazing. Best arc from the graphic novel incoming! That trailer was so good it gave me chills. Hoping they're gonna have another one for us between now and October.

Everybody looks like a fucking baus now, even that shitty little kid, Carl.

Hershel looks clutch as fuck.

SamuraiX-

Everybody looks like a fucking baus now, even that shitty little kid, Carl.

Hershel looks clutch as fuck.

Hell yeah. It looks like a lot of time passed or something. I love that they're making the appearances of all the characters as similar as possible to their graphic novel counterparts.

I'm still laughing about how T-Dog continues not to get any love. lol

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Barnes and MKG looked good, Klay is looking more and more legit.

Goudelock looked meh
Morris looked meh
Darius Earvin Magic Johnson-Lamar Odom was meh but looks like he could become a decent role player.
MKG looked good? Great to hear that the Bobcats drafted well. Shame about Lock, but hopefully, the Lakers won't need him much this year.

Thanks for the help.

etiolate

Banned
I stopped at Issue #90. Need to pick up Volume 16.

yessir

And I just realized what Jimmer needs. He needs a Jeremy Lin type emergence moment. Like where he just says "fuck everything" and just plays.

Yeah, I'll go with that.

Jimmer saying just fuck it and doing his thing means jacking up 30 shots a game on a team featuring Cousins and Tyreke.

He's not ready to die yet. Hell, he just got his first wife.

benjipwns

Banned
Metta WorldPeace ‏@MettaWorldPeace
Sponge bob , I'm so sorry but your friends are delicious pic.twitter.com/MtmpZwOl

I just saw a monk with air force ones and a white tee on . Is that legal?

I just saw a black guy with 10 pieces of watermelon and fried chicken Am I a black racist vs black people? Or just an ass hole?

I got some cool jokes but I think yal sensitive I'll just stop tweeting

Matter fact. Sponge bob If u mad that me n ur friends got beef ,aka mussels, I'll b n the bridge Holla pic.twitter.com/T7hG8wQB
AxvtmplCEAA1CVq.jpg

Gabyskra

Banned
Did you guys catch Kemba Walker saying that still counted as a meaningful win? Does he realize that they played 80% of their starting 5, against one of the worst teams in the league, which despite that played without Tyreke Evans, Isaiah Thomas, Demarcus Cousins, Marcus Thornton and Jason Thompson? Come on. Lolcats.

Did you guys catch Kemba Walker saying that still counted as a meaningful win? Does he realize that they played 80% of their starting 5, against one of the worst teams in the league, which despite that played without Tyreke Evans, Isaiah Thomas, Demarcus Cousins, Marcus Thornton and Jason Thompson? Come on. Lolcats.

It's a psychological win man, you kinda need those when you're coming off a 7 win season.

Ariza got a huge contract considering his worth.

I doubt he has any regrets about it.
Because we signed arrest, Ariza lost his leverage and was offered the same money we offered him. His contract is no bigger from opting out. He's just being bounced around the worst teams now.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So the Trailblazers went after Phil Jackson and Jerry Sloan.

That's funny.

I wonder how long Phil held out laughing at Olshey.

linsivvi

They just beat a team that won more than 3 times as many games as they did last season.

Small steps.

Reave

I think it's more of a confidence thing for them, and I'm glad they're trying to be confident.

Obviously there's a lack of talent in most of the summer league rosters, but imagine what we would have been saying if the Bobcats went winless here too.

Good for them for feeling good.

Blackface

Banned
The NBA is becoming a fucking joke. You can already tell rookie of the year is shapping up to have only certain guys in the running. This after one fucking day of the vegas summer league.

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Nowhere on that ladder is Terrence Ross. Who out played every single guard on the list. All the other guards either A) Shot the ball only or B) drove. Ross drove, and shot from all over the floor and finished with over 20 points, while the guys he guarded finished with 2 and 0.

The NBA is becoming a fucking joke. You can already tell rookie of the year is shapping up to have only certain guys in the running. This after one fucking day of the vegas summer league.

Nowhere on that ladder is Terrence Ross. Who out played every single guard on the list. All the other guards either A) Shot the ball only or B) drove. Ross drove, and shot from all over the floor and finished with over 20 points, while the guys he guarded finished with 2 and 0.

High draft picks + guys who had dominant games getting the top spots isn't that surprising. You really think the NBA is biased towards Tornike Shengelia?

Relax.

giga

Never heard of him.

Blackface

Banned
High draft picks + guys who had dominant games getting the top spots isn't that surprising. You really think the NBA is biased towards Tornike Shengelia?

No. I think the NBA is biased towards certain teams, so they don't bother watching them.

Webber thought Terrence Ross was a European player we drafted from overseas.

Meanwhile Ross is an American, who has never been to Europe, played multiple season in the NCAA, led the NIT tournament in scoring and was a lottery pick.

Gabyskra

Banned
No. I think the NBA is biased towards certain teams, so they don't bother watching them.

Meanwhile Ross is an American, who has never been to Europe, played multiple season in the NCAA, led the NIT tournament in scoring and was a lottery pick.

Keep fighting the good fight. Nothing worse than people overlooking your team's first summer league game.

Flash

why should anyone give a shit about the Raptors up until this point? And I don't blame Webber for guessing he was a euro... seeing that has been the case for the majority of our draft picks and FA signings in the BC era. I don't blame Raptor's irrelevancy on anyone but Colangelo. What a colossal failure lol how he still has a job is beyond me.

Fortunately this team looks like its finally heading in the right direction...and with that will come some respect from the media and fans.

J.R. kinda just threw Lin under the bus here

J.R. Smith is eager to play in the same unit as Jason Kidd, even if that means coming off the Knicks' bench this season.

"Wherever J-Kidd is, that’s where I want to be," said Smith. "It’s open shots all day. Our job is to make them. With J-Kidd, he’s finding everybody. Not only is he going to help myself and [Steve] Novak, he’s going to help our bigs." Smith may start at SG with Iman Shumpert (knee) rehabbing and Landry Fields possibly leaving to play with the Raptors, but either way he'll play solid minutes alongside Kidd.

No wonder Lin wants out.

Omega

Banned

It's week 1 of Summer League.

Relax bro

What? Who did Terrance Ross guard because Jeremy Lamb had three less points in six less minutes. Dont get me wrong Ross looked good, but i dont know where these defensive stats came from.

benjipwns

Banned
The NBA is becoming a fucking joke. You can already tell rookie of the year is shapping up to have only certain guys in the running.
Thankfully this has never happened before and no rookie has ever gotten a near unanimous vote despite having an inferior year to someone else!

squicken

J.R. kinda just threw Lin under the bus here

No wonder Lin wants out.

When Lin did his initial deal with HOU I kind of thought Morey screwed him over by getting such a reasonable deal. NYK was going to match whatever he negotiated, so why play hardball? If Lin means so much to the Knicks then they can pay him for that extra interest he garners. In no way is the current deal a reflection of basketball value, no matter how much HOU supposedly needs a PG

As far as NYK "screwing" HOU by taking the full 3 days, I'm sure HOU knew that would be the response to their actions

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
When Lin did his initial deal with HOU I kind of thought Morey screwed him over by getting such a reasonable deal. NYK was going to match whatever he negotiated, so why play hardball? If Lin means so much to the Knicks then they can pay him for that extra interest he garners. In no way is the current deal a reflection of basketball value, no matter how much HOU supposedly needs a PG

As far as NYK "screwing" HOU by taking the full 3 days, I'm sure HOU knew that would be the response to their actions

Houston increased the final year by 5 million after everybody on the Knicks were yapping about how they would match no matter what so Morey decided to fuck em over.

Lin would be better off in Houston then he would be in New York but the Knicks ain't going to lose that money train so it's for naught.

Houston increased the final year by 5 million after everybody on the Knicks were yapping about how they would match no matter what so Morey decided to fuck em over.

Lin would be better off in Houston then he would be in New York but the Knicks ain't going to lose that money train so it's for naught.

How you figure?

squicken

That final year was a partial guarantee, and now it's full. And from what I've read NYK will be in both cap and tax hell the last year of the deal. So it is now a legitimate poison pill. Where earlier it was a no brainer they'd match, they'll now at least think on it a little.

People in HOU seem to think all the rumors are coming from neither HOU or ORL. There's no reason for ORL to leak terms that would never be agreed to. It would just make them look bad when the final deal was less than what was floated. So it's a third party who doesn't want that trade to happen. Could be Howard's agent, the Nets, the Lakers, or ATL. Going to be awhile either way

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How you figure?

Wouldn't have the burden of unrealistic expectations that Knicks fans inexplicably put on him. Would actually run an offense instead of Melo Iso enabled by Woodson all game long. Would be on a squad full of athletic guys and well if they get Dwight then that helps too.

Wouldn't have the burden of unrealistic expectations that Knicks fans inexplicably put on him. Would actually run an offense instead of Melo Iso enabled by Woodson all game long. Would be on a squad full of athletic guys and well if they get Dwight then that helps too.
when he was playing with woodson he was running the offense. you also act like he is that great.chalmers shut him down.

lin would have insane expectations no matter where he goes, especially with the ridic offers being thrown at him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom