• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand this mentality but if the Knicks were in a win-now mentality they might want to start by building their franchise around some superstars who have actually won some playoff games and they would be paying Lin or somebody else instead of banking on 40 year old Kidd and Felton not being a useless fatass.

This move seems like a financial move. Dolan doesn't think the Lin gravy train has enough gravy in it to justify the crazy taxes down the road. But even then it doesn't really make a ton of sense considering what Lin has done for the value of MSG and for the Knicks.

or the other theory is that Woodson isn't sold on Lin. So it's really not a financial move.

No words.

DONT YOU FEEL LIKE A JACKASS LOSING PRETTY TONE LOLOL

I know Dwight has been a fool but I think at this point, things are mostly out his hands (his fault) anything more is probably media trying to screw him

DCX

DCX
apparently jeffries was on espn radio earlier and talked as if lin going to the rockets was a done deal

:(

The Knicks moves proved that.

Kidd/Felton/Prigioni
JR Smith/White
Melo/Novak
Amar'e/Thomas/Camby/Copeland
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

After Shump comes back

Kidd/Felton/Prigioni
Shump/JR/White
Melo/Novak
Amar'e/Thomas/Camby
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

bold denotes rotation players.

DCX

giga

or the other theory is that Woodson isn't sold on Lin. So it's really not a financial move.

DONT YOU FEEL LIKE A JACKASS LOSING PRETTY TONE LOLOL
Or that they need a better defender now that toney is gone and the ghost of Kidd is the backup. Felton is perfect.

The Knicks moves proved that.

Kidd/Felton/Prigioni
JR Smith[/B]/White
Melo/Novak
Amar'e/Thomas/Camby/Copeland
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

After Shump comes back

Kidd/Felton/Prigioni
Shump/JR/White
Melo/Novak
Amar'e/Thomas/Camby
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

bold denotes rotation players.

DCX

1 playoff game win lineup lolol

DCX

DCX
Thomas over Camby?

Nah, Camby has way more left in the tank than Thomas.

At PF? Camby will play his minutes to spell Tyson and when Tyson gets in foul trouble.

Thomas will get minutes at PF when Amar'e gets in foul trouble and rest..oh and when he decides to tweak his back on lay up lines and encounters with fire extinguishers.

DCX

h3ro

I was trying to think of some long prose describing my feelings at the moment. Then I realized I didn't have to because I had this and it completely conveyed those exact sentiments:

JkQ4q.jpg

yep.

i still dont buy it, knicks will def match lin, begrudgingly if so

fuck the nypost, theyre only good for asshole headlines

--

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling
Source close to Lin thinks Knicks still match. Keep in mind this: Even tho Felton is a PG he's a shooter too. Woody likes to mixup lineups.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
i still dont buy it, knicks will def match lin, begrudgingly if so

fuck the nypost, theyre only good for asshole headlines

--

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling
Source close to Lin thinks Knicks still match. Keep in mind this: Even tho Felton is a PG he's a shooter too. Woody likes to mixup lineups.

Good luck with putting Felton into the 2.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
On what planet is Felton considered a shooter?

Career 33% 3 point shooter, literally below league average. A really poor jump shooter overall too.

LMA was tripled teamed on many possessions because it was a better defensive strategy to have Felton to shoot a wide-open three than have LMA try to score on a double team. I think that says something.

benjipwns

Banned
On what planet is Felton considered a shooter?

Career 33% 3 point shooter, literally below league average. A really poor jump shooter overall too.
He took five threes a game while with the Knicks, so forgive the New York media for assuming he's a shooter. It's not like they've seen any of his other 470+ games.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He took five threes a game while with the Knicks, so forgive the New York media for assuming he's a shooter. It's not like they've seen any of his other 470+ games.

The best part is he shot 32.8% on 3s as a Knick. So he shot a ton of them at a below league average clip.

The notion that Felton can play the 2 is beyond crazy. Lin is a goner.

masud

Banned
Guys with all this lets not forget that the Rockets biggest move this summer was to over pay a guy that they cut last season. Save some lols for them please.

Hmm i need a new avatar might have to go with the mango sentinel head...

DCX

DCX
Guys with all this lets not forget that the Rockets biggest move this summer was to over pay a guy that they cut last season. Save some lols for them please.

Hmm i need a new avatar might have to go with the mango sentinel head...

Oh it's qued up lol

DCX

masud

Banned
We have 3 of the 5 oldest guys in the league, not including our 35 year old rookie.

Win now! (cause someone might die soon)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bobcats having a better offseason than the majority of the league by far.

Next year, I'm goin hollywood on you chumps like adam blade

Maxim726X

So let me see if I understand this...

- Rockets offer ridiculous contract to Lin.
- Knicks probably won't match.
- Knicks replace Lin with Felton (lol)
- Lin signing takes Rockets out of contention for Howard.

Do I have this right? And if so... What the fuck?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So let me see if I understand this...

- Rockets offer ridiculous contract to Lin.
- Knicks probably won't match.
- Knicks replace Lin with Felton (lol)
- Lin signing takes Rockets out of contention for Howard.

Do I have this right? And if so... What the fuck?

Last part isn't true. Getting Howard really isn't that much harder with the addition of Lin.

Things do change though if the Bulls logically don't match for Asik.

I didnt like Felton the first time he was here, good god why are they doing this. There were other pg's they could have tried to go after, anyone but that fat ass.

giga

I think it's clear there's only one person left that can bring the Knicks organization back to their former glory. The guy's made some excellent trades in the past that made rosters some of the most valuable in the league.

isiah-thomas.jpg

Sure, he traded away the 2006 and 2007 first round picks that would have landed them Lamarcus Aldridge and Joakim Noah, but Eddy Curry posted some great numbers for several games. Plus, he's all jacked up now and can really bang in the post.

Eddy_2.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
At PF? Camby will play his minutes to spell Tyson and when Tyson gets in foul trouble.

Thomas will get minutes at PF when Amar'e gets in foul trouble and rest..oh and when he decides to tweak his back on lay up lines and encounters with fire extinguishers.

DCX

I'm blaming the pain meds.. stupid fucking hernia.. read that wrong.

Yeah.. Camby is useless at the 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom