• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
... pics or I call BS.

Oh it happened.

5liT0.jpg

Truphenom

So knicks are a better team with no melo and lin running point. I guess i can see that. One more win in the playoffs sounds about right.

East seems like it's getting weaker so if Knicks can actually get a top 4 seed, I think they take a series. And the Knicks would take the Nets in a series.

East seems like it's getting weaker so if Knicks can actually get a top 4 seed, I think they take a series. And the Knicks would take the Nets in a series.

Don't think it would be that easy son. Maybe Knicks could win but it ain't anywhere close to a lock, i think Nets would be favored.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
If Melo could play off the ball better he'd be a nice compliment to Lin's game. But that'd involve some cardio and Melo ain't about that life.

Come on, son. Melo is an avid boxer - his cardio is just fine. Stop shitting on him.

Melo's comment about the contract being ridiculous isn't a slight against Lin, either. He's stating the obvious, that loaded 3rd year isn't realistic - he could be worth the money, but not in that breakdown. I think too many people are looking into his comment the wrong way.

entremet

Has there been a major market NBA franchise run worse than the Knicks in the past 15 or so years?

Jesus, man. This fucking team.

sam_amick
Brian Shaw has pulled out of the Orlando coaching search, a source told http://SI.com.

waaaaaaat.

shame. Shaw could have taught Dwight a thing or two about pulling out.

I said it when it happened, but what really makes the Knicks look worse is how the Nets traded for a better player (Deron) just a few days after Melo was traded (or was it a few days before? I can't remember exactly). I wonder if the package the Knicks gave to Denver would have gotten Deron away from Utah. They were too stubborn on bringing Melo to NY.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Knicks were behind the Bucks before Lin saved their season

I think we match up nicely with them, and I don"t think they would hurt us too bad aside from Deron. Wild cards would be IsoJoe and ImhurtAmare.

Deron would tear up whoever plays PG for Knicks next year, IsoJoe may get his shit pushed in by Shumps but when he matches with JR he'll be fine. The Thing and Humphries are exactly the kind of guys Amare and Melo hate to play against., physical and can rebound well, Melo would probably get the best of The Thing but not overwhelmingly so every night, but he probably does have a break out close to 40 point game at some point. Chandler has no O, Brooks barely has an offensive set that will be lessened by Chandler.

I see that matchup favoring Nets. Over in 5, 6 at the absolute most.

Nets did what Clips hoped to do, and in one season's time. Pretty amazing.

In a move to be formally announced Monday, Walton will rejoin ESPN/ABC, where he'd been the lead NBA analyst before he collapsed in an airport in 2007.

"My spine failed after a lifetime of spine problems," Walton told USA TODAY Sports by phone Sunday. "My life was over. I spent three years on the floor.
"
Literally. He couldn't really move much and says he was sometimes suicidal. But this season he'll call ESPN Pac-12 games as ESPN — through a new deal — expands its coverage of the league. Walton also will join the conference's soon-to-launch regional network. He'll also return for occasional Sacramento Kings local game broadcasts.

Put him on NBA games you fuckwits.

Truphenom

Deron would tear up whoever plays PG for Knicks next year, IsoJoe may get his shit pushed in by Shumps but when he matches with JR he'll be fine. The Thing and Humphries are exactly the kind of guys Amare and Melo hate to play against., physical and can rebound well, Melo would probably get the best of The Thing but not overwhelmingly so every night, but he probably does have a break out close to 40 point game at some point. Chandler has no O, Brooks barely has an offensive set that will be lessened by Chandler.

I see that matchup favoring Nets. Over in 5, 6 at the absolute most.

Nets did what Clips hoped to do, and in one season's time. Pretty amazing.

Is Humphries coming back? I didn't think the Nets wanted him. The big invisible woman does nothing on the offensive and gives up at least 15 to Tyson. I'm thinking Shump gets put on Deron and Kidd on Joe, not great but Joe ain't trying to get to the paint so I'll take step back 3's from him. Knicks in 6.

A Heat fan switching to Nets is...like.....not how that joke works. I get the troll factor but it only works if it's Knicks to Nets. Anything else is just .....babytown frolics.

Is Humphries coming back? I didn't think the Nets wanted him. The big invisible woman does nothing on the offensive and gives up at least 15 to Tyson. I'm thinking Shump gets put on Deron and Kidd on Joe, not great but Joe ain't trying to get to the paint so I'll take step back 3's from him. Knicks in 6.

No, a bunch of old guys and the same team is not going to beat anybody. Tyson and shump should bail out asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom