• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
The Kings are coming to Virginia o_O

DA FUCK

Virginia Beach can't support a professional team. Every professional team that comes to Richmond folds within 3 years. We had one of the first women pro basketball teams and the WNBA bodied them out of existence. I don't like this at all. I bet we have to pay for the stadium too :(

but fuck all that

3x3 world championships started today.
http://greece2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/3x3/wc/p/team-search.html

Team USA's beat player is Skylar Diggins :(
The Virginia beach/Norfolk Metro area is bigger than New Orleans, Milwaukee, OKC, Salt lake and Memphis. (and Richmond)

Walker and Shaq carried Wade to a ring

antoine-tbj01.gif

so Zeke Thomas is legendary for being a dick on and off the floor, (to say nothing of his coaching and management "abilities") but the more I read about his feud with Magic the less I think of Earvin. Dude comes off as a manipulative snake who smiles in your face, then stabs you in the back.

One side of the ledger we have Thomas asking around if Magic is gay after the HiV announcement....even though Thomas supported Magic playing in the all star game, hugs him during it, while that stand up character Karl Malone makes public that he doesnt wanna be on the same court as Earvin.

on the other side of the ledger we have Earvin:
Not letting Zeke use the Laker medical facilities to treat his sprained ankle.
Freezing Thomas, the second or third best point man ever, out of a once in a lifetime opportunity to join the dream team.
Writing a book that gloats about it....
Bird was right. Magic is a conman. better a dick than a fraud.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
so Zeke Thomas is legendary for being a dick on and off the floor, (to say nothing of his coaching and management "abilities") but the more I read about his feud with Magic the less I think of Earvin. Dude comes off as a manipulative snake who smiles in your face, then stabs you in the back.

One side of the ledger we have Thomas asking around if Magic is gay after the HiV announcement....even though Thomas supported Magic playing in the all star game, hugs him during it, while that stand up character Karl Malone makes public that he doesnt wanna be on the same court as Earvin.

on the other side of the ledger we have Earvin:
Not letting Zeke use the Laker medical facilities to treat his sprained ankle.
Freezing Thomas, the second or third best point man ever, out of a once in a lifetime opportunity to join the dream team.
Writing a book that gloats about it....
Bird was right. Magic is a conman. better a dick than a fraud.

Everything in the bolder part is incorrect

Mark Price and Kevin Johnson were also considered by most people to be better than Isiah by 1992.

It would have been a lifetime achievement award and assholes don't get lifetime achievement awards.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
the dude wrote a book about it, admitting he was a "co-conspirator" with michael.
also, a team with Christian Laettner and Bird at the end of his career is a team with room for Zeke.

Mike pretty much said he would walk if Zeke was on the team...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The Virginia beach/Norfolk Metro area is bigger than New Orleans, Milwaukee, OKC, Salt lake and Memphis. (and Richmond)

full of a bunch of fairweather sailors that won't be around during the lottery era but become lifelongs when they get stationed here.

i see that.

Mark Price and Kevin Johnson were also considered by most people to be better than Isiah by 1992.

It would have been a lifetime achievement award and assholes don't get lifetime achievement awards.

no more a dick than Mike. and I dont know that he takes the Bad Boys to two NBA titles if he isnt the kind of person he is.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I have family in Norfolk, it's not all sailors I think they could support a team.

I know.
I'm mad tho.

The biggest achievement Richmond had was getting the Wizards to hold training camp here. Not even sure if they're still doing that since they got the Redskins to hold their camp here. We're a c-tier town in a b-tier state :(

This city been fighting for 6 years about a baseball stadium for a minor league team...minor league baseball team...let that sink in for a while.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Careful what you say. Zeke may or may not be still running the Knicks 'shadow front office.'

Jordan got one?

michael-jordan-hall-of-fame-speech.jpg

Oh I think he is still a "consultant" with a lot of pull there

Also MJ's Hall of fame speech was one of the greatest displays of an assholery since Kanye told taylor swift she was just aight on stage.

Nike did such a great job creating this public persona for MJ. I mean there were rumors he was an asshole and people would talk about it in interviews but actually witnessing it was amazing.

The Kings are coming to Virginia o_O

DA FUCK

Virginia Beach can't support a professional team. Every professional team that comes to Richmond folds within 3 years. We had one of the first women pro basketball teams and the WNBA bodied them out of existence. I don't like this at all. I bet we have to pay for the stadium too :(

Be scared Virginia! Broke as owners want to come to your town. They shouldn't even be owning a team anymore but it's the last symbol of status they got left.

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11669560&cp=3045636.11172994
Watch your favorite NBA player drain threes from the arc while you wear his colors! The adidas Revolution 30 Replica red Andrew Bynum jersey features a reverse dunk flat-back mesh construction, and it's decorated with screen-printed team graphics and his name and number 33. An updated jock tag and back neck taping are also displayed. Buy your road Andrew Bynum Philadelphia 76ers jersey from the official store of the NBA.

lol

Doug will go home and be family man again.

Bynum.

Afroswag.

No Meeks to contain Turner's bitchassness.

Jrue trying to get paaaaaiiid.

JRich gonna fuck someone's wife.

and then there is Kwame.

O’L: Is the installation at least in part because you have guys who have been system players? Kobe, Pau et al? You know system basketball is something they’re comfortable with?

MB: “Yes, that is part of it. This team is built that way, and because they’re built that way, because they’re used to it, I think it will help them out at the end of the day.”

LO’L: How does the Princeton work with having someone like Nash? As is my understanding, it’s not as much a heavy pick-and-roll offense, but more motion and ball movement.

MB: “The way that we’ll put it together, Steve’s going to have an opportunity -- he’s going to quarterback the team -- and so he’s going to have an opportunity to come down the floor every possession and in early offense play pick-and-roll if he wants to. It’s up to him, based on where he decides to take the ball or a call that he makes or an action that he does, it’s up to him to get us into some of the looks of the Princeton offense.

“So again, with him quarterbacking, or making that decision, he’ll still have a chance to get the ball back after he moves or after bodies move. I don’t want to completely give away what we’re trying to do, but in a nutshell, he will have an opportunity to play pick-and-roll at the beginning of almost every play set coming down the floor in early offense. And if not, he can also choose to get to some of the looks out of the Princeton by making a pass or doing an action or doing a call or whatever.”

LO’L: I know you’re a defensive-minded coach, but when you think about the aesthetics of what the offense could look like, the amount of options available to you, I suspect it’s been hard to stop smiling.

MB: “And that’s what’s exciting. The versatility that we do have it gives us the ability to do a lot of different things. We don’t want to give too much, especially early on, and then in the same breath as the season goes along we’re going to learn from them based on who they are individually and as a unit.

“I feel like I have a nice foundation, or a nice mix, in mind to give the team when you talk about combining some of the stuff that we did last year with some of the Princeton stuff that Eddie did in Washington, and then kind of going from there.“

Translation: "Steve Nash will decide when we run the Princeton offense...this can possibly be after he tires of reaming defenses with multiple PnRs with D12, Kobe, Pau."

jbug617

Banned
I thought everybody knew about MJ was the reason why Isiah wasn't on the Dream Team.

I heard some where that Isiah would say that Magic would talk trash behind Bird's back and that Magic really didn't like Bird.

giri

Translation: "Steve Nash will decide when we run the Princeton offense...this can possibly be after he tires of reaming defenses with multiple PnRs with D12, Kobe, Pau."

I think the translation is

"we were going to run the princeton because i learnt about it over the summer and it's the only offensive system i know. Now with steve, i'm just going to let him run the offense."

I think the translation is

"we were going to run the princeton because i learnt about it over the summer and it's the only offensive system i know. Now with steve, i'm just going to let him run the offense."

Translation:

"I'll play Steve 39 MPG through the regular season and then wonder why he's not that good during the playoffs"

sixers should have found a way to keep lou. That would be a formidable team.

As much as I like Afroswag (for all the wrong reasons...dude is an awful basketball player), I do kinda wish we would have kept Lou.

But it seems like we are trying to kill that era...which means Thad is next. And Lou needed to go to get Turner consistent minutes to prove himself.

If anything comes out of this season, we will finally know if Turner sucks or not...

Nobody left to "hold him back".

BUT considering Royal Ivey is our only other ballhandler (unless Malik Wayns makes the team...and he's a rookie ...so lolno playing time). Keeping Lou would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom