• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

they said cost and expectations. Are you denying that JJ is overpaid? Also Bynum cost Philly its best player in that trade and has already made it known he wants Max as well. Felton, Beasly, and Crawford are roleplayers with roleplayer salaries. The only reason Felton is on that list is due to Lin leaving.

http://i.imgur.com/Xwq60.png

hey he slimmed down and has six weeks before camp even starts.

Iguodola and 76ers had to split up, things just seemed way to comfortable. Iguodola was falling into mediocrity pretty quickly and 76ers were on pace to becoming a treadmill 7th and 8th seed team.

Bynum could change things up big time seeing that he's the second most dominant center in the game (with a much more polished offensive game than Dwight). You can actually build around him. If he's up for the challenge, they could easily contend for a top seed if they find the right pieces. And if he doesn't work out then he'll be gone next year and they can head in another direction without a huge contract limiting their flexibility.

Iguodola on the other hand is in a new setting with a lot of good pieces. I expect him to be rejuvenated and have a very good season. Not really a guy you should build around but an great piece to have.

lmao MJ was never going to be close to the big leagues

I still remember being a kid and feeling like that was the end of basketball as I knew it. then my babysitter slapped me straight/farted in my face into becoming a Heat fan, not a Jordanphile

thekad

Banned
That 30 for 30 documentary seemed to indicate that he was headed toward at least moderate success if he continued his baseball "career."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I still remember being a kid and feeling like that was the end of basketball as I knew it. then my babysitter slapped me straight/farted in my face into becoming a Heat fan, not a Jordanphile
Heat fans were sexual abused as children

You are brave for sharing

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...eat-chris-bosh-lakers-s082412,0,5448454.story

"As soon as the deal happened, my brain went 100 miles an hour to another place, far away from here," the Miami Heat forward said Friday during a radio appearance on WQAM.

"The Lakers, I think, right now, I mean on paper, they probably have the best team in the West and probably the league right now," he said. "On paper. I'm saying on paper. But it's a lot, a lot, it's a long season. And the best team always isn't the one who starts out the season as the best team.

"We know we're the champs, but we have to start off from scratch. We have a lot of chemistry building to do. And we have to come out there and we have to start over. We know favorites and all that stuff really doesn't matter."

Well it's good to see potential complacency get killed.

Heat fans were sexual abused as children

You are brave for sharing

He taught 7 year old ph33nix about Playboy and Busta Rhymes and Tupac Shakur, I owe him a lot...except for the farts

SUPREME1

Banned
That 30 for 30 documentary seemed to indicate that he was headed toward at least moderate success if he continued his baseball "career."

ESPN doing what they do.

For what it's worth, there's a video on Youtube of MJ having a solid game against the Cubs.

Went 2/5, with an RBI.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
FREE LOVINGSTEAM

Ace, is there anyway his ban can shortened so that he can at least be around for opening night of the NBA season? He puts in as much work into keeping this thread alive as anyone.

Guy isn't mean spirited or bitter like others on GAF. He goofs around and plays the part, but he does it to keep this place lively. It's entertainment. He's a cool guy.

Granted, I don't know what he did to get banned, but I'm willing to bet it was more about him being a goofball (which is annoying to some in this thread) and not about him being an asshole.

/Ace pls

I'd even be willing to bite the bullet for him. And I know I shouldn't do this, but fuck it...

If you bring him back a month(or so) early so that he's around for NBA opening night, I'd be willing to be banned for a month leading up to opening night.

Two Laker clowns (as some would say) simultaneously gone for an entire month before the season starts? I know there are several people who'd like to see that.

What do you say?
That was beautiful..

But no can do.. I have been to bat for him, and he continues to troll Nintendo fans like it is a sport.. I like him and want him here as I want all my nba brothers and sisters... But this is something he did to himself, willingly...

SUPREME1

Banned
That was beautiful..

But no can do.. I have been to bat for him, and he continues to troll Nintendo fans like it is a sport.. I like him and want him here as I want all my nba brothers and sisters... But this is something he did to himself, willingly...

Fair enough.

SUPREME1

Banned
Well... You after your babysitter experience

since you're the resident virgin, i nominate you.

Lmao. So which one is you?

124850_two-comic-fans-pose-as-phoenix-and-dark-phoenix-from-the-dark-phoenix-saga-during-comic-con-internat.jpg

Phoenix cosplay

Also,

Apple just wrecked Samsung in the patent battle verdict.

US$1.5B+

was the bad perimeter defense a result of okc's bad perimeter defense or a product of miami's offensive strategy? i didn't watch much of anything of the regular season but i heard miami's % from the 3 point line was terrible so I wouldn't think that their offense was designed around getting their main 3 point guys open(but that's like basic basketball strategy,right?). with the addition of ray allen(he's awesome at 3 pointers, right?) should miami be deadly from the 3 point line or will he just get the shots he gets(you get what i'm saying).

giri

FREE LOVINGSTEAM

Ace, is there anyway his ban can shortened so that he can at least be around for opening night of the NBA season? He puts in as much work into keeping this thread alive as anyone.

Guy isn't mean spirited or bitter like others on GAF. He goofs around and plays the part, but he does it to keep this place lively. It's entertainment. He's a cool guy.

Granted, I don't know what he did to get banned, but I'm willing to bet it was more about him being a goofball (which is annoying to some in this thread) and not about him being an asshole.

/Ace pls

I'd even be willing to bite the bullet for him. And I know I shouldn't do this, but fuck it...

If you bring him back a month(or so) early so that he's around for NBA opening night, I'd be willing to be banned for a month leading up to opening night.

Two Laker clowns (as some would say) simultaneously gone for an entire month before the season starts? I know there are several people who'd like to see that.

What do you say?

he got banned because he constantly trolls nintendo threads. guy is lucky it's not perm .

if people did it in nba - age we'd want them banned.

Troll

Banned
So I have been crunching some numbers for the last month or so, I have come to the conclusion that the Jazz will win the title next year.

Suck it NBA!!!

I mean look at our big four? No one can compete!

02847549cdfe562a6af7d8b8a49881e8.jpg

THRILLH0

Banned

There's a difference?

aaa-rafters-michael-jordan-number-retired-by-miami-heat.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
One's man shoe sniffer is another mans volleyball teammate...

Really though I don't see what's wrong with some R&R with cute girls.

Wasn't Jeffrey going to the big leagues before the strike? Doesn't sound like a failed baseball player.

Jefferson was a failed attempt by the MLB to get him to cross the picket line and fuck the MLBPA.

He was nothing more than a potential bargaining ploy.

He would have gotten slaughtered by actual MLB pitching.

The 30 for 30 says as much as I just did.

He was a bargaining ploy.

T Dollarz

wtf? in what world is this close? I don't give a shit what circumstances there are, Pau shits on Marion.

Sometimes I laugh at how unappreciative Laker fans are of Pau. Dude's the reason you have two rings post Shaq.

Yeah, Marion was a dynamic player no doubt and a great athlete, but all his plays were spoonfed to him by MVP level Nash. Pau is a legit low post scorer in a league that has about two or three of these... including him.

Man, Roy Jones' hand speed in his prime is a thing of beauty. I hate that he's gone on to make a fool of himself ten times over and water down his legacy. Kobe doin it the right way, get out before you humiliate yourself. (or in his case, surround yourself with talent that hides the deficiencies of your age)

Puddles

Banned
Man, Roy Jones' hand speed in his prime is a thing of beauty. I hate that he's gone on to make a fool of himself ten times over and water down his legacy. Kobe doin it the right way, get out before you humiliate yourself. (or in his case, surround yourself with talent that hides the deficiencies of your age)

Celtics Shaq was such a goddamn disgrace, and for two reasons.

That was fantastic, too. That scene where they are reminiscing out on the balcony is damn good.

So much going on under the surface in that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom