• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're paying it to Landry Fields, it sure as shit is.

It's 2 year @ $6 mil then year 3 he's a phat expiring trade chip if it doesn't work out. It's not a good deal, but it was a bad deal made for a purpose and it won't be crippling. And who knows, maybe he's the next Doug Christie and he kinda makes it look alright?

Bwah ha ha like the Knicks are any more relevant. You realize this year makes 40 right? I guess you made the finals that year of the lockout.

You're acting like every NBA is team winning championships. You can attribute most of the championships in NBA history to a handful of teams. So, you're really ain't saying nothing. Just another clown trolling, trying to antagonize Knicks fans.

Yo reilo, I was all up in your city today, taking pics of your stuff.

JQxFG.jpg

Dude, that area leading to the Rose Garden is shady as fuck...Vancouver St. I think it was.

Well, at least I know how to get there now.

I'll be cruising down for some games this season.

squicken

Signing Lin is dumb for HOU but would be abject stupidity for the Knicks if they match. The structure of that final year is horrible for them. Curious how Lin and Asik on the books would affect Howard talks. Might stop Hennigan from asking for things he could never have anyway. Or kill the deal

Emwitus

Lin carried that team on his back. I don't care about the small sample size, if you watched the games you knew he belonged. Even after teams started focusing on him he still put up good numbers, dude can play. Knicks didn't dodge a bullet, they took one up the ass. He's gonna do really well in Houston, even with that D-league supporting cast.

Yes, he is. Stop trying to act like you know a lot about basketball by saying he's not a starter. He's definitely a starter, look at the numbers.

It's funny how knicks fans went from savior amare to melo and now Lin.

Signing Lin is dumb for HOU but would be abject stupidity for the Knicks if they match. The structure of that final year is horrible for them. Curious how Lin and Asik on the books would affect Howard talks. Might stop Hennigan from asking for things he could never have anyway. Or kill the deal

We can only take back one bad contract instead of five. I actually think Lin helps us a little. Asik is only okay if we can't land dwight.

masud

Banned
I just don't get it. After 20 years of over spending and ignoring the cap we decide to be frugal now? Where was this attitude when we traded for old ass Glen Rice? When we traded Ewing for more contracts instead of letting him retire a Knick? When we were handing out lottery picks like candy? When we traded an entire basketball team for Carmello fucking Anthony? This team isn't winning shit. With or without Lin, everybody knows it. But the kid is only 23 and he has the potential to be really good. That hope was one of the only things I had to be happy about. I'm fucking salty right now.

I just don't get it. After 20 years of over spending and ignoring the cap we decide to be frugal now? Where was this attitude when we traded for old ass Glen Rice? When we traded Ewing for more contracts instead of letting him retire a Knick? When we were handing out lottery picks like candy? When we traded an entire basketball team for Carmello fucking Anthony? This team isn't winning shit. With or without Lin, everybody knows it. But the kid is only 23 and he has the potential to be really good. That hope was one of the only things I had to be happy about. I'm fucking salty right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Melo and/or Amare had some influence in sending Lin packing.

its not confirmed yet. we just got the sheet and have 72 hours to match

most likely felton is just a backup.

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT
Kidd is 39. Lin is unproven over full season. Is it unreasonable to think NY would sign Felton as mere insurance, not as Lin replacement?

its not confirmed yet. we just got the sheet and have 72 hours to match

most likely felton is just a backup.

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT
Kidd is 39. Lin is unproven over full season. Is it unreasonable to think NY would sign Felton as mere insurance, not as Lin replacement?

Felton gunna have a chip the size of the fucking trade centers on his shoulder this season.

lol suddenly all the ny beatwriters backtracking. jump off a cliff useless fucks.

typical media sniffing each others crotches and swapping.

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Sorry to all you "haters" out there but I think what Knicks did tonight makes sense. They are win-now & Lin has zero playoff experience

I don't know what's the more interesting thought in this quote.

1. The Knicks think they can win playoff games
2. Raymond Felton will help them do this

masud

Banned

You're talking out your ass. The Knicks are gonna have 3 million dollars to sign a player in 2014 whether Lin is on the books or not. Unless the Knicks are planning on breaking up the "big" 3 the only thing Lins deal is doing is costing them more money.

A source close to the process told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Knicks officially received the offer sheet Saturday night, meaning they have until 11:59 p.m. ET Tuesday to match it or let Lin go to the Rockets.

A source close to the process told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Knicks officially received the offer sheet Saturday night, meaning they have until 11:59 p.m. ET Tuesday to match it or let Lin go to the Rockets.

FUCKKKKKKK

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

His signing is 100% about marketing.

squicken

You're talking out your ass. The Knicks are gonna have 3 million dollars to sign a player in 2014 whether Lin is on the books or not. Unless the Knicks are planning on breaking up the "big" 3 the only thing Lins deal is doing is costing them more money.

Well you follow the Knicks more than me so if you say it's a good idea I won't argue

All I have to say is....

1-877-KARS-4-KIDS

K-A-R-S KARS FOR KIDS

1-877-KARS-4-KIDS

DONATE YOUR HCUWHCVIUBDHUIBDHUdhaswOFIHdaofihdsogidhsgoidh2r8ry2489tyh`3r21y43

WHY, sports radio, WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

NOOOOOOOO BUTTERFREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GODDAMIT I'M CRYING

or when he let Charizard go...man, Ash was a dumb sonofabitch.

fuck ash, seriously. "bills PC" was there for a reason, damnit!

Is it confirmed that we received the offer sheet? Grunwald is crafty...

yep:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Jeremy Lin clock did eventually, officially start tonight after all the, uh, delays. NYK have until 11:59 PM TUES to match on Lin. Or pass

squicken

Also told Rockets, even if they unexpectedly land Lin AND Omer Asik, still think they've got Dwight trade offers (yes, plural) to please ORL

fuck ash, seriously. "bills PC" was there for a reason, damnit!

yep:

Jeremy Lin clock did eventually, officially start tonight after all the, uh, delays. NYK have until 11:59 PM TUES to match on Lin. Or pass

Ash is a lot different in the magna. Well his name is Red.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Also told Rockets, even if they unexpectedly land Lin AND Omer Asik, still think they've got Dwight trade offers (yes, plural) to please ORL

Still don't want Asik bleh

Rockets getting owned by a fat guy in summer league

Magic are totally going to want Lamb after watching him in summer league so far :(

masud

Banned
Well you follow the Knicks more than me so if you say it's a good idea I won't argue

If it was my money I would think diffrently, but as a fan who only cares about the moves the Knicks can potentially make it doesn't matter at all. And as a fan of a team that historically throws around money (often to the detriment of roster flexability) this shit makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom