• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Nets are gonna win more playoff games next season than the Knicks have in over 12 years.

zeLvO.jpg

Why negotiate with him? Just wait until someone else signs him to an offer sheet and then match.

Their problem is they didn't expect The Wizard. They should have known nobody beats him.

Unless Lin's agent was out for blood they could have found some common ground. Still getting paid, but maybe not cripple-the-Knicks paid?

(ie: we have some good players, you had success here, fans love you here, big market, etc)

Just waiting for Morey to make a mega-offer seems to just ensure that the Knicks either swallow the poison pill or let him go.

masud

Banned
Whoever thought that so much would have to change
I went to games as a Knicks fan, they had Lin man, they traded him
Ever since then, son, I hated them, shit's turnin sour in the N-Y
Half the team hurt, still niggaz get high and rock Nets shirts

Mxrz

So SAS calling Lin arrogant for the "We gotta figure out how to play together" about Melo. Now he's ranting about Kidd's ex wife or something. It all makes sense.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Nets in 5 or less.

What say you, Knicks-age?

4 Games if Amare is healthy and playing 30 min +

5 games if Amare is hurt/retired.

At this point I think Mr. Kardashian is a better PF than Amare even when healthy (LOL)

Unless Lin's agent was out for blood they could have found some common ground. Still getting paid, but maybe not cripple-the-Knicks paid?

(ie: we have some good players, you had success here, fans love you here, big market, etc)

Just waiting for Morey to make a mega-offer seems to just ensure that the Knicks either swallow the poison pill or let him go.

This is a business, the knicks bring in a shit ton of money. Lin isn't some 35 yr old former all star who has made 70 million over his career. This is likely his ONE big payday unless he somehow plays for three years as well as he did in that three week span.

Omega

Banned
Everyone is generally against team switching but there are exceptions. One being when the owner is so incompetent that you KNOW you will never have sustained success

2. Here's the thing - Dolan is NEVER selling. The franchise will ALWAYS be screwed up. You have a 2nd NYC team and a legit excuse to leave.

This is the reason I've been thinking about changing teams. Only thing that's stopping me is that I'd feel like a bandwagoner..

I used to think Dolan was just in it for the money, but Lin would bring in a lot of money and apparently they're gonna let him go. So I have no idea what his true motives are. Maybe he's just bored..

thekad

Banned
I'd rather Lin not take up $8million of the Rockets cap than watch Knicks fans suffer.

Though it's a great consolation prize.

Tom Penny

Nets are going to be the new Hawks. Can't believe they are going to have 2 of the worst contracts in the NBA on the same roster crippling them for year to come. Max Lopez defies logic.

LuchaShaq

Banned
my brother bought a lin jersey a few months ago and he flipped out today hearing the rumors.

this is why im scared of buying merch. maybe ill get a novak one since we got him signed for 4 years. watch him leave as soon as i get it..

My favorite thing is to buy instant throwbacks the week after guys get traded/signed to a new team at olympia, or marshalls for like 5-10$

Considering I basically never wear them I have way too many but they always make me laugh. Odom Clips/Ray Allen Sonics/K-mart Nets/T-mac raptors/Shaq Suns/Melo throwback style nugget/Deron throwback style jazz

Omega

Banned
On the other hand if you're still a Knick fan at this point why would this make you leave? I'm fucking pissed but this doesn't crack my top 5 Knick disappointments.

The realization that we will never be relevant under Dolan. He's almost as bad as Sterling.

linsivvi

There's a very good reason why the Eastern conference sucked for so many years. There are only like 3-4 teams who know what they are doing.

Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
Melo on #Knicks Lin saga: "It's not up to me. It's up to the organization to say that they want to match that ridiculous contract."

Irony is pretty delicious.

Told you Melo had his filthy hands in this whole debacle. He doesn't want him in NY, obviously, after Lin showed him up last year with the team going on the streak while he was injured. Melo is a catty bitch, guarantee you he had some influence in this.

zargle

My favorite thing is to buy instant throwbacks the week after guys get traded/signed to a new team at olympia, or marshalls for like 5-10$

Considering I basically never wear them I have way too many but they always make me laugh. Odom Clips/Ray Allen Sonics/K-mart Nets/T-mac raptors/Shaq Suns/Melo throwback style nugget/Deron throwback style jazz

That foresight!

benjipwns

Banned

The local TJ Maxx once had like 80 Darko jerseys after he was traded to Orlando.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Told you Melo had his filthy hands in this whole debacle. He doesn't want him in NY, obviously, after Lin showed him up last year with the team going on the streak while he was injured. Melo is a catty bitch, guarantee you he had some influence in this.
While this is all 100% true, it is a ridiculous contract. I'm just saying...

masud

Banned
The realization that we will never be relevant under Dolan. He's almost as bad as Sterling.

I'm saying though you're just realizing that? I wouldn't even know how to stop being a Knicks fan. Sure I could just declare that I'm done with them and buy a Deron jersey. But I'd still be pissed when the Knicks lose and happy when they win. I'm probably gonna outlive Dolan anyway... :(

Team sources say the Knicks are still deliberating whether they can pay Lin more than $25 million over three years, but one source within the Knicks organization tells ESPN's Stephen A. Smith that the Knicks will not match the offer.

A team source tells ESPNNewYork.com's Ian Begley that the third year of the Rockets' offer -- worth $14.8 million -- makes it unlikely the Knicks would match. If the Knicks were to match the offer, they would also be subject to a luxury tax in the third year, bringing their total out-of-pocket cost for Lin to approximately $30 million in 2014-2015.

30 mil the total of the contract or just for the 2014-2015 season?

The meltdown on the RealGM Knicks board is into its 220th page. It's a goldmine.

OB-ST753_COUNT0_NS_20120429215404.jpg

"Hahn: teammates looked at Lin with a crooked eye last year because of his over-confidence, perceived lack of humility."

charsace

Dolan wants to be Steinbrenner, he doesn't know the game like the Boss knew baseball. If Dolan was like Steinbrenner he would have KTFO Melo and Amare for what was going on before Linsanity and would have put them up for trade too.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The meltdown on the RealGM Knicks board is into its 220th page. It's a goldmine.

OB-ST753_COUNT0_NS_20120429215404.jpg

"Hahn: teammates looked at Lin with a crooked eye last year because of his over-confidence, perceived lack of humility."

Augmon?!

Is that even possible??

charsace

Melo likes Lin. His beef is with the last year of the contract. Structuring is retarded and Morey only did it because for whatever reason he hates the knicks. I don't know if he tried to get a jobe here and Dolan took a dump on him or what, but he doesn't like the knicks. The man kept Flynn over Lin and now he's the one jacking up the dudes price. Then he takes days to draft and send the contract proposal.

It's a warzone over there. A lot of the Melo fanboys really hate Lin.

Controversial post over there but I think it has some merit:

I hate to say things like this, but ever since the middle of this past season this has been glaringly obvious to me: If Lin was black rather than Asian, SAS would LOVE him. Would absolutely LOVE him. It's not a question in my mind. If there was a young black PG who averaged 18 and 8 in 25 games as a starter, SAS would absolutely be drooling. But he is Asian, so SAS considers him a marginal player.

Melo likes Lin. His beef is with the last year of the contract.
:lol Melo can't stand him, come on. Read those quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom