• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

I guess it does help to explain Grunwald hiding if it blew up his S&T. He doesn't have to go to the trouble of signing Bibby if he just matches or declines the offer sheet. Seems dumb to go out and sign a player and then immediately trade him b/c you want to revel in 3 days of spite

So let me see if I understand this...

- Rockets offer ridiculous contract to Lin.
- Knicks probably won't match.
- Knicks replace Lin with Felton (lol)
- Lin signing takes Rockets out of contention for Howard.

Do I have this right? And if so... What the fuck?

It doesn't take them out, it just limits how much room they have to take back more bad Orlando contracts along with Howard, which is something that enticed the Magic. Asik signing as well would fuck this up even more (not to mention he plays C, so if the Rockets landed Dwight they'd be paying $8 million a year for his backup)

I just realized half that Knick roster can be played on Sega Genesis.

PJU1c.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
Melo on #Knicks Lin saga: "It's not up to me. It's up to the organization to say that they want to match that ridiculous contract."

Irony is pretty delicious.

charsace

Yes Melo! You sandbagged under 'Antoni to get him fired, now you attack a player that can help us.

Woodson and Melo don't want Lin back. They gonna screw the team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
I asked Melo if ‪#Knicks‬ would be OK at PG with J-Kidd & Felton: "I mean, what other point guards are we going to get at this point?"

Get the feeling that Melo doesn't want Lin back. Just a hunch.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jason Kidd era off to a good start.

http://southampton.patch.com/articles/basketball-star-jason-kidd-arrested-on-dwi-charge

Jason Kidd, who just signed with the New York Knicks, was arrested on Sunday morning on an alleged drunken driving charge, according to Southampton Town police.

Details are still emerging, but Southampton Town police confirmed that the basketball star was arrested during the midnight shift.

Kidd, 39, was arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sunday morning in Southampton Town Justice Court and released on his own recognizance.

http://southampton.patch.com/articles/basketball-star-jason-kidd-arrested-on-dwi-charge

Jason Kidd, who just signed with the New York Knicks, was arrested on Sunday morning on an alleged drunken driving charge, according to Southampton Town police.

Details are still emerging, but Southampton Town police confirmed that the basketball star was arrested during the midnight shift.

Kidd, 39, was arraigned on a misdemeanor DWI charge on Sunday morning in Southampton Town Justice Court and released on his own recognizance.

Holy shit
NEW YORK BAKSETBALL

FML

charsace

Dat NY night life. League on notice!

NomarTyme

Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
Melo on #Knicks Lin saga: "It's not up to me. It's up to the organization to say that they want to match that ridiculous contract."

Irony is pretty delicious.

lmao.

lmao x2.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'd be surprised if Irving sticks around by then.

Look at that Orlando roster... and add in the fact that Orlando has made so many dumb personnel moves over the years (where do I begin), and I can easily see why someone would prefer Cleveland. Kyrie + Bynum is a pretty good base to build on, and they have cap room.

Look at that Orlando roster... and add in the fact that Orlando has made so many dumb personnel moves over the years (where do I begin), and I can easily see why someone would prefer Cleveland. Kyrie + Bynum is a pretty good base to build on, and they have cap room.

Uh the people in charge of the old Orlando regime have all been thrown to the curb

besides the Cavs took a guy who never started a game in college and needs per 40 stats to look good with the 4th pick in this draft

SamuraiX-

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT
Brief explainer: NBPA wants RFAs to have leverage. So union bargained for those "poison pill" deals and all the rules that go with them.

So they bargained to open up another avenue that would increase the prevalence of shit that got them in the lockout in the first place?

Sounds good! AT LEAST WE GETTIN' PAID!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
I asked Melo if ‪#Knicks‬ would be OK at PG with J-Kidd & Felton: "I mean, what other point guards are we going to get at this point?"

Get the feeling that Melo doesn't want Lin back. Just a hunch.

fuckin l o l

squicken

lol gotta say I'm enjoying the Knicks' troubles. Hiding like little b/c they were mad the Rockets up their offer on Lin. Within 24 hours a DUI and a Melo being Melo

commish

Uh the people in charge of the old Orlando regime have all been thrown to the curb

besides the Cavs took a guy who never started a game in college and needs per 40 stats to look good with the 4th pick in this draft

Uh I know there were changes. Doesn't change the fact that the franchise has made many idiotic moves. Will it get better? Worse? Who knows, but having that shitty roster and a history of mismanagement is not exactly encouraging for a FA.

commish

I thought Lin was a lock to come back, partly because of how he played but mostly because how big a marketing impact he had. In a strange way, though, it's encouraging to see the Knicks take the cheaper option.

charsace

So what do you guys think The Kings will get when they trade Jimmer this season? The guy's confidence is completely shot at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom