• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevtones

Bowles and Roberts have kept NOLA in the game 2nd half after they lost their 17 point lead in 9 minutes.

Lillard with the unclutched FTs and then Rivers airballs the tying 3.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jerryd Bayless averaged 30 PPG in the summer league. That worked out great.

Putting any kind of value into some dudes first summer league game is whack.

SamuraiX-

What has Doc been teaching this kid since he was little?

Who needs basic fundamental basketball skills when you got

SWAG

Jerryd Bayless averaged 30 PPG in the summer league. That worked out great.

Putting any kind of value into some dudes first summer league game is whack.

It's one thing to overvalue a guy just because he dominates in the SL.

It's another thing when they don't even look serviceable against this sorry level of competition.

Emwitus

My god. All this cap space. We are free at last! (Farmar was bought out)

djpd+

On the other hand…

xSSn+

:jnc
Like what the what!! I'd like to know if the guy who signed JJs contract was drunk? Like did kobe walk into the room and leave after signing the contract? First time i've seen them lined up like that.....I always thought gaf was just playing a meme. H

All of Rivers' struggles should probably be looked at since there's a chance he's not even an NBA player despite being a top ten pick. Terrible defender and passer + the possible inability to score due to his terrible jumpshot form and his poor.

Kevtones

Good to hear Lillard played well.

Leonard looked good. He double-doubled on only 4 shots and hit 8/10 from the stripe. 3 blocks too and he looks athletic as hell. He's going to foul out a lot early on.

Barton looked good too. Guy needs to eat more but he looked rotation worthy. Nice defense and really vocal/good teammate type.

Pretty sure you'll see some hyperbole on Blazersedge.

If the report that Marc Berman just released is true, Knicks didn't screw Jeremy Lin.

Jeremy Lin's new agent screwed Jeremy Lin.

also the reason on the radio silence on Knicks FO:
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
‪#Knicks‬ can't say anything because Felton deal is not officially completed. And Lin's situation hinges on Felton getting done.

Walsh

Banned
Zeller looked outstanding tonight against the Bobcats going for 14 and 5.

Waiters was a bit shaky but it was only his first game under a lot of pressure.

squicken

Not saying it isn't true but Berman sure seems awfully partisan in this

The Post reported on its back page Saturday the Knicks were furious the Rockets changed the offer sheet for Lin and upgraded it to a $25 million guarantee over three years, according to a source. The Knicks were bitter because they told Lin immediately the club would match the original offer and Lin apparently shared the information with the Rockets. Lin and Houston then plotted to redo it.

Lin secretly flew into Las Vegas without informing the Knicks to renegotiate the contract and sign it.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...in_offer_IaFOfENCk85407zzt3ynxK#ixzz20lH78uLj

Like it's a spy novel or something

From what I'm getting, apparently after the 1st offer came in (5/5/9/9 option) his new agent told Lin to go back to Houston and ask for a new contract due to the Knicks saying "they'll match any offer". Lin wanted to stay in NY but agreed, that's apparently where the 2nd contract (5/5.2/14.9) )came from. It wasn't Morey being a "genius", it was his agent being an agent. Apparently, that made James Dolan angry and now Knicks FO is debating whether to bring Lin back... nothing will happen until the Felton trade is finalized.
Screwed him by drowning him in money?
Oh no the money part isn't the screwjob, it's the other thing - using Houston to drive up his value, fully expecting the Knicks to match. If that's Lin doing it, I'm sorry but he comes off as kinda greedy.
How do you screw Jeremy Lin by getting him more guaranteed money?
Lin wanted to stay in NY (so he says). Why go back and risk that? And more money... which is more?

5/5/9/9
5/5.2/14.9

You do the math.

Blazers-Knicks trade will go through [Monday]. Blazers get Jared Jeffries, Dan Gadzuric, Kostas Papanikolaou and Georgios Printezis and $$Knicks will pay Jeffries' $1.35M salary.
Wait a minute. Failton brought us the Euroleague Championship game MVP and the Knicks are going to pay Jeffries' salary?

Olshey is a God.

squicken

Woodson said they'd match it up to a billion dollars. It wasn't a state secret on their intent. Now if HOU breached some sort of league etiquette then shame on The Wizard. It was definitely strange for him to redo the offer. Heck I'm still not convinced the Knicks won't match, though it sure seems like Berman is out doing their hatchet work to prepare the fans for them not to re-sign him

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Knicks are really whining about the Rockets upping their offer? They didnt have to do any spy shit to figure out they had to increase if they wanted him, all they had to do was turn on ESPN and listen to the quotes about how the Knicks were yapping were going to match and how he was already the starting PG next year.

That article is so utterly ridiculous. Really seems like Dolan is paying him off.

The Knicks let Lin get his fair market value and it looks like they got burned. All these sour grapes after the fact is ridiculous. Makes the franchise look like amateur hour.

The Knicks are really whining about the Rockets upping their offer? They didnt have to do any spy shit to figure out they had to increase if they wanted him, all they had to do was turn on ESPN and listen to the quotes about how the Knicks were yapping were going to match and how he was already the starting PG next year.

That article is so utterly ridiculous. Really seems like Dolan is paying him off.
Except the relationship between the Post and Dolan is extremely toxic in NY. Keep speculating doe!
The Knicks let Lin get his fair market value and it looks like they got burned. All these sour grapes after the fact is ridiculous. Makes the franchise look like amateur hour.
Fair market value...

ok.

From what I'm getting, apparently after the 1st offer came in (5/5/9/9 option) his new agent told Lin to go back to Houston and ask for a new contract due to the Knicks saying "they'll match any offer". Lin wanted to stay in NY but agreed, that's apparently where the 2nd contract (5/5.2/14.9) )came from. It wasn't Morey being a "genius", it was his agent being an agent. Apparently, that made James Dolan angry and now Knicks FO is debating whether to bring Lin back... nothing will happen until the Felton trade is finalized.

apparently dolan really likes to hold grudges too so if hes gonna be a bitch and let his emotions dictate important franchise decisions, i hope his fucking companies all tank. i still think hell match though, despite everything. however, melo and jr just caused a shit load of locker room trouble now.

i dont blame lin for trying to get as much cake as possible. you kind of encourage that when you and your personnel continue to scream WE WILL MATCH WHATEVER over and over again.

that berman article is LOL. wow.

apparently dolan really likes to hold grudges too so if hes gonna be a bitch and let his emotions dictate important franchise decisions, i hope his fucking companies all tank. i still think hell match though, despite everything. however, melo and jr just caused a shit load of locker room trouble now.

i dont blame lin for trying to get as much cake as possible. you kind of encourage that when you and your personnel continue to scream WE WILL MATCH WHATEVER over and over again.
Hey Lin's no fool, dude patented the name LINSANITY in the offseason and he'll make a bundle himself. He'll do well off the court.

All I'm saying is the Knicks are considering letting him go, but won't say jack until Felton is signed.
that berman article is LOL. wow.
Post is sensational but Berman is no hack (unlike other Post guys). He's one of the few writers I trust on that rag, LOL-worthy verbiage aside.

I'm pretty sure Lin is guessing that he can make more than $3 million three years from now. Not sure arguing that Lin's agent screwed him by getting his client $8.4 million a year instead of $7 million makes the Knicks or Knicks' fans seem rational.

Emwitus

Felton could easily average 18+7 with hundreds of turnovers per meaningless game if given the chance.

He actually did those numbers over the opening games spanning 10 and jan 11 while playing with amare.

October 18 8

November 17 10

December 15 8

Jan 14 9

I'm pretty sure Lin is guessing that he can make more than $3 million three years from now. Not sure arguing that Lin's agent screwed him by getting his client $8.4 million a year instead of $7 million makes the Knicks or Knicks' fans seem rational.
Where does 3 million come from? Also would you rather make 18+ million over 2 years, or 14.9 over one?

The screwed comment comes from the understanding that he expected to stay in NY, and now that's in question. He's never said anything otherwise.

linsivvi

It ridiculous for the Knicks to say that the last year of Lin's contract would cost them $35M+ in tax. The Knicks would have to pay so much tax because of all the max contracts they've already given out. Melo and Amare contributed much more to the tax penalty than any contract Lin could've been given.

numble

Where does 3 million come from? Also would you rather make 18+ million over 2 years, or 14.9 over one?

The screwed comment comes from the understanding that he expected to stay in NY, and now that's in question. He's never said anything otherwise.

$25 million guaranteed vs $19 million guaranteed.

He just needs to get a $3 million contract (or more) in year 4 and he'll make more money than the 1st offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom