• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Dwight > Bynum isn't that huge of a drop in the context of this team. Bynum was great in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight's numbers as a Laker would be identical to Bynum's current #s. There's not enough shots to go around like in Orlando where he's the focal point. He's not gonna put up 20+ppg in LA and he's not gonna get as many boards. People are looking at Dwight's insane Orlando #s and importance to his team and thinking all that will translate over to LA. He won't be the focal point in LA, far from it. He'd put up Bynum-ish #s with worse FT shooting and liability at the end of the game. That's why I don't think it's necessary.

lol

thekad

Banned
Friend's birthday party but I kind of want to stay home and watch tonight's summer league games. Is there something wrong with me?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...ton-celtics-lose-ray-allen-miami-heat-left-us

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said Saturday that he wasn't surprised by Ray Allen's decision to sign with the rival Miami Heat, but stressed that Boston wanted the veteran sharpshooter back and that it was ultimately Allen's decision to depart.

"I don't feel like we lost Ray, I feel like Ray left us to go to Miami," said Ainge. "We appreciate all that Ray's done, and all that him and (Allen's wife) Shannon have done in our community. We tried to get Ray back; he chose to go to Miami."

danny-ainge.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Friend's birthday party but I kind of want to stay home and watch tonight's summer league games. Is there something wrong with me?

Summer League may as well be preseason for Bobcats and Rockets fans

lil deb aint remotely good looking.
that's no woman. she's a little girl hiding her insecurities with her over the top haircut, makeup and stupid hipster outfits.

Vyer

Knicks 'not happy' with Lin and the Rockets. Even in his shittiest offseason yet Morey finds a way to fuck with NY.

Also, I'm ready for Donuts-Lamb future

What kinda models you dating where lil deb isn't remotely good looking? I'd eat that ass all day.

i like my women refined, like fine wine. el naturale.
rachel mcAdams, Charlize Theron, Natalie Portman

plus i live in orange county. girls dressing and looking like deby are a dime a dozen.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LOL at the Knicks being pissed at the Rockets and Morey

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dwight > Bynum isn't that huge of a drop in the context of this team. Bynum was great in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight's numbers as a Laker would be identical to Bynum's current #s. There's not enough shots to go around like in Orlando where he's the focal point. He's not gonna put up 20+ppg in LA and he's not gonna get as many boards. People are looking at Dwight's insane Orlando #s and importance to his team and thinking all that will translate over to LA. He won't be the focal point in LA, far from it. He'd put up Bynum-ish #s with worse FT shooting and liability at the end of the game. That's why I don't think it's necessary.

LMAO soooooo good

squicken

LOL at the Knicks being pissed at the Rockets and Morey

I'm just not sure how much of these sources are flat out made up. The FOs of both teams are professionals and not faux tough guys like Portland's people.

The Rockets have conducted business with the Knicks multiple times in the past few years. It makes business sense for HOU just as much as NY to sign Lin. Waiting the full 3 days to match is just good team building procedure. NY may not be planning to sign anyone or make a trade, but why give up that small advantage it has with HOU having a cap hold?

Pimpwerx

How much did the Heat really improve? Think about it. Rashard Lewis isn't even worth mentioning, he's that bad now. So they got Ray Allen, a really nice pick-up but odds are he'll be injured and who knows how that'll work out sharing shots between 4 guys like that, it's not a guarantee.

Steve Nash on the other hand is one of the biggest gets ever. He's team-changing, he's got such a huge impact on your team. It's no comparison IMO (in terms of improvements in the off-season), Lakers are a better team now. They probably would've took the heat to 6 or 7 games last year and that's without Nash.
Ray's probably gonna knock Miller out of the rotation. The guard rotation is gonna be Wade, Rio, Allen, Cole, Miller, Jones, in that order. Cole and Chalmers are gonna lose minutes, as will Wade. I don't think it's about splitting up shots, really, because Ray's looks will come off kickouts. If teams aren't giving him open looks, it means someone else is open somewhere.

I'm not worried about Lewis. Last season was a statistical outlier, which supports the argument that he was injured. He's also stated clearly that he needs to get stronger and maybe a little bigger, so he's hitting the weight room hard. I read between the lines there and assume he's getting back to his roids and regaining some of his old form. That's good enough. His shots are gonna be those open looks Haslem bricked all year. Shard is at least good enough to hit an open shot.

We're reigning champs and we just upgraded. Worst case scenario, we swapped Juwan for Shard and Turiaf for Ray. We could replace Eddy and Terrel should be easy to upgrade as well. Lakers got better too. I don't think it helps them much against us or the Thunder. OKC's strength is still LA's weakness, and they're perfectly capable of defending Nash's attack. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom