• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

Gasshole.jpg

Ya dig it?

Enough Dwight talk.

Lakers are in desperate need of a backup shooting guard to help their bench score.

Without other teams having to "help" the Lakers acquire talent I think these are good options.

1) Grant Hill
2) Leandro Barbosa
3) Shannon Brown

Yup...all from the Suns.

Grant is too old for him to be the only backup option for Kobe.

I'd like Shanwow and Monica back at Staples.
Wes Johnson for Pau

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Blazers kicking up Summer League tonight...

I'm so hoping Hollinger is wrong about Lillard.. but you just don't know.. guy worked out like a stud.

I might take Babosa over Shannon if we had a chance at both. Barbosa is one of those "irrational confidence" guys (as Bill Simmons likes to call them) that are good to have off the bench.

Alot of teams aren't constructed to compete, but you don't think that team plus Lin can't get 4th-5th seed in the East? How much better did the East get again?

Trade Lin the 3rd year as a massive expiring. Look, he has SOME value. And be real, MSG and their stock was making money hand over foot off Lin. Not to mention the inroads you gets into the Asian community with the Garden Of Dreams foundation.

I think there's a higher chance he's aight than sucks though.

Hire a better offensive coach, the thing I've been calling for ALL summer.

... this is the argument you use for keeping him, huh?

Yes, because Felton last year (who battled management and hated Portland) is the same Felton this year. He actually likes NY and never wanted out. I'm not saying he's some great player, but he'll actually give a fuck as opposed to pigging on fluffernutter sandwiches. Coach Woodson don't like out-of-shape players... Felton don't want to play that game.

Point being, there is a major pro and major con regardless of their final decision. As for teams being built to compete, how many teams have two max contracts, a 13.5 per contract and may add a 8 per average contract?

Knicks are a unique pile of shit in that they're willing to pay to compete but always make the super dumb decisions. They were able to turn an out of nowhere PG gift into something that will bite them in the ass.

They're fucked more ways than one and in the current "compete or suck a dick" NBA that we're in, they'r pretty much doomed until Melo/Amare are off the books.

I just want the Knicks to match Lin's contract so I have something fun to watch during the season instead of Failton in Woodson's offense.

RBH

The meltdown on the RealGM Knicks board is into its 220th page. It's a goldmine.

OB-ST753_COUNT0_NS_20120429215404.jpg

"Hahn: teammates looked at Lin with a crooked eye last year because of his over-confidence, perceived lack of humility."
Mookie :(

Corbin :(

Plastic Man Augmon :(

90s Hawks playoff disappointments :( :(

LuchaShaq

Banned
I might take Babosa over Shannon if we had a chance at both. Barbosa is one of those "irrational confidence" guys (as Bill Simmons likes to call them) that are good to have off the bench.

Barbosa has been a shell of himself for years. Steve Blake is probably a better sg at this point zero joke.

Emwitus

Boston 2nd seed :lol

Are we going to have another haha boston suck again, after which they proceed to kick everybody's but in the playoffs? I enjoyed it last season when people were saying the knicks have a better chance of making the playoffs. Fun times.

The meltdown on the RealGM Knicks board is into its 220th page. It's a goldmine.

OB-ST753_COUNT0_NS_20120429215404.jpg

"Hahn: teammates looked at Lin with a crooked eye last year because of his over-confidence, perceived lack of humility."

When was this last updated?

If it was after this past finals, Shane was 4-32 prior to the 2012 playoffs=O
If it was before, Shane shouldn't be on that list anymore.

Omega

Banned
I'm saying though you're just realizing that? I wouldn't even know how to stop being a Knicks fan. Sure I could just declare that I'm done with them and buy a Deron jersey. But I'd still be pissed when the Knicks lose and happy when they win. I'm probably gonna outlive Dolan anyway... :(

No.

I've always known it but I always held out hope that maybe one day, Dolan might give a shit and try to make the Knicks a winning team.

Also I'm pretty sure that list is up to date.

Battier played only in Memphis and Houston before going to Miami correct?

Memphis didn't win with him during his first tenure and I don't think Houston many playoff games either. His only wins came when they upset the Spurs

The Heat didn't go 16-0, dude.

But Shane definitely won more than 4 prior to this season because they played Lakers in 2nd round to game 7 with houston and he went to round 2 game 7 with Memphis last season. He's certainly off that list now.

LOL Knicks! What a horrible 24 hours for them. Melo, Kidd, Failton!

FWIW, I don't think Melo was insulting Lin. It just comes off that way. I think he was referring to the loophole that allows the structure to be bullshit and not how much he's going to earn overall. If that contract was $9 mil per, I think Knicks match.

edit: Battier won at least 14 games between 2009-2011 playoffs. That list is before this season, clearly.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Alot of teams aren't constructed to compete, but you don't think that team plus Lin can't get 4th-5th seed in the East? How much better did the East get again?

Teams that would be better than the knicks even with catastrophic injury issues. Heat/Boston/Nets

Teams better than the knicks by alot.

Bulls (even without Rose)/Pacers

Teams that are on the same level. Philly/Bucks/Hawks/Toronto (Lowry/Ross/Valunicinas additions)

Might even throw Cavs in there since they were near 500 before initiating tank mode.

At this point missing the playoffs seems way more likely than being a 4 seed.

Chandler and Melo are the only two players on the roster that would get more than 5mpg for a good team.

SAS is a moron. remember when he said the heat and lebron were done for when they lost game 3 to indiana? dude was like "its done. over. finito. DONE. finished. theyre gone."

cmon dolan, give the kid his money and end this awful weekend

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SAS is a moron. remember when he said the heat and lebron were done for when they lost game 3 to indiana? dude was like "its done. over. finito. DONE. finished. theyre gone."

cmon dolan, give the kid his money and end this awful weekend
He said the same thing when they were down to the Celtics. I keep telling people, the guy changes his mind on a dime, and he doesn't know basketball.

He said the same thing when they were down to the Celtics. I keep telling people, the guy changes his mind on a dime, and he doesn't know basketball.

guy just says whatever is trending, regardless of its merit or legitimacy. though he is entertaining when hes totally shitting all over skip bayless

30 million for the 2014-2015 season.

I don't think that was right. $30 million implied a 1 for 1 tax. It will be higher than 1 for 1 being well over $5 million above the LT line and repeater tax. Lin, in theory, could cost up to $80 million that season.

Smokey

When asked on Sunday if he thought Lin would be back with the Knicks, Carmelo Anthony was unsure but took a swipe at the Rockets' contract offer to the point guard

"It's not up to me. It's up to the organization to say that they want to match that ridiculous contract," he told the paper

melo not being mellow

also kinda messed up to say publicly that your teammate isn't worth a contract lol

melo not being mellow

also kinda messed up to say publicly that your teammate isn't worth a contract lol
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
I’ve already said you don’t let Lin just walk without compensation, but honestly, who among us DOESN’T believe that contract is ridiculous?
He's talking about the 3rd year, but keep spinning. Hey it's what the media is doing

Smokey

He's talking about the 3rd year, but keep spinning. Hey it's what the media is doing

one could argue melo's contract is ridiculous and he's the reason the knicks are the knicks. gave up a whole squad for him* and amare now has the most untradeable contract in the league. they are part of the reason why the knicks are hesistant to match.

of course the contract is out there, but as a teammate i don't think you need to say it "publicly" that somebody isn't worth the contract being offered to them.

*i realize the rockets are trying to do the same for howard

Some douche on the radio actually said Lin didn't mesh well with Knicks starters...

He played well with Amare and really well with Chandler. The only guy who had trouble playing with Lin is Melo. If either Lin or Melo could play D, then theyd be alright with the other ball hogging, but when 1 of them has to be a non-factor they become useless. To be fair to Lin, SFs really shouldn't be ball dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom