• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

I was under the impression Melo liked Lin, he was the reason Lin got a shot and all that.

Jason Kidd era off to a good start.

http://southampton.patch.com/articles/basketball-star-jason-kidd-arrested-on-dwi-charge

Jason Kidd, who just signed with the New York Knicks, was arrested on Sunday morning on an alleged drunken driving charge, according to Southampton Town police.

Details are still emerging, but Southampton Town police confirmed that the basketball star was arrested during the midnight shift.

Kidd, 39, was arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sunday morning in Southampton Town Justice Court and released on his own recognizance.

And just like that, the Knicks remind us that it can always be worse.

Uh I know there were changes. Doesn't change the fact that the franchise has made many idiotic moves. Will it get better? Worse? Who knows, but having that shitty roster and a history of mismanagement is not exactly encouraging for a FA.

And the Cavs have been the beacon of smart management in this league.

SamuraiX-

So what do you guys think The Kings will get when they trade Jimmer this season? The guy's confidence is completely shot at this point.

I would love for him to go on a hot streak just before the trade deadline and then ship him out along with one or two of our horrible contracts to one of the many clueless GMs/owners around the league.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I was trying to think of some long prose describing my feelings at the moment. Then I realized I didn't have to because I had this and it completely conveyed those exact sentiments:

JkQ4q.jpg

yep.

spidermanpinatahug.gif

charsace

And I think 'Antoni will be the Blazers next coach. They got 'efferies and the only reason they we would trade him is because he asked. And he asked because he knows 'Antoni will be the blazers coach.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So what do you guys think The Kings will get when they trade Jimmer this season? The guy's confidence is completely shot at this point.

If they get even a 2nd round pick or even 50$ it is a steal. Finding anyone to even take his tiny contract should be hard.

Guy will be getting lit up in the D league once this contract is over and then coaching little kids a year or two after that.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
And I think 'Antoni will be the Blazers next coach. They got 'efferies and the only reason they we would trade him is because he asked. And he asked because he knows 'Antoni will be the blazers coach.

I'd rather have Canales.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Money. Isiah would give no fucks and match Lin and Fields in addition to Failton and Thomas. Lin was going get his...enjoy Houston. Felton needs to get that eye of the Tiger and become neoKnicks Felton again.

We still need a SG. James White to the rescue? :(

DCX

Felton has that fire in his belly.

... from eating too many wings.

HEYO

Did the Knicks even attempt to negotiate with Lin? Or did they think the best way to instill confidence in him and his road to being the starting PG was to sign two other expensive Free agents who want minutes?

Knick's FO told Lin to find the best offer and bring it back to them.

benjipwns

Banned
Did the Knicks even attempt to negotiate with Lin? Or did they think the best way to instill confidence in him and his road to being the starting PG was to sign two other expensive Free agents who want minutes?
Why negotiate with him? Just wait until someone else signs him to an offer sheet and then match.

Their problem is they didn't expect The Wizard. They should have known nobody beats him.

squicken

Really though, why wouldn't you? All the great Knick memories?

Everyone is generally against team switching but there are exceptions. One being when the owner is so incompetent that you KNOW you will never have sustained success

Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33

1. To the Knicks fans who keep asking: If you're going to switch allegiance to Brooklyn, it has to happen this summer. But I'm fine with it.

2. Here's the thing - Dolan is NEVER selling. The franchise will ALWAYS be screwed up. You have a 2nd NYC team and a legit excuse to leave.

3. If Celtics were in same situation (with a Dolan owner), I'd stop rooting for them and be an NBA widow unless there was a 2nd Boston team.

4. The important thing to remember - Dolan is a complete buffoon. You have a 12-year track record to examine now. He's an incompetent owner.

5. So you have to ask yourself... "Do I really want to spend DECADES of my life with my NBA fate tied to this guy?" You control that answer.

6. And if you're a diehard, loyal down-with-the-ship type fan, that's fine too... stay with the Knicks. Just saying you have an out here.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Things I learned today: Carmelo is a career 32% shooter from 3, but took almost 4 a game last year.

The more you know.

SamuraiX-

On the other hand if you're still a Knick fan at this point why would this make you leave? I'm fucking pissed but this doesn't crack my top 5 Knick disappointments.

It's really only the ones who starting showing up after you guys got Amar'''''''''''''''''''''e.

Not Bill Walton said:
@NotBillWalton
Jason Kidd was arrested for a DUI. The idea of trading donuts with Raymond Felton instead of teaching Jeremy Lin was just too much to bear.
Lulz. Fuck people who drink and drive.

Mxrz

I'm not sure they can or would take all three. I rather go pure tank than take that

I'm okay with keeping Davis. Gotta meet the min at least.

SAS is having a breakdown right now. Hasn't he been like a Nets/bk cheerleader for the last year or two?

SamuraiX-

Ezeli looking like a solid pickup for the Warriors. He does look a little raw offensively, but I love how he gets after it on defense and how physical he is in the post. I hope he backs up Bogut this season and Biedrins never sees the light of day in Oakland again.

giga

Team sources say the Knicks are still deliberating whether they can pay Lin more than $25 million over three years, but one source within the Knicks organization tells ESPN's Stephen A. Smith that the Knicks will not match the offer.

A team source tells ESPNNewYork.com's Ian Begley that the third year of the Rockets' offer -- worth $14.8 million -- makes it unlikely the Knicks would match. If the Knicks were to match the offer, they would also be subject to a luxury tax in the third year, bringing their total out-of-pocket cost for Lin to approximately $30 million in 2014-2015.
lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
On the other hand if you're still a Knick fan at this point why would this make you leave? I'm fucking pissed but this doesn't crack my top 5 Knick disappointments.

Nets are in Brooklyn now

and as bad as prok has been, its been a step up from dolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom