• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the Knicks wouldn't match. From a business perspective, Lin is going to be a cash cow for the Knicks outweighing any luxury tax considerations. And even if things don't pan out, the $15 mil is on his last year which makes it a contract that will have trade value even if he does bust.

I don't understand why the Knicks wouldn't match. From a business perspective, Lin is going to be a cash cow for the Knicks outweighing any luxury tax considerations. And even if things don't pan out, the $15 mil is on his last year which makes it a contract that will have trade value even if he does bust.

They are kind of in a no-win now after JR and Carmelo's comments. Knick's FO should have put a gag order on their own players.

Cause it would cost them 30 mil in the third year

Jordan Schultz ‏@206Child
A source close to Dwight Howard tells me that Dwight is fully prepared to sit out the entire 2012-13 season in Orlando.

MULTIPLE SOURCES

but I called it

one step closer to Shabazz or Noel

Cause it would cost them 30 mil in the third year

Which is nothing compared to how much Lin would make them on the Chinese market.

Two weeks of Linsanity for Cablevision.

Since Lin’s debut for the Knicks on February 4, there has been a 13% jump in MSG stock with Bloomberg Businessweek noting the stocks “unusual moves” and that it had “gained 3.6 percent to $32.28, rallying for the ninth straight day.”

This was added to by CNBC Sports Business reporter Darren Rovell, who tweeted: “Since Jeremy Lin’s 1st start on 2/4, MSG’s market cap has grown $228 million.

Now imagine the money they'd make with a more thought out business plan overseas..

Pimpwerx

Show me an NBA player who significantly improved his handles after that age. Better yet, show me a starting NBA PG who could barely operate on his weak side..

Mario Chalmers significantly improved his handle last season, at the age of 25. The previous season he couldn't bring the ball up the court against even a weak press. He improved it significantly this season, which has also helped him dribbling through traffic. PEACE.

RBH

AxZb1bTCAAAi2i4.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MULTIPLE SOURCES

but I called it

one step closer to Shabazz or Noel

I don't think Orlando wants him anywhere near the arena anyway so it works out. Hopefully it won't get that far.

RicBucher
President Obama and VP Biden will attend USA-Brazil game, White House source says. And, yes, it does feel cool to have a WH source.

Isn't reporting this like illegal or something?

Pimpwerx

I Melo and JR are breaking that unspoken rule about disparaging contracts of other players, then maybe it just further cements the fact that Lin just ain't that good. Melo may not be the world's greatest teammate, but has there ever been a time where he's spoken out of turn like that? He flat out called the contract ridiculous, and JR is implying some guys in the locker room are getting jelly. That just screams overrated player IMO. Getting money off merchandise and hype is fine for the management, but what if it throws the locker room into disarray? PEACE.

I Melo and JR are breaking that unspoken rule about disparaging contracts of other players, then maybe it just further cements the fact that Lin just ain't that good.
How does that cement the fact that Lin isn't that good? I don't see the correlation. Lin would be a top 10 pick in the lottery this year.

I Melo and JR are breaking that unspoken rule about disparaging contracts of other players, then maybe it just further cements the fact that Lin just ain't that good. Melo may not be the world's greatest teammate, but has there ever been a time where he's spoken out of turn like that? He flat out called the contract ridiculous, and JR is implying some guys in the locker room are getting jelly. That just screams overrated player IMO. Getting money off merchandise and hype is fine for the management, but what if it throws the locker room into disarray? PEACE.

There's been a whole mess of overpriced contracts this offseason and only Melo and JR feel the need to express their feelings reagarding their teammate.

linsivvi

Why is Konex always so passionately wrong about PGs?

Lin already played a few games in China during the lockout, and he was named MVP of the tournament. Yao personally knows him, so there's a connection. If he plays for the Rockets, you can bet he's going to get tons of endorsement deals from both China and Taiwan. It makes all kinds of financial sense for him to join the Rockets.

maybe they should call out Amare's ridiculous contract.

Maybe Melo and Smith are just jealous that they were lottery bound before Lin showed up.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I'm pretty sure Dwight would still have to play for Orlando in 2013 if he just decided to take a year off. If the Alexei Yashin case is any indicator, anyway.

Pimpwerx

How does that cement the fact that Lin isn't that good? I don't see the correlation. Lin would be a top 10 pick in the lottery this year.

Because professional courtesy says you don't badmouth your peers. However, if they're crossing that bridge, maybe they actually feel strongly about it, meaning it adds some weight to that argument. The guys who play alongside him every day will know best if he's good or not.

As someone else pointed out, though, Amare would count as a worse contract. However, as he's now the longest-tenured Knick, it's not like there's anything they can do about it. Maybe when he's up for an extension and the Knicks offer him something crazy again, they'll call him out. PEACE.

charsace

What were the guys guarding Lin doing last season? Are you saying they were trying to get embarrassed by some no-name undrafted Asian d-leaguer who got cut by basically every team in the league?

I used to be a Lin hater but I've given up on doubting the kid. He basically spent his first entire season making everybody doubting him look like an utter fool, I don't think thats going to change any time soon.

You became a Lin lover because he might end up on the rockets. You would flip flop if re-signed with the knicks.

charsace

I remember when the knicks first got felton and said he was fat. Dy said it was muscle. How wrong he was. Can't believe Dolan would rather have Faton than Linsanity.

Emwitus

Mario Chalmers significantly improved his handle last season, at the age of 25. The previous season he couldn't bring the ball up the court against even a weak press. He improved it significantly this season, which has also helped him dribbling through traffic. PEACE.

I think cloudy was talking more about the left hand. Going left, layup left, pass with left and all that jazz. It's really hard to improve your off hand when your past a certain age, not impossible but extremely difficult. I'm working on it tho lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can someone please explain why the Wolves are so hellbent on getting Batum? Not worth that dough, or the draft picks if they were to make a trade.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You became a Lin lover because he might end up on the rockets. You would flip flop if re-signed with the knicks.

Not really I just like the guy. I don't hate the Knicks at all. I do hate some of the guys on the Knicks right now and Dolan but I don't hate the Knicks.

I honestly hope that Dolan comes around and matches.

Pimpwerx

I think cloudy was talking more about the left hand. Going left, layup left, pass with left and all that jazz. It's really hard to improve your off hand when your past a certain age, no impossible but extremely difficult. I'm working on it tho lol

Lin should just dribble a ball with his left hand everywhere he goes. I mean, everywhere. Just walk around NYC dribbling with this left hand and tell the entire city it's their job to strip it from him. By the end of the summer, he's got a perfect left hand...or possibly mugged a few dozen times. :lol: PEACE.

Who the fuck is General Dempsey? Is his chicken better than General Tso's? PEACE.
So ignant.
I think cloudy was talking more about the left hand. Going left, layup left, pass with left and all that jazz. It's really hard to improve your off hand when your past a certain age, no impossible but extremely difficult. I'm working on it tho lol

So you comparing your no handle having ass to nba player who eat sleep and dream this shit? SMH.

Reading all this has me wondering how bad MY offhand sucks. I know what I'm doing at the gym today. Thanks for the inspiration, best-gaf.

Rodeo Clown

Can someone please explain why the Wolves are so hellbent on getting Batum? Not worth that dough, or the draft picks if they were to make a trade.

Have you seen the wings we've been running out?

Hopefully Courtney Lee is still around Wednesday.

Lin's contract is designed to fuck over the Knicks in the third year though, that's what Melo is complaining about. I doubt he cares what Lin gets as long as it helps the team.

Lin is overrated, heavily, and will be exposed in Houston imo.

Emwitus

So ignant.

So you comparing your no handle having ass to nba player who eat sleep and dream this shit? SMH.

Why can't lin go left then? Or ramon sessions? My point is it's hard to develop your left hand past a certain age not impossible. Lin wouldn't be the first nba player having trouble finishing with his left or going left. Example, Not many people, even in the nba can make accurate left hand passes. That's why we have great Pgs like rondo, nash who can run offenses as good as they can. I had to work really hard to get my left hand to descent not saying my regime is on the same level as nba player but i have been playing basketball for a fairly long time.

Lin's contract is designed to fuck over the Knicks in the third year though, that's what Melo is complaining about. I doubt he cares what Lin gets as long as it helps the team.

Lin is overrated, heavily, and will be exposed in Houston imo.

I agree with the bolded but how will he supposedly get exposed? He already shined on one of the worst teams in the league.

Rodeo Clown

Trade for Joe Johnson...

If the Wolves don't like Iguodala's contract, I can only imagine how they feel about Joe's.

If Brandon Roy can still play a little, the wing production should be a lot better even without Batum. Shved/Roy/Williams/Budinger replacing minutes that used to go to scrubs like Ellington, Wes, and Martell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom