• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
YpHqo.jpg

Blazer fans are scarred.

SamuraiX-

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Some news after flight No. 2: Raptors & Kings have struck a deal to send James Johnson to Sacramento for future second-rounder #inglaterra
Look for that one to be finalized Monday. Kings to add Johnson on last-year deal for their frontcourt rotation. Raps to shed a $2.8M salary

Whatever. I kinda like James Johnson.

Anything to see less of Travis Outlaw and John Salmons out there.

Now watch the Raptors go and draft some legitimate piece we could've used with that future 2nd.

I really fucking hope this doesn't mean we're not gonna resign T-Will.

squicken

RT @Ian_OConnor: Four hours spent on Lin on ESPN 98.7FM boiled down to this: Can't lose 23-year-old asset like this for nothing. Just can't

Put me in same camp as @Ian_OConnor. I know word from Knicks spreading all over Vegas summer league now is they're letting Lin walk. But ...

Knicks really going to let Lin -- tradeable before contract gets crazy and $ generator supreme -- walk? Two more LONG days for NYK to ponder

As funny as Grunwald hiding under his desk and JR Smith and Melo getting jealous about it are, I think they match. It is a gigantic expiring deal, though with Amare and Melo, I'm not sure that has the same value to a team that could still be paying luxury taxes

As funny as Grunwald hiding under his desk and JR Smith and Melo getting jealous about it are, I think they match. It is a gigantic expiring deal, though with Amare and Melo, I'm not sure that has the same value to a team that could still be paying luxury taxes

So Lin isn't worth more than Amare? In like all ways possible?

Bleh.

Thats why I switched over

Fuck the Knicks!!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Will today be the day where trob looks like more than an athletic version of haslem?

We reverted to our old form last night without MKG, sigh. On the plus side though I liked what I saw out of Mullens and Biz. Mullens is struggling with his threes, but I really think he needs a good passing point to get him the ball when his feet are set to be at his best. Kemba is ass grade at that unfortunately. I hope Sessions will be an improvement over Kemba there because I think Mullens would shoot a lot better if he was playing with a point that was decent at setting him up.

Biz on the otherhand still has a ways to go, but his shooting form has improved a lot and he has become noticeably better with his defensive positioning. He still looks awkard as hell with his hook shot and he needs to get better at boxing out, but overall he has improved his game since the end of the season and that's exactly what you want to see out of your young players.

Whatever. I kinda like James Johnson.

Anything to see less of Travis Outlaw and John Salmons out there.

Now watch the Raptors go and draft some legitimate piece we could've used with that future 2nd.

I really fucking hope this doesn't mean we're not gonna resign T-Will.

Johnson can play, he has some promise. The story is he lit a joint on the team plane, so the pilot forced it to land and made them late. He was in the coach's dog house since then.

DY_nasty

It's true what they say about summer league - it doesn't teach you who can play, but it does teach you who can't.
Kembarly is looking like he's ready to make the leap from running away from shots to jacking up fuckless airballs like a boss.

DY_nasty

And fuck Mullens. He's probably the worst defender of our generation. Dude didn't do anything in the Offseason other than buy Dirk jerseys.

Yo BESTGAF

SLAM Magazine subscription...3 years for 6 bucks. Must have for pretty much anyone here who posts on the regular. Always a bit later than current events, but it's an excellent magazine and you can usually find out a bit about some up and comers through the mag as well. Before I frequented draft express and the like I found out about the Lopez bros, Wall, Griff, etc before they even played a year of college.

http://www.discountmags.com/product/8268/slam?a=slickdeals&xTerm=3
COUPON CODE: SLICKDEALS

slam-feb2012.jpg

Fatalah

What if the Knicks have no issue going over the cap, and are making this seem like a tough decision only to prevent criticism of the new CBA?

Conspiracy-GAF

david-stern.jpg

Don't you look at me like that Stern! I have you all figured out!

Cloudy

Banned
If it's a decision based on basketball alone, no way Knicks should match. Felton is a better player than Lin and he's proven to be successful playing with Amare. Also, I'm not sure you want a role player being the face of your franchise and possibly splitting the fanbase between himself and Melo/Amare. It was really disgusting last year when Melo had to walk on eggshells coming back from injury because it was somehow now "Lin's team" lol

Lin will regret chasing the money when he becomes a forgotten player on a bad team.

Fox318

If it's a decision based on basketball alone, no way Knicks should match. Felton is a better player than Lin and he's proven to be successful playing with Amare. Also, I'm not sure you want a role player being the face of your franchise and possibly splitting the fanbase between himself and Melo/Amare. It was really disgusting last year when Melo had to walk on eggshells coming back from injury because it was somehow now "Lin's team" lol

Lin will regret chasing the money when he becomes a forgotten player on a bad team.

All Felton has proved away from the Pringles offense is that he enjoys donuts.

Cloudy

Banned
All Felton has proved away from the Pringles offense is that he enjoys donuts.

All Lin has proved is that he has no left and turns the ball over vs. pressure defense. I like the kid but he is going to fail HARD on a team like the Rockets.

I can't believe the shitty advice he's getting. Why redo the offer sheet after they said they'd match already? He'd easily make the difference in backloaded money off the court in NY because he'd still be relevant. How many national tv games will the Rockets get...and this is before he gets exposed with less talent around him?

charsace

Johnson can play, he has some promise. The story is he lit a joint on the team plane, so the pilot forced it to land and made them late. He was in the coach's dog house since then.
That's why the stopped playing him? Because dude is a good defender and a tough guy overall.

Fox318

All Lin has proved is that he has no left and turns the ball over vs. pressure defense. I like the kid but he is going to fail HARD on a team like the Rockets.

I can't believe the shitty advice he's getting. He'd easily make the difference in backloaded money off the court in NY because he'd still be relevant. How many national tv games will the Rockets get...and this is before he gets exposed with less talent around him?

#1 in your heart, #2 in turnovers

also Lin is looking at the Rockets Asia connection for the NY style marketing money.

Recon

Banned
Yo BESTGAF

SLAM Magazine subscription...3 years for 6 bucks. Must have for pretty much anyone here who posts on the regular. Always a bit later than current events, but it's an excellent magazine and you can usually find out a bit about some up and comers through the mag as well. Before I frequented draft express and the like I found out about the Lopez bros, Wall, Griff, etc before they even played a year of college.

http://www.discountmags.com/product/8268/slam?a=slickdeals&xTerm=3
COUPON CODE: SLICKDEALS

slam-feb2012.jpg

Doesnt seem to work for me...that is a great deal too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Felton is not better than Lin.

Amare can't play anymore.

The face of the franchise should be your best player. When Lin was on the court last season he was their best player.

It was Lin's team because he took a team that wasn't even .500 and made them somewhat relevant again. Something Melo has failed to do during his tenure as a Knick.

Maybe Lin would be better off being in NY, certainly for financial reasons, but for basketball reasons I don't really think thats the case. He needs the ball in his hands, he was really good with the ball in his hands last year, and hes not going to have the ball in his hands playing in a Woodson offense starring Melo.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Oh no the money part isn't the screwjob, it's the other thing - using Houston to drive up his value, fully expecting the Knicks to match. If that's Lin doing it, I'm sorry but he comes off as kinda greedy.

That's how free agency works, only dumb teams would pay a guy 3 years 20 mil if there were no other bidders near that level.

This is likely Lin's only big payday of his career unless he improves, would be insane for him not to get every last dollar. It's not like he's some career vet who has made 50 mil already.

Knicks already made more money off lin than this contract is worth, they are the dumb/greedy ones in this situation.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Lin is worth the 3-year total just for the marketing and publicity alone. Lin is great business. It's a win for either team.

Cloudy

Banned
Lin is worth the 3-year total just for the marketing and publicity alone. Lin is great business. It's a win for either team.

Maybe but he is not a good enough player to be paying $43mil - $52mil (depending on which reports you believe) to keep on your team because of the luxury tax issues

masud

Banned
I love how all of the success Lin had during those 25 games has to be taken with a grain of sailt because of the small sample size but all of the flaws we saw are permanent and set in stone. The kids 22 years old ffs.

And as far as the money is concerned, Dolan once spent 60 million in tax on a team that won 23 games. This is all bullshit.

No one will ever say Felton is better than Lin. We already know what Failton is. We have no idea what Lin will become. He is 23 years old and was finally given a shot to play. There are so many players in all sports that are overpaid and paid because what they have done. Lin will get payed because of potential and the amount of $$$ he will make your organization off/on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom