• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knicks the fucking Harrison Ford of the NBA.

harrison-ford-old.jpg

Old old old old old old old.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Dude, that area leading to the Rose Garden is shady as fuck...Vancouver St. I think it was.

Well, at least I know how to get there now.

I'll be cruising down for some games this season.

There ain't really any part of this town I'd call shady as fuck, not compared to say Chicago, LA, or Detroit.

I just don't get it. After 20 years of over spending and ignoring the cap we decide to be frugal now? Where was this attitude when we traded for old ass Glen Rice? When we traded Ewing for more contracts instead of letting him retire a Knick? When we were handing out lottery picks like candy? When we traded an entire basketball team for Carmello fucking Anthony? This team isn't winning shit. With or without Lin, everybody knows it. But the kid is only 23 and he has the potential to be really good. That hope was one of the only things I had to be happy about. I'm fucking salty right now.

The penalties for being over the cap are going to get more and more crippling in the next few seasons. Even they Lakers are feeling the effects of this. they are basically going all in, spending as much money as they can the next 2 years before blowing it all up.

squicken

Still don't want Asik bleh

Rockets getting owned by a fat guy in summer league

I know it's summer league but I really haven't seen much from Royce. I'm just looking for guys to flash a little ability, and Donuts and Lamb have had their moments. Royce looks really meh

Owzers

im not sure how i feel either way about this Lin situation

Same. I have problems with the Knicks in general though. Trying to run Lin with Melo is crazy, not having Kidd/Chandler on the court together is also crazy. Paying Lin that much money based solely on a hot streak followed by getting embarrassed by the Heat and then getting injured and not bothering to play in the playoffs...is kind of crazy too. I'd want Lin coming off the bench and for less money, but neither of those things will happen so i don't really care if he comes back.

giga

@fivethirtyeight MSG stock has gained ~$600m in market cap since Lin's first start. Skeptical they'd let him go

like really
If Knicks care about their cap and signing better players, it'd make sense to not sign Lin for that offer sheet. They're already deep in the books with their three other max contracts.

If they don't care about winning and are in it for the outside money though, then yeah.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I know it's summer league but I really haven't seen much from Royce. I'm just looking for guys to flash a little ability, and Donuts and Lamb have had their moments. Royce looks really meh

Lamb has been real good in both games (Magic gonna take him :( ), Donuts is to be expected *needs to adjust more (im sure he will be all over the place like Yao was his first year with his game* and he just flat out sucked tonight*

Royce is a straight up project and has looked meh like you said... his ft's are nasty. Jones has looked better than I thought he would.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Is this the first time in Knicks history that they decided not to overpay for potential?

apana

apana can go eat a sack of baby dicks for all I care.

Hey relax ok, I didn't mean to disrespect Felton. That is all I literally know about him. I even said that he had a good season with Knicks just like Lin did.

@fivethirtyeight MSG stock has gained ~$600m in market cap since Lin's first start. Skeptical they'd let him go

like really

I don't post in here since my basketball knowledge isn't that deep, but just wanted to say that I'm surprised by that number. I'm not sure if all of that can be attributed to Lin but even if 10 percent can it would mean that Lin pays for himself. Knicks have a variety of ways in which they can profit off Lin, they already have profited off him. Now I'm not so sure whether they are going to let Lin leave. They are probably more likely to match than not.

giga

Really? Do I have to type that shit out again?

New York already has $65 million committed to four players in '14-'15: Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert. If they matched the Lin offer sheet, that would put their payroll at approximately $80 million for five players.

Look at it this way: Even if the league did unspeakably well in the next two seasons and the luxury tax line rose from its current level of $70.3 million to $80 million in '14-'15, every player the Knicks added beyond those five would count multiples of their salaries with the tax. Even if the Knicks could add seven more players at a total salary of $10 million -- not likely -- the total cost for those players would be $25.3 million with the new tax rates factored in.

In other words, unless Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan wants to pay 2 1-2 times what players are worth -- something not even Isiah Thomas would do -- then Lin's time in New York almost certainly is over.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/k...r-it-signals-sanity-on-the-part-of-the-knicks

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

reilo

The Knicks are going to be in the luxury tax regardless of whether they give Lin his money.

Of course, but how deep into the luxury tax they get now matters. They don't want to be in too deep a few years from now and then pay 3-1 for every dollar over.

fucking worst pokemon trainer in history. i remember being so excited he caught that fucking pidgey. me and all the kids were talking about 'yo this nicca gonna bag like all 150 pokemon in the next 150 episodes son'

nope. more useless than dolan.

lmao

motherfucker still hasnt come back for pidgeot >:\

Just checked Alan Hahn's tweets and he said he would be shocked if the Knicks didn't match Lin's contract offer. Hahn knows the Knicks and especially Dolan.

masud

Banned

That doesn't negate anything I said. The Knicks will be a tax payer with or with out Lin. They'll only have the mini mle and vet min contacts for the next 3 years (again with or without Lin). Lins contract would cost the Knicks a lot of money but it won't change who they'll be able to sign at all.

Tony Mejia: Take this Jeremy Lin prediction to the bank: #Knicks will put multiple reports out there over the next 3 days, publicly torturing #Rockets. 1 minute ago
Ok that would be awesome.

reilo

Woodson's idea of a pick-n-roll:

1) Carmelo sets a screen
2) Felton brings ball up
3) Felton passes the ball to Carmelo
4) Felton rolls back to the top of the key, eats a donut

Omega

Banned
I just don't get it. After 20 years of over spending and ignoring the cap we decide to be frugal now? Where was this attitude when we traded for old ass Glen Rice? When we traded Ewing for more contracts instead of letting him retire a Knick? When we were handing out lottery picks like candy? When we traded an entire basketball team for Carmello fucking Anthony? This team isn't winning shit. With or without Lin, everybody knows it. But the kid is only 23 and he has the potential to be really good. That hope was one of the only things I had to be happy about. I'm fucking salty right now.

These are my thoughts.

But it's the Knicks. I'm numb to this shit by now.

giga

The Knicks are going to be in the luxury tax regardless of whether they give Lin his money.
Yeah, but if they go 10 to 15 million over it, they'd be paying $2.5 per dollar. If you're going to overpay players, you overpay allstars/superstars. Lin is good, but the ROI isn't great for that extra cost.

gfP6+

That doesn't negate anything I said. The Knicks will be a tax payer with or with out Lin. They'll only have the mini mle and vet min contacts for the next 3 years (again with or without Lin). Lins contract would cost the Knicks a lot of money but it won't change who they'll be able to sign at all.

Ok that would be awesome.
Who's to say they won't trade Amare's dumb ass to get a real PF?

Just checked Alan Hahn's tweets and he said he would be shocked if the Knicks didn't match Lin's contract offer. Hahn knows the Knicks and especially Dolan.

yeah, im sure felton is to fill in for fields since hes gone for good now

Landry Fields ‏@landryfields
I want to thank ALL the Knick fans out there for their support over the past two years! Much love and respect, you will be missed! ‪#NYK‬

enjoy the 20m my dude. i will bang your hot GF vicariously through you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom